|This page is a Strategy stub. Please help us expand it by contributing relevant data.|
See Meta:Manual of Style/Character Pages/Strategy for more info.
Magisa only shines after her 5★, as before that she is useful only for. Her 5★ upgrades grants a debuff equivalent to and guaranteed multiattacks, making her a great utility/attacker hybrid. Her kit natually synergizes with enmity grids. Because she doesn't need many button presses to maintain her self-buffs, she is a strong character for an auto-attack playstyle. She may not hit as hard as other Fire attackers, but she's more durable, has great utility, and brings the useful .
How to Play
- If the raid isn't debuffed, use all her skills at the start of battle. After that, attack and recast and when the debuffs run out. Recast on cooldown.
- If the raid is already debuffed with burn and . Magisa's nukes have relatively low damage caps in exchange for the utility they bring, so there's no need to press them on cooldown unless you're soloing. and there's no incoming debuff from the boss, press
- Eruption does NOT stack with . This means if you want to cap both ATK/DEF down you need and on the MC or other single-sided debuffs.
- Only release Sanction to finish off the enemy or when Magisa will die that turn. Its long downtime makes the nuke not worth using any other time.
- Before healing or using green potions on Magisa, multiply her current HP by 1.5 and consider if you would heal someone with that HP. In Morax mode, she has a permanent DEF boost which essentially reduces the damage she takes by around 30%.
- The support skill EMP is worth taking. At level 3, it gives Magisa near certainty of surviving her self-damage, and it is useful more often than at first glance.
- has a high hit rate on its burn, enabling 's bonus damage on turn 1. The Xeno Axe does have burn on charge attack, but its hit rate is rather low. This makes her a good partner for Berserker/Apsaras teams with Xeno Axe mainhand.
- Her 20% bonus damage after charge attack goes well with teams that want to charge attack often with the charge bar speed boost from Anila.
- stacks with 's call, making it a very slot-efficient way to cap ATK/DEF Down. This lets you field characters and MC skills that fit the fight without worrying about debuffs.
- If you are using Colossus Canes, healers such as Yuel and Zahlhamelina help her survive due to their healing. If you're a beginner who has to go off-element in raids, Magisa and Yuel make fights very safe with both a clear and a veil. Magisa also gets bonus stats from Canes due to her staff proficiency, so she will be doing more damage than most Fire characters.
- Magisa's full damage potential is unlocked with enmity grids consisting of for Omega or and for Primal. While Omega is dependant on Ultima weapons for grid DA/TA, she can still perform well thanks to her guaranteed multiattacks, criticals, unique attack mod, and self-enmity activation. It is not uncommon to give her the off-proficiency slot in case you're missing some characters.
- Due to the independent nature of her kit, raid boss matchup is perhaps a more relevant question than synergy. Some Wind bosses have very debilitating debuffs (e.g. Rose Queen's and Obedience, Tiamat Omega Impossible's Absolute Terror), and it's always a good idea to bring Magisa's to these fights. As it stands, her kit seems made to fight Tiamat Omega Impossible, as her normal attacks help break the two other heads while racking up honor three times faster than other characters.
Extended Mastery Perks
|Last update: 2018-10-12|
Gamewith's recommended EMP build for Magisa.
Magisa does not have many good perks, so prioritize Critical Up, HP, and her EM Skill to maximize her ability to keep active.
OptionsATK (Overdrive) and Skill DMG Cap are effective to improve Magisa's damage, especially with Morax active due to the skill damage component of her charge attack. Wind DMG Down is more effective than DEF due to the 100% DEF provided by Morax.
Over Mastery Bonuses
Debuff success rate is very effective for making more reliable as a substitute for , as well as her other debuffs. Skill DMG Cap and C.A. DMG Cap synergize well with her kit. Avoid DEF and Double Attack as they are covered by Morax.
- Reddit Character Discussion (2017-04-04)
- Reddit Character Discussion (2018-10-16) (post-September 2018 Rebalance)