Difference between revisions of "Clarisse (Valentine)/Strategy"

From Granblue Fantasy Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m
(Fixed a few typos and added one line about plain damage.)
 
Line 7: Line 7:
 
*{{CharacterSkill|page=Clarisse (Valentine)|no=1}} provides a great amount of survivability and utility in the form of two or four buffs to the entire team. {{status|Veil}} is vital in blocking dangerous debuffs. {{status|Mirror Image}} is particular useful to dodge high damage one-ally special attacks. After the 10th turn, she additionally grants a {{status|Shield|a=2214}} and a {{status|Armored|a=30%|p=70%}} effect, providing even more effective HP to all allies. This skill could usually be used off cooldown but do consider saving its {{status|Veil}} or {{status|Mirror Image}} for foe's special attacks.
 
*{{CharacterSkill|page=Clarisse (Valentine)|no=1}} provides a great amount of survivability and utility in the form of two or four buffs to the entire team. {{status|Veil}} is vital in blocking dangerous debuffs. {{status|Mirror Image}} is particular useful to dodge high damage one-ally special attacks. After the 10th turn, she additionally grants a {{status|Shield|a=2214}} and a {{status|Armored|a=30%|p=70%}} effect, providing even more effective HP to all allies. This skill could usually be used off cooldown but do consider saving its {{status|Veil}} or {{status|Mirror Image}} for foe's special attacks.
 
*{{CharacterSkill|page=Clarisse (Valentine)|no=2}} provides 30% charge bar but also an effect similar to that of {{Itm|Bahamut}}'s summon call after the 10th turn. In low-defense fights the extra {{status|C.A. DMG Boosted (1 time)|a=20%}} and {{status|DMG Cap Boosted|a=5%}} is very useful whereas in high-defense fights {{status|C.A. DMG Boosted (1 time)|a=80%}} can equate to massive amounts of damage. Since the C.A. specs is there until used, the skill does not need to be saved in particular for a Full Chain turn, and rather could be used off cooldown as long as the foe does not have a lot of [[Dispel]] effects.
 
*{{CharacterSkill|page=Clarisse (Valentine)|no=2}} provides 30% charge bar but also an effect similar to that of {{Itm|Bahamut}}'s summon call after the 10th turn. In low-defense fights the extra {{status|C.A. DMG Boosted (1 time)|a=20%}} and {{status|DMG Cap Boosted|a=5%}} is very useful whereas in high-defense fights {{status|C.A. DMG Boosted (1 time)|a=80%}} can equate to massive amounts of damage. Since the C.A. specs is there until used, the skill does not need to be saved in particular for a Full Chain turn, and rather could be used off cooldown as long as the foe does not have a lot of [[Dispel]] effects.
*{{CharacterSkill|page=Clarisse (Valentine)|no=3}} offers a {{status|Gravity}} effect as well as a [[Dispel]] effect, both of which are fairly useful. In addition, her supoort skill makes it so that every time she uses this skill, the battle turn would progress by 1; due to the skill-reliant nature of Charge Attack team compositions in Dark, and her own abilities, synergizing with turn progression, this is usually a big upside, and should usually be used after other skills are in cooldown.
+
*{{CharacterSkill|page=Clarisse (Valentine)|no=3}} offers a {{status|Gravity}} effect as well as a [[Dispel]] effect, both of which are fairly useful. It also deals massive plain damage that scales with turns passed (and not with the grid of the player) which can be beneficial in both early game and advanced content. In addition, her support skill makes it so that every time she uses this skill, the battle turn would progress by 1; due to the skill-reliant nature of Charge Attack team compositions in Dark and her own abilities synergizing with turn progression, this is usually a big upside, and should usually be used after other skills are in cooldown.
 +
*Due to the nature of her skills getting more powerful starting from the 10th turn, if the skill went off cooldown 1 or 2 turns prior to the 10th, it's most likely good to save it for the added effect.
 +
 
 
== Synergy ==
 
== Synergy ==
  

Latest revision as of 08:50, 21 July 2019

  Game   Strategy   Lore   Voice    

Overview[edit]

Valentine Clarisse is a very prominent character in many dark team compositions. In particular, she thrives in teams that focus on Charge Attacks, and provides a variety of functionalities that can prove to be useful in all kinds of raids. In short fights such as 1-turn battles, she can help fill up the team's charge bar to faster enable a Chain Burst; in longer fights, she shines by possessing very powerful skills after the 10th turn, boosting allies' attack massively and providing the crucial survivability in the form of both defense buffs and debuffs affecting foe's charge diamonds.

How to Play[edit]

  • Ability Heartfelt.png HeartfeltAll allies gain Status Veil.pngVeilDebuffs will be nullified (1 time)

    Duration: Indefinite
    "Veil" is an unofficial name used by the wiki for this status effect. Its actual in-game name is "Immune."
    and 1-hit Status Mirror Image.pngMirror ImageNext one-to-one attack received will be ineffective
    (Effect removed on next all-foe all-ally attack)

    Duration: Indefinite
    .
    From 10th turn onward: All allies also gain a 2214-damage Status Shield.pngShieldNext ATK received will be ineffective for a fixed amount

    Strength: 2214
    Duration: Indefinite
    and Status Armored.png70% / 30% ArmoredChance of lowering DMG taken

    Strength:70% chance of taking 30% less damage.
    Duration: 4 turns
    .
    provides a great amount of survivability and utility in the form of two or four buffs to the entire team. Status Veil.pngVeilDebuffs will be nullified (1 time)

    "Veil" is an unofficial name used by the wiki for this status effect. Its actual in-game name is "Immune."
    is vital in blocking dangerous debuffs. Status Mirror Image.pngMirror ImageNext one-to-one attack received will be ineffective
    (Effect removed on next all-foe all-ally attack)
    is particular useful to dodge high damage one-ally special attacks. After the 10th turn, she additionally grants a Status Shield.pngShieldNext ATK received will be ineffective for a fixed amount

    Strength: 2214
    and a Status Armored.png70% / 30% ArmoredChance of lowering DMG taken

    Strength:70% chance of taking 30% less damage.
    effect, providing even more effective HP to all allies. This skill could usually be used off cooldown but do consider saving its Status Veil.pngVeilDebuffs will be nullified (1 time)

    "Veil" is an unofficial name used by the wiki for this status effect. Its actual in-game name is "Immune."
    or Status Mirror Image.pngMirror ImageNext one-to-one attack received will be ineffective
    (Effect removed on next all-foe all-ally attack)
    for foe's special attacks.
  • Ability Sweet Entropy.png Sweet EntropyAll allies gain Status Uplift.png30% Charge BoostInstantly boosts Charge Bar by 30%

    Strength: 30%
    .
    From 10th turn onward: All allies also gain Status C.A. DMG Boosted (1 time).png80% C.A. DMG Up (1 time)Charge attack DMG is boosted (1 time)

    Strength: 80%
    Duration: Until used
    , Status CA DMG Cap.png20% C.A. DMG Cap Up (1 time)Charge attack DMG cap is boosted (1 time)

    Strength: 20%
    Duration: Until used
    , and Status DamageCapUp.png5% DMG Cap UpCan deal big bonus DMG when DMG dealt in one turn reaches a certain amount

    Strength: 5%
    Duration: 4 turns
    .
    provides 30% charge bar but also an effect similar to that of Summon s 2040003000.jpg Bahamut's summon call after the 10th turn. In low-defense fights the extra Status C.A. DMG Boosted (1 time).png20% C.A. DMG Up (1 time)Charge attack DMG is boosted (1 time)

    Strength: 20%
    and Status DamageCapUp.png5% DMG Cap UpCan deal big bonus DMG when DMG dealt in one turn reaches a certain amount

    Strength: 5%
    is very useful whereas in high-defense fights Status C.A. DMG Boosted (1 time).png80% C.A. DMG Up (1 time)Charge attack DMG is boosted (1 time)

    Strength: 80%
    can equate to massive amounts of damage. Since the C.A. specs is there until used, the skill does not need to be saved in particular for a Full Chain turn, and rather could be used off cooldown as long as the foe does not have a lot of Dispel effects.
  • Ability Atomic Acceleration.png Atomic AccelerationPlain damage to a foe based on number of turns passed multiplied by 100,000 (Damage cap: 1,000,000). Remove 1 buff and inflict Status Gravity.pngGravitySpecial attack max charge turn is extended

    Duration: 180 seconds
    .
    From 10th turn onward: Activates twice.
    offers a Status Gravity.pngGravitySpecial attack max charge turn is extended
    effect as well as a Dispel effect, both of which are fairly useful. It also deals massive plain damage that scales with turns passed (and not with the grid of the player) which can be beneficial in both early game and advanced content. In addition, her support skill makes it so that every time she uses this skill, the battle turn would progress by 1; due to the skill-reliant nature of Charge Attack team compositions in Dark and her own abilities synergizing with turn progression, this is usually a big upside, and should usually be used after other skills are in cooldown.
  • Due to the nature of her skills getting more powerful starting from the 10th turn, if the skill went off cooldown 1 or 2 turns prior to the 10th, it's most likely good to save it for the added effect.

Synergy[edit]

Extended Mastery Perks[edit]

Clarisse (Valentine) Pts: 8
ZenithAtk.pngATK
★☆☆★★☆★★★
+500+800+1000
ZenithDef.pngDEF
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithDebuffRes.pngDebuff Resistance
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithODA.pngOverdrive Attack
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithModeBar.pngOverdrive Curbed
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆
ZenithAtk.pngATK
★☆☆★★☆★★★
+500+800+1000
ZenithDef.pngDEF
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithHP.pngHP
★☆☆★★☆★★★
250500750
ZenithDA.pngDouble Attack Rate
★☆☆★★☆★★★
3%5%6%
ZenithCritHit.pngCritical Hit
★☆☆★★☆★★★
12% chance for 12% more DMG20% chance for 20% more DMG25% chance for 25% more DMG
☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ★★☆ ★★★
ZenithCADmg.pngCharge Attack Damage
★☆☆★★☆★★★
10%15%20%
ZenithCADmg.pngCharge Attack Damage
★☆☆★★☆★★★
10%15%20%
ZenithCADmgCap.pngCharge Attack Damage Cap
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithChargeBar.pngBoost to Charge Bar
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
Perk unknown, please help fill it out
★☆☆ ★☆☆ ☆☆☆ ★☆☆ ☆☆☆
Last update:

Gamewith's recommended EMP build for Clarisse (Valentine).

Priorities[edit]

Prioritize Critical, followed by CA DMG, DA and finally Charge Bar.

Clarisse (Valentine) Pts: 12
ZenithAtk.pngATK
★☆☆★★☆★★★
+500+800+1000
ZenithDef.pngDEF
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithDebuffRes.pngDebuff Resistance
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithODA.pngOverdrive Attack
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithModeBar.pngOverdrive Curbed
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆
ZenithAtk.pngATK
★☆☆★★☆★★★
+500+800+1000
ZenithDef.pngDEF
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithHP.pngHP
★☆☆★★☆★★★
250500750
ZenithDA.pngDouble Attack Rate
★☆☆★★☆★★★
3%5%6%
ZenithCritHit.pngCritical Hit
★☆☆★★☆★★★
12% chance for 12% more DMG20% chance for 20% more DMG25% chance for 25% more DMG
☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ★☆☆ ★★★
ZenithCADmg.pngCharge Attack Damage
★☆☆★★☆★★★
10%15%20%
ZenithCADmg.pngCharge Attack Damage
★☆☆★★☆★★★
10%15%20%
ZenithCADmgCap.pngCharge Attack Damage Cap
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithChargeBar.pngBoost to Charge Bar
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
Perk unknown, please help fill it out
★☆☆ ★☆☆ ★★★ ★★★ ☆☆☆
Last update: 2019-07-06

Priorities[edit]

Prioritize C.A. specs and Critical Hit, complemented with boost to charge bar and Double Attack. Remaining points can be used to complete C.A. damage nodes, an additional point in Double Attack, or survivability stats such as HP or Defense based on need.

Resources[edit]