|Macula Marius||9.2This character's rating from GameWith out of 10||9This character's rating from Kamigame out of 10. This rating is intended for advanced players. 🔰 4This character's beginner rating from Kamigame out of 5. This rating is intended for beginners and is a separate evaluation from the advanced player rating.|
Macula Marius is a crowd controller—someone who inhibits enemies' actions and thins down their numbers. She inflicts , , and on all foes, and her AoE damage skill is auto-activated when an enemy is afflicted by from her charge attack. Once she has 5 , which she provides for herself through her AoE skill, she can double-cast her skill, buying some time to prepare for a dangerous special attack.
At the same time, Marius' personal damage is only average without additional support, and her boost to Water allies' skill damage/cap takes effect even as a sub ally. As a result, as a front-line party member, she is better-suited for long and/or difficult content where her crowd control becomes useful.
- Good in battles against multiple enemies or when the enemy's special attack should be avoided as much as possible.
- Deals lots of skill damage via 's auto-activations and 's double-casts.
- Self-reliant for stacks.
- provides a party-wide heal and inflicts , which auto-activates at the end of the turn and the turn after.
- Self-supportive for charge bar gain thanks to Froststar Gale's per cast.
- Can inflict 's double-casts. twice through
- lowers Fire damage taken by all allies, increasing survivability in longer battles.
- works as a sub ally, making her useful in Crest parties without taking up a main ally slot.
- Average damage output and ramp-up time for Deluge Crest stacks makes her less ideal for short content.
- 7-turn cooldown on is relatively long and makes double near-necessary.
- Relies on a Crest-based team to maximize her potential.
- Does not supply party-wide Deluge Crests for .
How to Play
- is the cornerstone of Marius' kit. On its own, it's extremely straightforward; the only time you wouldn't use it is when you would waste its effect. (Even then, the skill's auto-activations make the "loss" negligible for most players.)
- , inflicted by her charge attack, auto-activates Froststar Gale if an enemy is afflicted by it at the start of the attack phase. This creates a feedback loop where her charge attack helps her use her charge attack faster, which may be helpful for players with fewer sources of multiattack (charge bar generation).
- Even if the enemy afflicted by Crystallize is defeated before it expires, Froststar Gale will still activate.
- Each Deluge Crest stack increases Froststar Gale's damage as well thanks to , helping her deal more damage over time.
- Ideally, Marius can reach 5 Crest stacks before using . In reality, without a dedicated Crest party, most enemies won't wait around that long. You may need to judge whether you want to use the single Delay now and wait for the 7-turn cooldown, or if you want to take the hit now and get to 5 Crest stacks before using it.
- inflicts three useful debuffs on all foes. in particular, together with double Delay, effectively buys 3 extra turns before the enemy reuses their Charge Attack.
Because Marius can easily generate charge bar, she is better placed in earlier party slots so she can give party members after her a 10% charge boost every time she uses her charge attack.
In Crest parties, she makes a fine sub ally if other characters have better synergy as main allies.
- Marius' self-sufficient nature means she really only wants multiattack buffs and damage/debuff mitigation, making her easy to slot into teams.
- Because Marius provides a lot of skill-based damage, which is the easiest damage source to reach cap, Skill DMG Cap-boosting weapons work well with her.
- Alternate sources of are needed to use her optimally.
- Monk: A Staff-wielding class built around auto-activated skill damage, Monk synergizes extremely well with Marius.
- allows MC to serve as a pseudo-tank: guarantees that enemies will target MC, and lowers damage taken. With Marius' passive Fire DMG Reduction and her healing abilities, the two can sustain the party through longer battles.
- The Dark Opus Staff
(5★): The two work well in long battles with their healing, damage mitigation, and Crest synergy. Both have Fire DMG Reduction EMP skills, which stack for a passive 9.75% reduction to incoming Fire damage (when both are at 3★).
- Marius' Primal race works with most other Water Staff characters for Lily's and (at Level 100), and boosts Lily's C.A. specs while Frozen Gale is on cooldown.
- Lily's reduces incoming damage and grants Deluge Crest to all allies. It also grants Lily , which auto-activates after an enemy .
- Note: In teams that rely on double-casting Europa/Europa (Summer). In most cases, Europa will take a main ally slot while Marius stays in the back, but this may vary. for debuffs/damage, Marius competes for a main ally slot with
- , even if she's in the backline. In addition, the charge attack gains additional effects based on the pendulums used. Some common pendulum recommendations:
or : Both weapons grant the party on charge attack for Marius'
- At level 120 (4★), most players use γ Revelation (boost to C.A. DMG Cap), which adds a effect, increasing Froststar Gale's charge boost to 12% and helping her charge attack even faster.
- At level 200 (5★), the Pendulum of Strength (Stamina skill) is usually picked, which adds a party-wide heal (Healing cap: 1500). A party with a Staff-wielding MC and Marius would certainly have little trouble keeping HP high!
Extended Mastery Perks
|Macula Marius||Stars: 15||EMP: 120|
|Last update: 2020-04-12|
Gamewith's recommended EMP build for Macula Marius.
PrioritiesBecause of Marius' 100% base accuracy on her debuffs, prioritizing other EMP nodes first is fine. First priorities should be Water ATK Up, Skill DMG Cap, C.A. DMG, and Healing. In higher-level content, you may wish to take her Debuff Success nodes as well.
|Macula Marius||Stars: 17||EMP: 153|
|Last update: 2020-06-18|
Kamigame's recommended EMP build for Macula Marius.