Rusted weapons can be obtained from 2 locations:
- Proto Bahamut (usually 1 per kill, but can be replaced by a flip chest)
- Angel Halo (Archangel Cores or lvl 17 Angel Cores, rare)
Both Revenant weapons and Bahamut weapons require a fully uncapped level 75 rusted weapon. Generally, you’ll need to run Proto Bahamut and Angel Halo dozens, if not hundreds, of times for other drops so you will soon find yourself with more rusted weapons than needed. It’s recommended you keep 1-2 fully uncapped rusted weapons of each type and more of useful ones such as daggers.
If you’re unlucky you may find that you can’t fully uncap a rusted weapon you need. When this happens, an easy solution is to buy casino.from the
Extra Rusted weapons can be used to upgrade your crew's airship.
What's most efficient, Angel Halo or Proto Bahamut?
Proto Bahamut farming should be preferred unless there is a need for other drops from Angel Halo such as Whorl or Angel items.
A Rusted Weapon will drop every 5-10 Angel Halo (depending on Drop Rate Boosts). Thus each drop will cost 100-200 AP (50-100 AP during Half AP/EP festivals).
Proto Bahamut on the other hand will nearly always drop a Rusted Weapon (95%+), with a more valuable drop when it doesn't. Thus each drop will cost 5EP (2EP during Half AP/EP festivals).
Proto Bahamut will also almost always drop a Rusted Weapon when VMVP and a bit less often if MVP.
Thus each desired Rusted Weapon drop will on average cost 1000-2000 AP (500-1000 AP) from Angel Halo or 25-50 EP (10-20 EP) from Proto Bahamut.
How many Rusted Weapons are needed?
- 1 MLB for each Bahamut Weapon.
- 2 MLB for Atma Weapons.
- 1-6 MLB for Revenant Weapons.
- One is needed to recruit the corresponding Eternal.
- Each element will require one, but not all weapons are worth it.
- 6 MLB to Craft a Golden Relic.
- 1 MLB to obtain 50 additional Star Fragments.
A reasonable goal is to save 8-9 of each Rusted Weapon.