Rerolling | FAQ | New Player Checklist | Basic Grids | Advanced Grids | Glossary | Guides
- 1 Technical Support
- 2 New Players
- 2.1 Should I make teams of characters consisting of only 1 element?
- 2.2 Which element should I play?
- 2.3 Is X character good?
- 2.4 What class/job should I level first?
- 2.5 What support/main summon should I use?
- 2.6 Help, I’m too weak to do things and these events are too hard for me!
- 2.7 Why do some people call Omegas "Magnas", or charge attacks "ougis"? What does [this word/term] mean?
- 2.8 How do I restore AP/EP?
- 2.9 How do I get more CP/Rupies?
- 2.10 How do I get more party slots?
- 3 Game UI and Menu Navigation
- 3.1 How do I remove skills from the skill queue?
- 3.2 How do I remove the elemental diagram on the left side of a battle?
- 3.3 Can I reset my support summon list if there are no good ones to pick?
- 3.4 How do I search for a friend by ID?
- 3.5 How do I favorite a quest?
- 3.6 How do I switch between the Male/Female MC?
- 3.7 How do I stop people from sending backup requests in my raids / speed up the game / disable Vyrn popups?
- 4 Resource Management
Asking for Technical Support
You can contact Cygames directly via tickets through the Technical Support button, but be aware that they only communicate in Japanese. Depending on your case, Google Translate might be enough to make communication possible. Translating it back and forth might expose some translation hiccups, which you can improve by rewriting that section in another manner and trying again.
You can ask the community for technical support, but this website isn't suited for this. You can instead ask at our Discord or the Granblue EN Subreddit. As a policy, ensure your application/browser/system is up-to-date and clear your cache and cookies before asking for help as it can solve many issues. Checking the Technical Support page (specially in Japanese as it is updated more regularly) can also inform you of any known issues. If you cannot access the page through the game click here. You will need to be signed into the Mobage account tied to your GBF account.
I play in the phone app, but I never made any account. How do I play on other versions?
You currently have a guest account and you need to register it to use it anywhere else.
Go to the Mailbox on the homepage and choose the Register with Mobage to change your nickname option. Follow these steps, and in the last step enter your Email address. The email you get must be opened in a mobile browser. Enter the information it asks for to finish registering your account. The login information created should work in all versions of the game.
Should I make teams of characters consisting of only 1 element?
Yes, players should aim to have teams with only characters of one element, also known as mono-element teams. This is because a majority of the game is built around elemental advantages. Running characters of different elements in one team is a relic of the past and is not suggested. Once you start building more advanced setups and understanding the games mechanics, you can opt to run different off-element characters for certain gameplay strategies.
Which element should I play?
All of them! To start out, you can prioritize whichever elements you have powerful characters for, or characters you just like. You can also obtain SSR characters and weapons for all elements via Side Stories. For a list of notable rewards, check out Basic Grids#Free Completion Rewards.
Is X character good?
See the Character Tier List and its sources for detailed evaluations of various characters. Generally, anyone rated at least 9.0 is excellent and you'll find yourself very happy to have them throughout the game. If you want to keep creating new accounts until you acquire a particular character, see the Rerolling guide.
What class/job should I level first?
Rush Dark Fencer on Row III first, mastering its prerequisites as quickly as possible. This is for its class skill: Miserable MistInflict 25% ATK DownATK is lowered
Strength: 25%Base Accuracy: 80%Duration: 180 secondsStacking: Dual and 25% DEF DownDEF is lowered
Strength: 25%Base Accuracy: 80%Duration: 180 secondsStacking: Dual on all foes.. After that, Relic Buster for Row IV is a fantastic generalist class that carries a lot of utility that will help carry you through the early game and well into mid- to endgame. Unlike other classes, it can be unlocked by simply trading in materials. Check Basic Grids#Unlock Relic Buster for more information.
What support/main summon should I use?
Very early on you will want to use the highest available flat Elemental ATK that matches your element. Notable summons for each element are listed in their respective sections on the Basic Grids page. As your weapon grid improves, you will eventually transition to Optimus (aka Primal) or Omega (aka Magna) summons.
Help, I’m too weak to do things and these events are too hard for me!
- Check the Basic Grids for tips and suggestions.
- Completing certain Main Story Quests arcs will grant you upgraded Omega Weapons and will unlock Side Stories. Certain Side Stories will even grant you useful SSR characters and weapons. Check the Basic Grids#Free Completion Rewards section for a curated list.
- Remember to level up your weapons as well as their Weapon Skills! Having excellent weapons will not matter unless you improve them with weapon exp and skill fodder.
- If you're in a rush because of a limited time event or to play with friends, you can skip most of the Main Story Quests for their rewards and check on the plot later via the Journal, though you'll miss on experiencing the plot fights. You can also revisit the quests anytime, including battles, by selecting them on the map.
Why do some people call Omegas "Magnas", or charge attacks "ougis"? What does [this word/term] mean?
Many players started before the official English translation, so sometimes unofficial translations or Japanese words became the accepted English community standard. Check the term in the Glossary to see what any unfamiliar term means.
How do I restore AP/EP?
- Your AP and EP are fully restored when your rank increases.
- Use recovery items such as Half Elixir, Soul Berry, and Soul Balm which can be acquired from certain quests, events, login rewards, co-op, rotating showdowns, and the casino.
- You can manually use recovery items by clicking on the AP/EP display, or via Menu > Supplies > Consumables and clicking on the desired item.
- You can set autoconsumption of these items under Menu > Settings > Miscellaneous > AP/EP Auto-Restore Settings. This setting is off by default. Make sure to not set it to consume Full Elixirs, only Half Elixirs.
- You can further disable the autoconsumption prompt under the above for expediency.
How do I get more CP/Rupies?
Playing your daily standard difficulty raids on SkyLeap grants you points that can traded in the SkyLeap Point Shop.
How do I get more party slots?
All main party slots are now available from the start, and no more can currently be purchased. "Extra" part slots can be obtained by progressing through Arcarum and eventually unlocking Sandbox. These parties can only be used in specific modes and raids.
How do I remove skills from the skill queue?
Click the skill icon in the queue.
How do I remove the elemental diagram on the left side of a battle?
While in a battle, Click Menu > Screen and disable Elements Diagram. This will also allow you to click Full Auto without having to attack beforehand.
Can I reset my support summon list if there are no good ones to pick?
Yes! Starting any quest will refresh the list.
Additionally Trial Battles under Home > Gameplay Extras don't consume AP. Simply start the battle and retreat.
How do I search for a friend by ID?
Open the Menu in the top right and choose the Friends. Select the Search button, then the ID tab.
How do I favorite a quest?
A quest can be favorited in the Quest Result screen after completing it. Quests can also be favorited by tapping on the small next to the picture of a quest. To favorite a special quest click select and then click the picture of the quest you want to favorite.
How do I switch between the Male/Female MC?
Menu > Profile > Male/Female button in the top left toggles between Gran and Djeeta MC.
How do I stop people from sending backup requests in my raids / speed up the game / disable Vyrn popups?
Menu > Settings > Battle contains most options related to actual battles.
Should I uncap my weapons with Damascus Ingots/Gold Bricks or my summons with Sunlight Stones?
Generally, if you have to ask, the answer is "no": Damascus Ingots, Gold Bricks and Sunlight Stones are incredibly rare resources and should not be used lightly. It is highly recommended to save these items until the player reaches a point in their game understanding and progression to understand their value and what benefits uncapping the respective weapon or summon offers.
How should I prioritize spending my AP/EP?
As a new player you will have nearly infinite AP/EP early since it refreshes every time your Rank increases, but it will eventually dwindle, at which point the following is a general priority list:
- Always be aware of limited-time events and what rewards you can acquire from them. They are high priority as they might be unavailable for months, years, or in certain cases permanently, if you do not obtain them during the period.
- Do your Hard and Extreme Omega raids each day for Anima, Omega Weapons, and Pendants.
- Complete your daily Co-Op missions for various rewards, including a Premium Draw Ticket. This mission rewards reset every time you trade for all the items available, including the ticket.
- Complete uncleared quests for the first time to acquire Crystal, Premium Draw Tickets, Outfits and other rewards.
- Work towards unlocking new Classes.
- Clear material-giving quests to work towards recruiting Eternals.
- Spend excess EP providing backup to other raids of your choice.
What should I do with all these R/SR weapons/summons?
- Check out Basic Grids#Inventory Management for a more detailed writeup but in general:
- All farmable R/SR weapons should be reserved for their xp and/or Weapon Skills.
- Farmable R summons should be reserved.
- Farmable SR summons should be reduced.
- Premium Draw SR weapons should be reduced.
- Premium Draw R weapons should be reserved.
- Premium Draw SR summons should be reduced except Carbuncles.
- Premium Draw R summons should be reserved.
- Keep ALL Premium Draw SSR weapons or summons. Do NOT combine copies by uncapping them, as some setups may require multiple copies.
- Weapons/Summons can be marked Favorite or placed in a stash to avoid accidentally reducing them or using them as fodder.
- Always double check before getting rid of something you can't easily re-acquire.
Is the Rupie Draw worth it?
Yes: it provides +1 weapons/summons, rare weapons with skills for use as fodder, and occasionally even new characters / moons.
What do I spend Moons on?
- Bronze Moons are primarily used for items that help you continue playing the game, namely Half Elixirs and Soul Berries. CP can be an okay choice for early game players looking to unlock and upgrade new classes.
- Silver Moons is a larger source of Half Elixirs and Soul Berries. Damascus Ingots are technically an option but not recommended, especially if you are a newer player.
- Gold Moons are incredibly rare and valuable resources especially for new players. It is best to save these until you reach a point in your game experience to understand the cost-benefit of using these.
|My question isn't here!|
If you're wondering about a character/item/summon/concept, try searching its name in the search bar. If that doesn't work, feel free to ask for help in our Discord.