Gmail accounts are highly recommended for rerolling because they can use salts, which basically allows you to use the same e-mail multiple times for registration.
To use a salted e-mail, you add a +string between the name and the @gmail portion of your e-mail address. For example, if your Gmail account name was firstname.lastname@example.org, a salted e-mail would be email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org, and so forth. The string behind the + symbol can be any letters or numbers of any length, but, to easily keep track of rerolled accounts, we recommend using numbers. Any e-mails sent to a salted e-mail will be redirected to the email without the salt used, so in the previous example, any mail sent to any version of the email address would all be sent to email@example.com.
NOTE: Mobage sends a lot of e-mail spam, so you may want to avoid using a primary e-mail address for your Granblue Fantasy account. You can unsubscribe from emails, but it requires logging into Mobage from a mobile device (or forcing your browser to emulate a mobile device via Developer's Tools). See this for details.
Setting Up Chrome
This tutorial assumes you are using Google Chrome (or another Chromium-based browser) for rerolling, as it is the easiest method to use.
- Open a Google Chrome window in Incognito mode using Ctrl+Shift+N. This saves a lot of time clearing cookies between rerolls.
Creating An Account
- Last updated: October 17, 2019
The date you create your account is important for the Beginner's Draw Set offer. The characters available on the draw set is based the characters available on the banner at the time the account was created. For example, an account created during Premium Gala can buy any Grand or Zodiac character with this offer.
- Visit http://game.granbluefantasy.jp/ to be taken to the title screen.
- Under Game Settings, click on the dropdown menu and select English.
- Click the New Game button.
- The opening cutscenes and tutorial begins immediately after entering your name. See the Skipping The Tutorial section for information on how to quickly skip this.
- After the tutorial, a screen will ask you to choose a service to link with your Granblue Fantasy account. Click mobage.
- The takes you to the login/registration screen which is in Japanese. The text box labeled メールアドレスで会員登録 is where you want to input your salted gmail address. Then click the green button or hit Enter.
- Check your registered e-mail and enter the 4-digit verification code in the following screen.
- The next screen is in Japanese which you can use Google Translate to navigate. It asks for the following information (from top to bottom)
- Mobage display name (this will not be your in-game display name)
- Re-type password
- Gender (Can't be changed after registration)
- Birth date (year, month, day)
- Checkbox 1: Publicly display your birth date (optional)
- Checkbox 2: Receive advertisements from mobage (optional)
- Enter in your information, then click the green button. If successful, you'll be taken to another screen with a green button which will let you obtain your first Beginner's Daily Bonus item, .
Birth date is important
Due to Japanese law, accounts with birth dates under the age of 20 have a monthly in-app purchase limit of 10,000 JPYJapanese yen. If you plan on spending more than 10,000 JPY per month, make sure you enter a birth date of at least 20 years. You cannot change your birth date once you submit it.
A warning about "guest" accounts
If you start an account through the mobile app (Android or iOS), you have an option to play as a "guest" account (officially called a "Mobage basic account") which lets you skip the registration process and instead associate your account to your device. If you do not connect a mobage account or social media account (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, etc.) to your Granblue account, you risk permanently losing your Granblue account if you factory reset, lose your device, or uninstall the game app. You also cannot log into your Granblue account through the browser or other devices until a mobage account or social media account is connected.
Skipping The Tutorial
First, it is strongly advised to play through the tutorial at least once. This tutorial is useful because it visually guides you through which buttons to press to do things like attack, use skills, equip weapons, and auto-select your weapon pool with optimal stats. The whole tutorial does take a while, but you can skip it on later rerolls to save time on the following steps.
- When the introduction video starts, you will notice the URL in your address bar ends in #tutorial/3.
- Increment the number at the end of the URL bar by 1, so it ends in #tutorial/4, and press Enter to advance to the next step in the tutorial.
- Repeat this process 1 by 1 until #tutorial/6; you need to let the scene load, then click Skip to the lower left.
- At #tutorial/9, change the URL directly to #tutorial/12.
- Press Skip on #tutorial/12 to go to #tutorial/14. (Do not try going to #tutorial/13.) From here, skip directly to #tutorial/32.
- This will bring you to the Link screen. Do not try to link an account here. Press Cancel to return to the title screen, then click Start and the game will automatically load you at #tutorial/30. (It is not possible to skip directly to #tutorial/30 through URL manipulation.)
- Click Skip in the lower left twice, then you will be (properly) taken to the Link screen. See step #5 in Creating An Account above.
Note that the tutorial draw is rigged to always give nine N-rarity items and Walder.
There are twos and two JDA Magazine serial code tickets to gather per account. s have better yield and are less time-consuming to acquire, while JDA Magazine codes require entering serial codes and they draw from a fixed pool of prizes that are not affected by draw rate boosts.
- All new accounts receive one free Premium 10-Part Draw a day for a week. Click the Draw button on your home page and scroll down until you see the free 10-pull button.
- This first Draw is rigged to always give you 1 SSR and 9 R/SR.
- The SSR will be one of the following characters: , , , , or .
- Free Draws on subsequent days are regular Premium 10-Part Draws.
- When you reach the Home screen for the first time, you will be first taken through the Login Rewards. The first login reward is a .
- From the Home Page, click the arrow on the right side of the screen to visit the Town area. Click each gold sparkle on the map to receive some items. After all 4 sparkles turn silver, refresh the page, then visit the sparkles again in this order: top, left, right, middle. This gets you an extra Premium Draw Ticket.
- Completing the "Upgrade a Character" Pinboard Mission rewards a Max Level Ticket. Just feed a weapon to a character to complete the mission.
- On the Home Page, press the Top/News button in the top left to be taken to the title screen. Scroll down on this page until you see a button labeled Serial Codes. Click that banner and enter the following two serial codes for JDA Magazine tickets:
- Return to the Home screen, then click the present box icon (your Crate) in the middle of the page. Accept all of the draw tickets.
- Click the Menu button again and click Draw.
- On this Draw screen, you will see a scrolling banner listing detailed information about featured characters, a section showing examples of what is contained in the draw pool, a section for the Premium 10-Part Draw, and lastly, a section for (single) Premium Draw.
- In the Premium Draw (Single) section, use both of your Premium Draw Tickets.
- When you draw, the color of the crystal tells what you're about to roll:
- Blue: Rare (R), the lowest rarity you can get from Premium Draw. Can be either a weapon or a summon. Summons are pictured inside crystals. Standard rate is 82%.
- Blue (with rainbow tip): Rare character weapon. The weapon you get here will come with an R character.
- Amber: SR or better. It is still possible to get an SSR from this crystal if the shard that flies out is rainbow. Standard rate is 15%.
- Rainbow: SSR guaranteed. Standard rate is 3%, but doubles to 6% during Galas.
- For any shard, if the background turns to night, that means it's a character weapon.
- When you draw, the color of the crystal tells what you're about to roll:
- To roll the JDA Magazine and Max Level tickets, click the Ticket/Other tab on the top right of the Draw page. There will be a section for ticket rolls at the bottom.
IP Account Registration Limits
If you receive an error after entering in your email address (will say リクエストパラメータに誤りがあります), your IP may have been temporarily blocked from creating new accounts. This will ALWAYS happen after creating 10 accounts from the exact same IP address within a single daily reset period. The block only seems to take place on the page where you enter your email address, so it's possible to enable a proxy, enter an email and click confirm, and then disable the proxy and continue the registration/rolling process.
What To Keep
Obviously, keep any accounts that obtain characters you like. Very few characters in the game are outright bad, and it is simply a question of whether you are aiming for power over favoritism. Aiming to get an SSR of any kind is useful to start because of their high raw stats and rarity, and using the reroll opportunity to obtain one is the basic goal of rerolling in the first place.
For a brief character rating and overview, visit the Character Tier List page.
When rerolling in Granblue Fantasy, it is important to understand that certain characters and summons are exclusive to a certain time frame, and some characters and summons cannot be purchased with a Surprise Ticket or Beginner's Draw Set. Some of these exclusives are extremely powerful for a new account and may be worth keeping even if they are not a character you want.
- Any seasonal character. Currently there are seasonal characters exclusive to summer, Halloween, Christmas and Valentine.
- Any Premium Gala and Flash Gala-exclusive character.
- Any Premium Non-ticketable summons, especially , , , , , , , , , , and due to their aura and call effects.
Other than that, it is recommended to keep all accounts with SSR characters and summons, as you can continue to build those accounts with more free rolls and Crystals distributed during events.
Because of the low rates for SSR draws from 2-4 rolls, it is common to end up with nothing but R draws. Don't lose heart as this process can be streamlined and rerolls can be done very quickly once you get used to it. Depending on what you got, you have two options:
- If you don't get a character you want, just close the Incognito window and open a new one to start over. This saves you from having to log out and clear cookies to start over.
- If you do get a character you want, remember the salted email you used to created that account. In a non-Incognito window, login using the orange Continue button on the left side of the title screen. Select mobage, enter your salted email in the top field, password in the middle field, and click on the green Login button below it. (You may need to solve a captcha, but it will have English instructions.) Now, any time you visit a URL for the game, you will navigate to it through the account you logged into.
If for some reason you have logged into the game with the wrong account, or want to change accounts, either delete all cookies from mbga.jp or simply visit https://ssl.sp.mbga.jp/_logout to log out of your current account.