New Player Checklist
If you're a new player, or even if not, Granblue Fantasy has a lot of things going on, so it can be taxing to remember everything you can do or need to do. This list contains various time-limited or one-time tasks to perform to help you make progress on your Granblue journey!
These are activities you generally do only once, or on an as-needed basis.
- For new players: Do your free daily 10-draw for the next 6 days after creating your account.
- Clear the Pinboard Missions.
- Designate a Star Character.
- Set up support summons (Menu > Profile). (Don't forget to update your support summons if you get better summons down the line!)
- Adjust your Settings (Menu > Settings).
- Settings > Battle Settings contains useful settings that can improve your gameplay based on your needs, including the option to change the size of the Skill Queue icons, turn on or off Skill Effect descriptions, change the speed of battle and summon animations, as well as toggle Semi and Full Auto settings.
- Settings > Chat/Stickers alows you to change your sticker sets to include a variety of Stickers the game offers for communication.
- Link a Twitter account (Menu > Settings > Linked Accounts). This has multiple benefits such as allowing you to tweet once per day to refill your AP and EP as well as tweeting backup requests to get help in raid battles.
- If you don't have a Twitter account or don't want to spam your main Twitter account, it's perfectly fine to make an account specifically for this.
Progress in the main story quest to receive free 3★ uncapped weapons and unlock other important things.
- Complete chapter 4-4 to receive .
- Complete chapter 8-4 to receive .
- Complete chapter 12-4 to receive .
- Complete chapter 16-4 to receive .
- Complete chapter 20-4 to receive .
- Complete chapter 24-4 to receive .
- Complete chapter 44-4 and clear the quest Inchoate World to unlock Arcarum: The World Beyond
- Discover free items in each new town. Once you have collected all four items, one each from the golden shining points, you can then collect a fifth, hidden item by clicking the four, now silver shining nodes in a specific sequence. These items can only ever be claimed once, though there is no time restriction before you must do so.
Name of Town Version First sparkle Second Sparkle Third Sparkle Fourth Sparkle Fifth Sparkle Sixth Sparkle Seventh Sparkle Eight Sparkle Ninth Sparkle Tenth Sparkle Eleventh Sparkle Twelveth Sparkle Extra Reward Zinkenstill Top Left Bottom Right Top Right Bottom Left - - - - - - - - Port Breeze Archipelago Top Bottom Left Bottom Right Middle - - - - - - - - Valtz Duchy Top Right Top Left Bottom Left Bottom Right - - - - - - - - Auguste Isles Bottom Left Top Right Top Left Bottom Right - - - - - - - - Lumacie Archipelago Top Right Bottom Right Top Left Bottom Left - - - - - - - - Albion Citadel Middle Bottom Right Left Top - - - - - - - - Mist-Shrouded Isle Right Left Top Bottom - - - - - - - - Golonzo Island Bottom Left Top Right Bottom Middle Top Middle - - - - - - - - Amalthea Island Battle torn Top Middle Top Right Bottom Middle Bottom Right - - - - - - - - Pristine Top Middle Top Right Middle Bottom Left - - - - - - - - Former Capital Mephorash Middle Top Right Bottom Left Left - - - - - - - - Agastia Top Right Bottom Left Bottom Middle Top Middle - - - - - - - - Dydroit Belt Top Bottom Right Bottom Left Middle - - - - - - - - Silverwind Stretch, North Vast Bottom Left Bottom Middle Middle Top - - - - - - - - Idelva Kingdom, Merkmal Island Right Bottom Top Middle - - - - - - - - Groz Island Left Top Right Bottom Right Middle Right - - - - - - - - Kluger Island Bottom Left Middle Right Top Right Middle Left - - - - - - - - Bestia Island Top Middle Left Middle Right Bottom - - - - - - - - Reiche Island Bottom Middle Left Top Middle Right Bottom - - - - - - - Starke Island Bottom Left Bottom Right Middle Right Top Right Middle Right Top Right - - - - - - The Edgelands Top Right Bottom Right Bottom Left Top Left Bottom Left Bottom Right Top Right - - - - - New Utopia Bottom Top Bottom Top Bottom Top Bottom Right Left Right Left Right Magmell Island Bottom Middle Right Middle Left Bottom Middle Left Middle Right Bottom Top - - - -
- Obtain free .
- Expand your inventory and/or purchase stashes (see: Crystal shop).
- Weapon inventory space is often more valuable than summon inventory space. Stashes are better value for your crystals, so you can buy those first before buying individual weapon inventory slots.
Complete Side Stories to unlock free characters and collect treasure to trade for weapons and summons. While not an exhaustive list of all the good things Side Stories have in store, here are a few notable rewards:
- By completing What Makes the Sky Blue you can unlock the SR character Lyria (Event) and earn a free Bahamut Weapon.
- By completing What Makes the Sky Blue II: Paradise Lost you can unlock the SSR character Sandalphon (Event) and earn a free Demi Optimus Summon or a .
- As the value of the summon versus the Sunlight Stone varies based on what other summons you already have, it is recommended to wait on redeeming your choice until you have a better idea of your goals and needs.
- By completing Princess Connect! Re:Dive: Dinner at the Turned Table you can unlock the three SSR characters Pecorine, Kokkoro, and Karyl.
- By completing Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - The Blue Reckoning you can unlock the three SSR characters Lelouch Lamperouge, Suzaku Kururugi, and Kallen Kouzuki.
- By completing Love Live! Sunshine!! Aqours Sky-High! you can unlock the three SSR characters Aqours First-Years, Aqours Second-Years, and Aqours Third-Years.
These activities should be done daily as many times as possible, depending on your current strength, finances, and goals. Generally, tasks higher in the list are more important to complete each day.
- Check the Home Page for login rewards and possible news or announcements.
- Trade for
- Treasure Shop: 2 elixirs and 5 berries can be purchased per day for each island's silver chest item drop, up to 20 elixirs and 50 berries per month.
- Casino Cage: 5 elixirs and 10 berries an be purchased per day, up to 100 elixirs and 200 berries per month.
- Normal Showdowns: 5 elixirs can be purchased per month from each showdown.
- Restore AP/EP via Twitter. This is additive to your current AP/EP and will push it over the cap. Thus there is no need expend your AP/EP before Tweeting.
- Complete any event daily missions. See Main Page for current events.
- Summon raid bosses for Pendants. Normally, each boss can be summoned 3 times per day per difficulty.
- Which raids you do are often dependent on your strength, needs, and goals; however, the most commonly recommended for new players are Omega Raids for Omega Weapon drops. Refer to Basic Grids for more information.
- Hard+ raids for bosses such as Tiamat can be unlocked at Rank 101 by hosting and clearing its respective Omega HL raid and count for all 3 clears of your daily Hard raids in one fight.
- Extreme+ raids for bosses such as Tiamat Omega can be unlocked at Rank 120 by hosting and clearing its respective Omega II Raid and count for all 3 clears of your daily Extreme raids in one fight.
- Spend your daily Arcarum Badges by doing Arcarum Expeditions.
- Complete Coop Daily Missions for points to spend in the Mission Point Shop.
- can be hard to get at lower levels, and this is the easiest method of collecting them until later in the game.
- Perform 101 Rupie Draws (1 free + 10,000 Rupies).
These activities can be done daily, but it will vary heavily by player if they need to be done.
- Buy Omega Animas from the casino.
- Trade for treasures.
- can be a major gate for certain progression targets, making these a common daily trade.
- Purchase Pendant shop.
Omega weapons from the Renown
- Each weapon can be bought 4 times per month except Luminiera Sword Omega, which has an account lifetime limit of 10 and no monthly limit.
- Refer to Basic Grids for a reference of which weapons are the most value for your pendants. and are notable due to their relative difficulty to obtain over their counterparts in other elements for lower level players.
- Purchase moons from the Renown Pendant shop.
- You can buy 1 of each moon per month. They can be exchanged for many useful items, so it is usually worth buying them, especially as a free/non-IAP player.
- During Half-AP events, or when you have nothing better to do, you can always clear Angel Halo since it drops a variety of useful materials for leveling up weapons and uncapping characters that are useful to have in bulk.
A lot of content opens up once you reach rank 101, so there may be additional regular tasks to perform.