Shiny Slime Search!
Seems like these Slime creatures make their homes in pots they find layin' around. Some of 'em settle down in pretty fancy jars and start takin' a shine to, well, shiny things. You know, like rupies.
Shiny Slime Search! is a Special Quest that is notable for its high RP/EXP yield. It is available every day and has boosted spawn rates for King Slimes on Saturday and Sunday.
- King Slimes do not appear in the Normal difficulty and are not affected by effects that boost rare foe encounters, such as Belle Sylphid's aura.
- The Very Hard quest consists of two waves:
- The first wave is three random normal, Silver, or Goldslimes. Normal Slimes are the most common.
- The second wave can be a King Goldslime, a King Silverslime, a Slime Swarm, or three random Silver or Goldslimes.
- RP/EXP gain can be maximized by combining crew buffs, journey drop buffs, and summon auras with boosted RP/EXP events.
- Silver and Goldslimes have extremely high defense. Plain damage, summon calls, charge attacks, and chain bursts can be used to effectively deal damage.
- The Slime Swarm does not have any increased defense, but has significantly higher HP than other Slimes have. It should be taken into consideration when arranging a party.
- Threo's can deal enough plain damage to defeat the Slime Swarm as well, making her an efficient choice to quickly clear the second wave.
- The Slime Swarm is also vulnerable to .
|Silverslime||500||1000||850||100||High defense against regular attacks and skill damage. Recommended to use plain damage, summon callsExcept for ones that deal skill damage, charge attacks, or chain bursts.|
|Goldslime||600||500||350||500||Same as Silverslime.|
|Slime Swarm||800,000||3000||1000||0||High health but no increased defense. Drops Flawless and Rainbow Prisms, and has a chance to drop a Half Elixir.|
|King Silverslime||5,000||10000||3000||1000||Same as Silverslime.|
|King Goldslime||5,000||5000||1200||10000|| Same as Silverslime.|
One of its charge attacks, "This is for Drew", deals 9,000,000 Light damage to all allies and reduces its own HP to 1.
King Goldslime's unique Charge Attack is called "This is for Drew" in reference to Drowsy Drew, the big slime in the co-op Hard stage 3-1: In a Dusk Dream. Drowsy Drew is commonly hunted by players for fast EXP so the reference is likely a declaration of vengeance for the continued beatings Drew is subjected to every day.
|Basic Treasure Quests|
|Scarlet Trial • Cerulean Trial • Violet Trial • Six-Dragon Trial|
|Elemental Treasure Quests|
|The Hellfire Trial • The Deluge Trial • The Wasteland Trial • The Typhoon Trial • The Aurora Trial • The Oblivion Trial|
|Ifrit Showdown • Cocytus Showdown • Vohu Manah Showdown • Sagittarius Showdown • Corow Showdown • Diablo Showdown|
|Angel Halo • Shiny Slime Search! • Primarch Trials|