Macula Marius excels at crowd control. Her AoE skill is auto-cast when an enemy has her Charge Attack debuff, and she inflicts, , and on all foes. Once she's whittled down the enemy's numbers, she has a single-target damage skill with attached, which is double-cast if she has 5 —which she can provide for herself.
At the same time, her personal damage is only average. Her support skill that boosts all Water allies' Skill DMG specs based on theirstacks is effective even when she is a sub ally. As a result, as a front-line party member, she is better-suited for long and/or difficult content where her crowd control becomes useful.
- Good in battles against multiple enemies or when the enemy's C.A. should be avoided as much as possible.
- Self-reliant for stacks through her skills and C.A.
- provides a party-wide heal for sustain, and auto-activates while an enemy has .
- Consistent C.A. output thanks to Froststar Gale's per cast.
- is double-cast once she reaches 5 , including the effect.
- works as a sub ally, making her useful in Deluge Crest parties without taking up a front-line slot.
- Average damage output and ramp-up time for Deluge Crest stacks makes her less ideal for short content.
- 7-turn cooldown on is relatively long and makes double near-necessary.
- Does not supply party-wide Deluge Crests for .
How to Play
- is the cornerstone of Marius' kit. On its own, it's extremely straightforward; the only time you wouldn't use it is when you would waste its effect. (Even then, you may choose to use it if she isn't at maximum stacks.)
- , inflicted by her Charge Attack, casts Froststar Gale as long as an enemy was afflicted by it. Even if the afflicted enemy is defeated while Crystallize is active, Froststar Gale will still activate. She can gain up to 2 Deluge Crests and 20% Charge Bar after every C.A., a great boon for players who have no other source of it (and even for players that do). Each Deluge Crest stack increases Froststar Gale's damage as well, helping her deal more damage over time.
- In an ideal scenario, Marius would reach 5 Crest stacks before she needs to use . In reality, most enemies won't wait around that long, so you may need to judge whether you want to use the single Delay now and wait for the 7-turn cooldown, or if you want to take the hit now and get to 5 Crest stacks before using it.
- inflicts three useful debuffs on all foes. in particular, together with double Delay, effectively buys 3 extra turns before the enemy reuses their Charge Attack.
Because Marius boosts her charge bar through Froststar Gale and its auto-activations, she is better placed in earlier party slots (as a front-line member), providing party members after her with 10% charge bar every time she uses her C.A.
In parties that make use of Deluge Crests, she makes a fine addition to the back-line if there is better synergy among other front-line characters.
- Marius' self-sufficient nature means she really only wants multiattack buffs and damage/debuff mitigation, making her easy to slot into teams.
- Because Marius provides a lot of skill-based damage, which is the easiest damage source to reach cap, Skill DMG Cap-boosting weapons work well with her.
- Alternate sources of are needed to use her optimally.
- List of Water Staff characters for synergy.
- and (at Level 100), and boosts Lily's C.A. specs while Frozen Gale is on cooldown. Meanwhile, Lily provides party-wide Deluge Crest stacks every 8 turns, and reduces incoming damage and can handle most debuffs.
(5★): The two work well in long battles with their healing, damage mitigation, and crowd control. Marius' Primal race works with most other Water Staff characters for Lily's
- In teams relying on double-casting for debuffs/damage, Marius is anti-synergistic with / , who is also Primal. (In most cases, Europa will take a front-line slot while Marius stays in the back, but this may vary.)
- , even if she's in the backline. or : Both weapons grant the party a stack of on charge attack for Marius'
Extended Mastery Perks
|Macula Marius||Pts: 12|
|Last update: 2019-04-19|
Gamewith's recommended EMP build for Macula Marius.
PrioritiesBecause of Marius' 100% base accuracy on her debuffs, prioritizing other EMP nodes first is fine. First priorities should be Water ATK Up, Skill DMG Cap, C.A. DMG, and Healing. In higher-level content, you may wish to take her Debuff Success nodes as well. Because her EMP support skill has not yet been implemented, keeping your options open is also recommended.
|Macula Marius||Pts: 14|
|Last update: 2019-04-16|
Kamigame's recommended EMP build for Macula Marius.