Google Mail accounts are highly recommended for rerolling. This is because Gmail accounts can use salts, which basically allows you to use the same e-mail multiple times for registration. To use a salted e-mail, you add a +string between the name and the @gmail portion of your e-mail address. For example, if your Gmail account name was firstname.lastname@example.org, a salted e-mail would be email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org, and so forth. The string behind the + symbol can be any letters or numbers of any length, but, to easily keep track of rerolled accounts, we recommend using numbers. Any e-mails sent to a salted e-mail will be redirected to the email without the salt used, so in the previous example, any mail sent to any version of the email address would all be sent to email@example.com.
NOTE: Mobage sends a lot of e-mail spam, so you may want to avoid using a primary e-mail address for your Granblue Fantasy account.
Setting Up Chrome
This tutorial assumes you are using the Google Chrome browser for rerolling, as it is the easiest method to use.
- Open a Google Chrome window in Incognito mode using Ctrl+Shift+N. This saves a lot of time clearing cookies between rerolls.
Creating An Account
- Last updated: August 17, 2017
The date you create your account is actually important. This is because the Beginner's Draw Set offer available to new accounts will remember the characters available at the time the account was created. For example, an account created during a Premium Gala/Legend Festival can buy any exclusive story character SSR with this offer.
- Visit http://game.granbluefantasy.jp/ while in Incognito mode. You will be taken to the title screen.
- Set the language to English and click Save Changes. Your game client language should now be set to English.
- Click the New Game button.
- The opening cutscenes and tutorial begins immediately after entering your name. See the Skipping The Tutorial section for information on how to quickly skip this.
- After the tutorial, a screen will ask you to choose a service to link with your Granblue Fantasy account. Click mobage.
- The takes you to the login/registration screen which is in Japanese. The text box labeled メールアドレスで会員登録 is where you want to input your salted gmail address. Then click the green button or hit Enter.
- Check your registered e-mail and enter the 4-digit verification code in the following screen.
- The next screen is in Japanese which you can use Google Translate to navigate. It asks for the following information (from top to bottom)
- Mobage display name (this will not be your in-game display name)
- Re-type password
- Gender (Can't be changed after registration)
- Birth date (year, month, day)
- Checkbox 1: Publicly display your birth date (optional)
- Checkbox 2: Receive advertisements from mobage (optional)
- Enter in your information, then click the green button. If successful, you'll be taken to another screen with a green button which will let you obtain your first Beginner's Daily Bonus item, .
Birth date is importantDue to Japanese law, accounts with birth dates under the age of 20 have a monthly in-app purchase limit of 10,000
A warning about "guest" accounts
If you start an account through the mobile app (Android or iOS), you have an option to play as a "guest" account (officially called a "Mobage basic account") which lets you skip the registration process and instead associate your account to your device. If you do not connect a mobage account or social media account (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, etc.) to your Granblue account, you risk permanently losing your Granblue account if you factory reset, lose your device, or uninstall the game app. You also cannot log into your Granblue account through the browser or other devices until a mobage account or social media account is connected.
Skipping The Tutorial
First, it is strongly advised to play through the tutorial at least once. This tutorial is useful because it visually guides you through which buttons to press to do things like attack, use skills, equip weapons, and auto-select your weapon pool with optimal stats. The whole tutorial does take a while, but you can skip it on later rerolls to save time on the following steps.
- When the introduction video starts, you will notice the URL in your address bar ends in #tutorial/3.
- Increment the number at the end of the URL bar by 1, so it ends in #tutorial/4, and press Enter to advance to the next step in the tutorial.
- Repeat this process 1 by 1 except for #tutorial/6 and #tutorial/12 where you have to let the scene load then click Skip in the lower left.
- After pressing the skip button on #tutorial/12 you're moved to #tutorial/14. From here, skip directly to #tutorial/32.
- This will kick you back to the Home screen. Click Start and the game will automatically load you at #tutorial/30.
- Click Skip in the lower left twice, then you will be taken to the link account screen. See step #5 in Creating An Account above.
Note that the tutorial draw is rigged to always give nine N-rarity items and Walder.
There are twos and two JDA Magazine serial code tickets to gather per account. s have better yield and are less time-consuming to acquire, while JDA Magazine codes require entering serial codes and they draw from a fixed pool of prizes that are not affected by draw rate boosts.
- All new accounts may do one free Premium 10-Part Draw. Click the Draw button on your home page and scroll down until you see the free 10-pull button.
- This first Draw is rigged to always give you 1 SSR and 9 R/SR.
- When you reach the My Page screen for the first time, you will be first taken through the Login Rewards. The first login reward is a .
- From the actual My Page screen, click the arrow on the right side of the screen to visit the Town area. Click each gold sparkle on the map to receive some items. After all 4 sparkles turn silver, visit the sparkles again in this order: top, left, right, middle. This gets you an extra Premium Draw Ticket.
- If nothing happens after visiting the sparkles in that order, refresh the page and try again.
- Completing the "Upgrade a Character" Pinboard Mission rewards a Max Level Ticket. Just feed a weapon to a character to complete the mission.
- Press the Top/News button in the top left to be taken to the Game Start button page. Scroll down on this page until you see a banner labeled シリアルコード入力. Click that banner and enter the following two serial codes for JDA Magazine tickets:
- Return to the My Page screen by clicking on Home or My Page.
- Click the present box icon in the middle of the page. Accept all of the draw tickets.
- Click the Menu button again, click Draw at the top to get to the Draw screen.
- On this Draw screen, you will see a scrolling banner listing detailed information about currently boosted prizes, a section showing examples of what is contained in the draw pool, a section for 10-part rolls where at least one SR+ is guaranteed, and a section for 1x rolls where the first roll each day is discounted from 300 to 90 MobaCoins.
- In the Premium Draw (Single) section, use both of your tickets with the blue button.
- When you draw in GranBlue Fantasy, the color of the crystal tells what you're about to roll:
- Blue: Rare (R), the lowest rarity you can get from Premium Draw. Can be either a weapon or a summon. Summons are pictured inside crystals. Standard rate is 82%.
- Blue (with rainbow tip): Rare character weapon. The weapon you get here will come with an R character.
- Amber: SR or better. It is still possible to get an SSR from this crystal if the shard that flies out is rainbow. Standard rate is 15%.
- Rainbow: SSR guaranteed. Standard rate is 3%, but doubles to 6% during Premium Galas.
- For any shard, if the background turns to night, that means it's a character weapon.
- When you draw in GranBlue Fantasy, the color of the crystal tells what you're about to roll:
- To roll the JDA Magazine and Max Level tickets, click the Rupie/Other tab on the top right of the Draw page. There will be a section for ticket rolls at the bottom.
IP Account Registration Limits
If you receive an error after entering in your email address (will say リクエストパラメータに誤りがあります), your IP may have been temporarily blocked from creating new accounts. The block only seems to take place on the page where you enter your email address, so it's possible to enable a proxy, enter an email and click confirm, and then disable the proxy and continue the registration/rolling process.
What To Keep
Obviously, keep any accounts that obtain characters you like. Very few characters in the game are outright bad, and it is simply a question of whether you are aiming for power over favoritism. Aiming to get an SSR of any kind is useful to start because of their high raw stats and rarity, and using the reroll opportunity to obtain one is the basic goal of rerolling in the first place.
For a brief character rating and overview, visit the Character Tier List page.
When rerolling in Granblue Fantasy, it is important to understand that certain characters and summons are exclusive to a certain time frame, and some characters and summons cannot be purchased with a Surprise Ticket or Beginner's Draw Set. Some of these exclusives are extremely powerful for a new account and may be worth keeping even if they are not a character you want.
- Any seasonal character. Currently there are seasonal characters exclusive to summer, Halloween, Christmas and Valentine.
- Any Premium Gala and Flash Gala-exclusive character.
- Any Premium Non-ticketable summons, especially , , , , , and due to their aura and call effects.
Other than that, it is recommended to keep all accounts with SSR characters and summons, as you can continue to build those accounts with more free rolls and Crystals distributed during events.
Because of the low rates for SSR draws from 2-4 rolls, it is common to end up with nothing but R draws. Don't lose heart as this process can be streamlined and rerolls can be done very quickly once you get used to it. Depending on what you got, you have two options:
- If you don't get a character you want, just close the Incognito window and open a new one to start over. This saves you from having to log out and clear cookies to start over.
- If you do get a character you want, remember the salted email you used to created that account. Visit http://game.granbluefantasy.jp/ in a non-Incognito window, and instead of clicking the gray button at the bottom of the login screen, enter your salted email in the top field, password in the middle field, and solve the captcha in the bottom field, then click the green button to log in and start the game with cookies saved. Now, any time you visit a URL for the game, you will navigate to it through the account you logged into.
In order to reroll on Chrome App, you will have to uninstall and reinstall the app to clear your login data. Reinstalling the app and launching it will take you back to the account login page to restart the process.
If for some reason you have logged into the game with the wrong account, or want to change accounts, either delete all cookies from mbga.jp or simply visit https://ssl.sp.mbga.jp/_logout to log out of your current account.