Shiny Slime Search!
Seems like these Slime creatures make their homes in pots they find layin' around. Some of 'em settle down in pretty fancy jars and start takin' a shine to, well, shiny things. You know, like rupies.
Shiny Slime Search! is a Special Quest that is notable for its high RP/EXP yield. It is available every day and has boosted spawn rates for King Slimes on Saturday and Sunday.
- King Slimes do not appear in the Normal difficulty and are not affected by effects that boost rare foe encounters, such as Belle Sylphid's aura.
- The Very Hard quest consists of two waves:
- The first wave is three random normal, Silver, or Goldslimes. Normal Slimes are the most common.
- The second wave can be a King Goldslime, a King Silverslime, a Slime Swarm, or three random Silver or Goldslimes.
- RP/EXP gain can be maximized by combining crew buffs, journey drop buffs, and summon auras with boosted RP/EXP events.
- Silver and Goldslimes have extremely high defense. Plain damage, summon calls, charge attacks, and chain bursts can be used to effectively deal damage.
- The Slime Swarm does not have any increased defense, but has significantly higher HP than other Slimes have. It should be taken into consideration when arranging a party.
- Threo's can deal enough plain damage to defeat the Slime Swarm as well, making her an efficient choice to quickly clear the second wave.
- The Slime Swarm is also vulnerable to .
|Silverslime||Dark||500||1000||850||100||High defense. Use plain damage, summon calls, charge attacks, or chain bursts.|
|Goldslime||Light||600||500||350||500||High defense. Use plain damage, summon calls, charge attacks, or chain bursts.|
|Slime Swarm||Water||800,000||3000||1000||0||High health but no increased defense. Drops Flawless and Rainbow Prisms, and has a chance to drop a Half Elixir.|
|King Silverslime||Dark||5,000||10000||3000||1000||High defense. Use plain damage, summon calls, charge attacks, or chain bursts.|
|King Goldslime||Light||5,000||5000||1200||10000||High defense. One of its charge attacks, "This is for Drew", deals 9,000,000 Light damage to all allies and reduces its own HP to 1.|
King Goldslime's unique Charge Attack is called "This is for Drew" in reference to Drowsy Drew, the big slime in the co-op Hard stage 3-1: In a Dusk Dream. Drowsy Drew is commonly hunted by players for fast EXP so the reference is likely a declaration of vengeance for the continued beatings Drew is subjected to every day.
|Basic Treasure Quests|
|Scarlet Trial • Cerulean Trial • Violet Trial • Six-Dragon Trial|
|Elemental Treasure Quests|
|The Hellfire Trial • The Deluge Trial • The Wasteland Trial • The Typhoon Trial • The Aurora Trial • The Oblivion Trial|
|Ifrit Showdown • Cocytus Showdown • Vohu Manah Showdown • Sagittarius Showdown • Corow Showdown • Diablo Showdown|
|Angel Halo • Shiny Slime Search! • Primarch Trials|