A Pair Apart
|A Pair Apart
|Granblue Fantasy: The Animation
A Pair Apart is the eighth episode of Granblue Fantasy: The Animation.
Gran and company visit another island for supplies, and take on an archaeological exploration job for Siero. The group reaches the ruin’s entrance, but a series of events causes them to split up into two groups. Cut off from each other, they move forward in order to meet up again, and encounter the treasure hunters Mary and Karva along the way
The episode opens with Mary and Karva, who are investigating a ruin for treasure. Gran and co. stop by an island to pick up supplies. While the supplies are being prepared, they undertake a request from Sierokarte to investigate a ruin far in the woods. Upon reaching the ruins, they fall down a trap, and are separated: Katalina, Lyria, and Vyrn in one group, and Rackam, Gran and Io in the other. The two groups brave such traps like falling spikes, flooded passages, and monsters. Katalina's group talks about Gran and the voyage, while Gran's group talks about Gran's childhood, before they burst in on Mary and Karva fighting a Clay Golem. After defeating the Clay Golem using coordinative tactics, Katalina and co. fall though the ceiling, and the group finds a treasure room-that turns to dust- and a sword that appears fairly powerful.
- Wind Rabbit/Storm Rabbit and Cave Bat make a brief appearance.
- Clay Golem makes a "boss" appearance.
- Lyria's ahoge seemed to function as antennae.
- This marks the first filler episode, unique to the anime and features non-story related Premium Draw characters.
- The sword found in the treasure room appears to be the Prototype weapon.