From Granblue Fantasy Wiki
(Redirected from Idelva Kingdom, Merkmal Island)
An island with a crooked fortress, is scarred by the struggle of its past.
Merkmal Island is the location for chapters 80-83 of the main quest.
- An island located on the edge of Nalhegrande Skydom, landmarked by the giant fortress left by the Astrals. Although it falls under the rule of Idelva Kingdom, it's mostly untouched as the island is without a significant industry or residential population. But since the settlement by the outlaws in recent years, it's become fairly independent, leading to uneasiness regarding their new role in the sky.
- A majestic fortress overlooking the edge of the skydom. It is said that the Astrals lived in prosperity, but its pre-war purpose and functionality are not fully known. Researchers and top military brass from different countries have been conducting ongoing investigations.
- A large overlook at the top of Sturren Fort where you can see the whole of Merkmal Island. It's speculated that after being built, it was used to watch over the Grim Basin and Silver Wall. Currently the island outlaws use it to keep guard over the island.
- Although it's known that Sturren Fort is laid out with snares both large and small, much of the documents related to the fortress have been lost. Only a small portion of the traps and their triggers have been discovered, and even those have been kept secret.
- A row of old houses around Sturren Fort built around the same time as the fortress. With the fortress takeover by the outlaws, the island residents moved away from the area and it soon became a roost for the outlaws.
- Fields that roll stoically over the island. The unknown brings forth hope and despair in equal measure.
- A fortress that survived the War. The people long for a king with the resolve to protect them.
- Indignant Conflagration (40 AP)
- 3 Lvl 75 Fire Gyre with 2.7m HP.
- The Mysterious Room (50 AP)
- Guaranteed 1 each time.
- A forest in the Zeman Plains. Those who enter gamble their future to test their faith.
- Main Quests
- Chapter 82: Cain's Trap (23 AP)
- A forest in the far reaches of Merkmal Island. Its inviting depths grant skyfarers passage to departure.
- Main Quests
- Chapter 83: Old Battles, New Paths (23 AP)
By clicking on the sparkles in the following order, Lyria will find a.
- Right (Antiquated Townscape)
- Bottom (Fortress Traps)
- Top (Fortress Overlook)
- Middle (Sturren Fort)
- Merkmal is German and means "trait", "attribute", "characteristic".
- Bartwald and Steuerwald both contain the German word for 'forest'.
- It is likely they cut the word 'Schlüsselbart' (key bit) into just 'Bart' (beard) to make it shorter. The translated name would then be 'Key Bit Forest'.
- 'Steuer' in this context likely translates to 'helm', or is a derivative of 'steuern' (to steer). Possible translations include 'Helm Forest' or 'Steering Forest'.