So it's your first Guild War
This is intended to be an introduction to Unite and Fight (also known as Guild War or GW by the English community) for the following types of players:
- I’m new to the game and I don’t know why this event is such a big deal;
- I was told this event was important to get some weapons but I don’t know why; or
- I was told this is how I can get s but this seems so annoying to do!
If any of these sound like you, then hopefully this guide will help you!
Guild War? Or Unite and Fight?
Guild War (GW) is the more commonly stylized name rather than the official Unite and Fight name. It is similar to Magna vs Omega in that players often use the non-official name due to it being the original way to describe the event before the official English translation, and has just become part of GBF slang. The weapons farmed from this event are also known as GW Weapons, rather than UnF weapons.
As such, this guide will predominantly use the expression Guild War.
TL;DR They're the same thing.
So what is GW, and why should you care?
Guild War is a combination of the following things:
- Crew v Crew battles to see who is the strongest (or just has too much free time in their life);
- The only way to obtain Revenant Weapons and eventually unlock the Eternal characters;
- The only way (currently) in game to repeatedly and reliably farm s and s, which you need to uncap special weapons and Summons to be an end-game player.
If you are a new player, only number 2 on that list really matters to you. If you are approaching High Level (HL) then number 1 and 3 will start to matter more to you.
Do I need to be in a crew to farm Guild War?
|Activity||Requires a crew?|
|Farming a Revenant Weapon||No|
|Gaining a meaningful number ofs||Yes|
However, in general it's recommended to be part of a crew when playing Granblue Fantasy. Being part of a crew means that you can do fights with many advantages, such as 2 free Green Potions, 30% starting charge bar for all characters, bonus EXP/RP, or a boost to your elemental ATK.
Being able to socialize with your crew and share salt or do raids together as you progress as a player also makes the game more fun. You should join a crew that is approximately the same level of progression as you, and shares similar aims.
Good places to find a crew in the English speaking community include the weekly Friends and Crew Recruitment Thread Reddit, or the crew recruitment channels in GBF Gaijins or GBF International. Please remember to read the rules for each of those communities before posting.
So what do I need to do next?
Use the menu bar at the top to choose what to read about!
This guide is separated into two section:
- Your first rodeo - You have never played a Guild War event before, and you want to know what to do. This is designed for new and mid-game players.
flierfarmers - You have an idea what GW is about. You're now looking to start grinding more seriously to unlock an Eternal character, or start fighting crew battles to farm s. But you need some initial guidance to get started. This is designed for mid-game to advanced players.