|What are raids?
Raids are multiplayer bosses that allow up to 30 people to battle together against a single raid boss. The player who hosts the raid will spend AP and any summoning items, then other players who join to help will spend EP.
The raid host and the MVP always receive 1 red chest, while the Vice MVP usually gets an extra chest as well. Red chests have a higher chance of containing better loot. During events, the host and MVP get extra tokens. Individual ranking in a raid does not affect what chests contain or how many drop.
When looking for raids to join, the in-game list will not refresh until every raid currently on the list is completed, but you can also join by raid ID. Raid IDs are commonly found using TweetDeck for when players request help via Twitter. There are also other third-party tools that can parse tweets for raid IDs.
Other notes on raids:
- Using chat or stickers during a raid will give you one free blue potion. Requesting help from 'Everyone' also gives you a blue potion.
- You only need to attack or use a skill once to get loot for the raid. This allows you to attempt to get loot from multiple raids simultaneously.
- However, raid bosses do have a minimum contribution value that determines whether you receive Pendants; if you are below the minimum contribution, you will not receive any Pendants once 3 minutes have passed since you first joined the raid.
- If you are unable to contribute anything before the boss is defeated, any EP used to join the raid is refunded.
- You do not need to be alive when the boss is defeated to get loot.
Tier 1 Raids
Omega raids require rank 30 to host or join. True Anima and/or Omega Fragments from these raids are needed to summon Proto Bahamut.
Tier 2 Raids
Requires rank 40 and having cleared the same-element Tier 1 Omega raid to host. Costs 50 Whorls or 6 Dragon Scales to summon. Drops from these raids are needed to summon Grand Order.
Tier 3 Raids
Requires rank 40 and cleared the same-element Tier 2 raids to host. Costs 50 Whorls or 6 Dragon Scales to summon.
Rank 80 Raids
Requires rank 80 to host, rank 50 to join. Each raid requires a different item in order to summon:
Requires rank 101 to host or join. They all have different hosting requirements as well.
Other Low-Level Raids