Granblue Fantasy: The Animation
|Granblue Fantasy: The Animation|
|Series Director||Ayako Kurata|
|Character Designer||Toshifumi Akai|
|Animation Production||A-1 Pictures|
January 21, 2017 (Television film special)
Granblue Fantasy: The Animation is an anime adaptation of the role-playing video game developed by Cygames. It was scheduled to premiere in January 2017, however it was delayed to April 1, 2017. A television anime special which aired the first two episodes of the television anime series was broadcast on January 21, 2017 prior to the anime series.
The anime series is animated by A-1 Pictures and directed by Yuuki Itoh, featuring character designs by Toshifumi Akai, and music by Nobuo Uematsu, Tsutomu Narita and Yasunori Nishiki. Bump of Chicken performed the series' opening theme, titled "GO", which is also the image song for the game's "Go into the blue" commercial, and Haruhi performed the series' ending theme, titled "Sora no Parade" (ソラのパレード).
Confirmed cast members are reprising their respective character roles in the anime.
- Gran - Yūki Ono / Kyle McCarley / Benjamin Stolz
- Djeeta - Hisako Kanemoto / Erika Harlacher / Laura Maire
- Lyria - Nao Tōyama / Kira Buckland / Moira May
- Vyrn - Rie Kugimiya / Sandy Fox / Kerstin Dietrich
- Katalina - Miyuki Sawashiro / Erica Lindbeck / Ilena Gwisdalla
Although Gran is the main character for the anime, Djeeta will still appear as the "Promo Captain" for advertisements and promotional material.
It can be streamed in Japan on AmebaTV.
There is an English dubbed version of the anime along with the original Japanese version with English subtitles, streaming now on Crunchyroll and VRV. It can also be streamed on Amazon Prime Video, Hulu and AnimeLab in English subbed only. Daisuki will not be streamed due to service being shut down on October 31st, 2017.
The German dubbed version is aired on TV5.
The French and German subbed versions are available for streaming on Wakanim.
- "GO" by Bump of Chicken
- Granblue Fantasy "Go into the blue" CM Image Song
- From the album, Butterflies
- Lyrics, Composition: Motoo Fujiwara
- Arrangement: Bump of Chicken, MOR
- (MOR, Toy's Factory, Longfellow)
- "Sora no Parade" (ソラのパレード) by Haruhi
- From the album, Inside Out
- Lyrics, Composition: Haruhi
- Arrangement: Haruhi, Ryo Hikosawa
- (Sony Music Entertainment)
|#||Title||Screenplay||Storyboard||Episode Director||Animation Director||Release Date|
|1||Girl in Blue||Nao Takizawa||Yuuki Itoh||Yuuki Itoh||Asami Komatsu||Jan 21, 2017|
| Gran and Vyrn live on the sleepy, far-flung island of Zinkenstill. Their quiet lives are rocked by the sound of a sudden explosion and the sight of battleship in the sky. They follow a light that falls from the battleship into the forbidden woods, where they encounter a mysterious girl.
Note: An advance preview of this episode aired as the first half of Zinkenstill Arc television film special on January 21, 2017.
|2||Departure||Kyōhei Terashima||Ayako Kurata||Ayako Kurata||Akira Takata||Jan 21, 2017|
| Gran dreams of his youth, remembering the words his father left in a letter - "I will be waiting at Estalucia, Island of the Astrals." He awakens to find Lyria at his bedside, happy to see him well after the incident with Pommern and the Hydra. Katalina and Lyria explain to Gran the situation he now finds himself in, and that he must now make the bold action to journey with them.
Note: An advance preview of this episode aired as the second half of Zinkenstill Arc television film special on January 21, 2017.
|3||Meet the Wind||Nao Takizawa||Toshimasa Ishii||Toshimasa Ishii||Ryōsuke Sekiguchi||Apr 15, 2017|
|Gran and his party depart Zinkenstill for their goal, the Island of Astrals. However, Katalina crash lands the small airship on a nearby island, Eingana Island. A man named Rackam happens to witness their totaled aircraft. The townspeople consider Rackam an oddball for the way he’s always working on repairing a certain airship that has no chance of ever flying again...|
|4||A Helmsman's Resolve||Nao Takizawa||Masayuki Kojima||Masahiko Matsunaga||Keiko Watanabe||Apr 22, 2017|
|Gran and company are under fire and trapped by Imperial Army General Furias, who intends to recapture Lyria. However, Rackam, the helmsman, gives them a way out. They propose hiring him as a helmsman to get them off the island, but he refuses and tells them he doesn’t want to fly unless it’s with the Grandcypher, the old airship that has captivated him since he was young.|
|5||The Storm Guardian||Nao Takizawa||Takahiro Miura||Takahashi Hidetoshi|| Yū Shindō
|Apr 29, 2017|
|Thanks to his skill as a helmsman, Rackam navigates the Grandcypher to the mass of dark clouds, where Tiamat is waiting for them. Gran and his comrades must face this great primal beast to save the Port Breeze Archipelago and its guardian deity.|
|6||The Veil is Lifted||Chiaki Nagai||Hidekazu Hara||Hidekazu Hara|| Iori Nonoshita
|May 06, 2017|
|Gran and company set off for the Valtz Duchy. Siero introduces them to a Valtz Duchy “special operator,” who asks them to search for the missing Archduke Tzaka, the most powerful person in Valtz. They take the job and begin investigating right away, but someone is following them...|
|7||The Iron Giant|| Nao Takizawa
|Toshimasa Ishii||Yoshinari Saitō||May 13, 2017|
|Gran and company move on to a secret factory in pursuit of a clue to the missing Archduke Tzaka. Lyria says she hears a voice calling out to her and leads the group to the deepest recesses of the location, where the archduke and an iron giant await.|
|8||A Pair Apart||Kyōhei Terashima||Kiyotaka Ōhata||Takashi Andō|| Kazuhiro Miwa
|May 20, 2017|
|Gran and company visit another island for supplies, and take on an archaeological exploration job for Siero. The group reaches the ruin’s entrance, but a series of events causes them to split up into two groups. Cut off from each other, they move forward in order to meet up again, and encounter the treasure hunters Mary and Karva along the way|
|9||Horizon in the Clouds||Nao Takizawa||Yukiko Imai||Yukiko Imai||Komatsu Asami||May 27, 2017|
|The group makes their way to the Auguste Isles, an island holding an entire ocean. While examining a mysterious substance, Rackam runs into an old friend who leads them to the capital city of Mizarea. There, the group splits up to tend to smaller tasks, while Gran and Lyria venture off to see the sights.|
|10||Separation||Nao Takizawa||Mamoru Kanbe||Kazuki Horiguchi||Yuki Imoto||June 03, 2017|
|The Auguste Isles are taking fire from the Erste Empire’s attack. Gran pursues the abducted Lyria, rushing towards the airship landing site, where the empire’s warships have appeared. Meanwhile, Pommern makes off with Lyria, but just then, a primal beast, Leviathan, rises from the sea, along with a gigantic column of water.|
|11||Lyria's Wish||June 10, 2017|
|Gran and company visit the Lumacie Isles in order to wake up the comatose Lyria. Rosetta leads them to a giant tree nestled deep in a forest. She summons Yggdrasil, the primal beast that protects Lumacie, and explains that with her help Gran can enter Lyria’s consciousness.|
|12||Showdown on the High Seas||June 17, 2017|
|Gran and company return to Auguste Isles only to find out that monsters and Leviathan are rampaging through the city. Lyria convinces Eugen to save Leviathan. While many familiar faces defend the city and fight their ways through hordes of monsters the crew is determined to take Leviathan face on and end its suffering.|
|13 (EX1)||Another Sky||June 24, 2017|
|Djeeta is a girl who lives on the remote island of Zinkenstill. After meeting Lyria, who is on the run from the Erste Empire, they leave on a journey into the sky, as if guided by destiny. Their next destination is Auguste, where Sierokarte runs a beach bar...|
- Original Work, Series Organizer, Music Production: Cygames
- Original Character Designer: Hideo Minaba
- Anime Character Designer: Toshifumi Akai
- Series Director: Ayako Kurata
- Director: Yuuki Itō
- Chief Animation Director: Akira Takata, Mami Komatsu, Yuki Imoto
- OP Storyboard, OP Unit Director: Masashi Ishihama
- ED Unit Director: Akira Takata
- Music Director: Nobuo Uematsu (Dog Ear Records)
- Music Composition: Nobuo Uematsu (Dog Ear Records), Tsutomu Narita (Cymusic), Yasunori Nishiki
- Sound Director: Ryō Tanaka, Yoichi Hayakawa
- Art Director: Masatoshi Kai (Studio KAIMU)
- Art Design: Kazushi Fujii, Shiho Takeuchi
- 3D Director: Shūji Shinoda (Buemon)
- Director of Photography: Yoshihiro Sekiya (Graphinica)
- 2D Works: Saya Utsumi (Graphinica)
- Color Designer: Nakashima Kazuko
- Editing: Akinori Mishima (Graphinica)
- Effects Animation Director: Takashi Hashimoto
- Prop Design: Akira Takata
- Special Effects: Saya Utsumi (Graphinica)
- Animation Production: A-1 Pictures
- Presented By: Granblue Fantasy The Animation Committee, Aniplex, Cygames
- Official Website (English)
- Official Facebook (English)
- Official Twitter (English)
- Official Website (Japanese)
- Official Twitter (Japanese)
- Anime News Network - Granblue Fantasy The Animation TV Anime Series Premieres in January
- Crunchyroll - "Granblue Fantasy The Animation" TV Anime Debuts in January