Athena/Strategy

From Granblue Fantasy Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
  Game   Strategy   Lore   Voice    
Stamp66.png This page is a Strategy stub. Please help us expand it by contributing relevant data.
See Meta:Manual of Style/Character Pages/Strategy for more info.

Overview[edit | edit source]

Athena is a well rounded Defense character, able to both reduce foes' attacks effectiveness and mitigate damage taken by the party. She also brings a respectable amount of skill and charge attack damage, but doesn't perform particularly well with normal attack on her own.
Her high defensive ability makes her very useful in hard fights and Stamina-based weapon grid, but can make her a liability in more laid back fights when using an Enmity-based grid as she gets in the way of losing HP.

Strengths[edit | edit source]

  • Skill charge attack.png Minerva ThrustMassive Fire damage to a foe.
    All allies gain Status FireAtkUp.png15% Fire ATK UpFire ATK is boosted
    Strength: 15%Duration: 3.5 turnsApplied during the attack phase.
    On the next turn, it'll have 3 turns remaining.
    and Status Armored.png70% / 30% ArmoredChance of lowering DMG taken
    Strength: 70% chance of taking 30% less damage.Duration: 3.5 turnsApplied during the attack phase.
    On the next turn, it'll have 3 turns remaining.
    .
    provides relatively long duration Status FireAtkUp.png15% Fire ATK UpFire ATK is boosted
    Strength: 15%Duration: 3.5 turnsApplied during the attack phase.
    On the next turn, it'll have 3 turns remaining.
    and Status Armored.png70% / 30% ArmoredChance of lowering DMG taken
    Strength: 70% chance of taking 30% less damage.Duration: 3.5 turnsApplied during the attack phase.
    On the next turn, it'll have 3 turns remaining.
    to all allies, which can be maintained permanently with frequent enough charge attack.
  • Ability Shield of the Gods Aigis.png Shield of the Gods: AigisAll allies gain Status Wind Cut 40.png40% Wind CutWind DMG is cut 40%
    Duration: 1 turn Wind Damage Cut.
    , Status Wind Switch.pngWind SwitchElemental DMG from foes turns into wind DMG
    Duration: 3 turns
    , and Status Heal.pngRefreshHP is restored on every turn
    Strength: 10% of max HP (Healing cap: 400)Duration: 3 turns
    .
    , and in particular the Status Wind Switch.pngWind SwitchElemental DMG from foes turns into wind DMG
    Duration: 3 turns
    buff, is a powerful tool to have in hard raid which use multiple/random elements, like Akasha (Raid). Status Wind Cut 40.png40% Wind CutWind DMG is cut 40%
    Duration: 1 turn Wind Damage Cut.
    also allows to reach 100% Damage Cut when used with Ability Phalanx.png PhalanxAll parties gain Status Dmg Cut 50.png50% DMG CutTaking 50% less DMG

    Duration: 1 turns
    Damage Cut reducing damage taken.
    Warning! Does not work for Plain Damage!
    .
    or various other sources of damage cut.
  • Ability Tetradrachm.png Tetradrachm5-hit, 100% Fire damage to random foes (Damage cap: ~120,000 per hit).
    Inflict 10% Status DefenseDownStack.pngDEF Down (Stackable)DEF is lowered (Stackable)
    Strength: 10% (Max: 40%)Base Accuracy: 90%Duration: 180 seconds
    (Max: 40%) and Status Burned.pngBurnedHP is lowered on every turn
    Strength: 5000Base Accuracy: 90%Duration: 180 seconds
    on all foes.
    (Hit number increases based on Status Goddess's Wrath 1.pngGoddess's WrathTetradrachm's hit number increases based on Goddess's Wrath lvl (Max: 5 / Can't be removed)
    lvl / Max: 10)
    can deal massive amount of damage due to Icon Support Skill.png Goddess of the ShieldStatus Goddess's Wrath 1.pngGoddess's WrathTetradrachm's hit number increases based on Goddess's Wrath lvl (Max: 5 / Can't be removed)
    lvl rises by 1 upon being targeted by a foe (Max: 5).
    Tetradrachm's hit number increases by 1.
    (Tetradrachm activates upon being targeted by a foe when Goddess's Wrath lvl is 5.)
    .
    • Status Burned.pngBurnedHP is lowered on every turn
      Strength: 5000Base Accuracy: 90%Duration: 180 seconds
      helps Athena activate Icon Support Skill.png Searing Crimson30% boost to C.A. DMG and 10% boost to C.A. DMG cap against foes with Status Burned.pngBurnedHP is lowered on every turn
      effect.
      by herself.
    • While it needs some time to reach full effectiveness, Status DefenseDownStack.pngDEF Down (Stackable)DEF is lowered (Stackable)
      Strength: 10% (Max: 40%)Base Accuracy: 90%Duration: 180 seconds
      means she can almost cap DEF Down by herself. It also allows her to ignore the resistance of some foes to regular Status DefenseDown.png DEF DownDEF is lowered
      , particularly in some hard raids.
    • Due to Goddess of the Shield, those debuffs can be maintained pseudo-permanently, and quickly reapplied if a foe clears its debuffs.
  • Ability Glare of Glafkos.png Glare of GlafkosInflict Status DoubleDown.pngDA DownDouble attack rate is lowered
    Base Accuracy: 85%Duration: 180 seconds
    , Status Blind.pngBlindedAttacks have a slight chance to miss
    Base Accuracy: 90%Duration: 180 seconds
    , and Status Gravity.pngDelayReduce a foe's charge diamonds by 1
    Base Accuracy: 100%
    on all foes.
    brings a bundle of accurate defensive debuffs on a relatively low cooldown.
  • Being a Primal Character, she's affected by any Bahamut Weapons.
  • She shares her Spear Specialty with some of the best Fire characters, and also has good synergy with them.

Weaknesses[edit | edit source]

  • Shield of the Gods: Aigis, and its Status Wind Cut 40.png40% Wind CutWind DMG is cut 40%
    Duration: 1 turn Wind Damage Cut.
    , is not enough to reach 100% Damage Cut with Summon s 2030016000.jpg Peridot Carbuncle.
  • Athena doesn't have any reliable way to ensure she's regularly targeted by foes to activate Goddess of the Shield, making it fairly inconsistent, particularly in short fights.
    • While she only needs to be targeted, a foe's ability to do so can be highly impaired by debuffs such as Status Charm.pngCharmedAttacks are slightly limited
      or Status Paralysis.pngParalyzedCan't attack
      , or an ally with high Hostility or Status Substitute.pngSubstituteReceives foe attack in place of an ally
      (Excludes all-foe all-ally attacks)
      .
  • The strongest Spear Specialty Fire characters, with whom she synergize the best, are also Limited characters, making team centered around them difficult to access for newer players.

How to Play[edit | edit source]

Synergy[edit | edit source]

Extended Mastery Perks[edit | edit source]

Athena Pts: 7
ZenithAtk.pngATK
★☆☆★★☆★★★
+500+800+1000
ZenithDef.pngDEF
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithDef.pngDEF
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithHP.pngHP
★☆☆★★☆★★★
250500750
ZenithWindDmgDown.pngWind Damage Down
★☆☆★★☆★★★
2%4%5%
☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆
ZenithAtk.pngATK
★☆☆★★☆★★★
+500+800+1000
ZenithDef.pngDEF
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithHP.pngHP
★☆☆★★☆★★★
250500750
ZenithFireAtk.pngFire ATK Up
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithCADmg.pngCharge Attack Damage
★☆☆★★☆★★★
10%15%20%
☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ★★☆ ★☆☆
ZenithCADmgCap.pngCharge Attack Damage Cap
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithChargeBar.pngBoost to Charge Bar
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithDebuffAcc.pngDebuff Success Rate Up
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithHostilityUp.pngHostility Up
★☆☆★★☆★★★
+5+8+10
ZenithSupportSkill.pngLessen wind DMG for all allies
☆☆☆ ★☆☆ ★★★ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆
Last update: 2019-01-23

Gamewith's recommended EMP build for Athena.

Priorities[edit | edit source]

Prioritise Debuff Success first, followed by Fire ATK and CA DMG. After that, take Charge Bar Boost.

Hostility UP is a good option for increasing the probability of reaching Status Goddess's Wrath 5.pngGoddess's WrathTetradrachm's hit number increases based on Goddess's Wrath lvl (Max: 5 / Can't be removed)
as early as possible. This essentially allows early and frequent automatic activation of Ability Tetradrachm.png Tetradrachm5-hit, 100% Fire damage to random foes (Damage cap: ~120,000 per hit).
Inflict 10% Status DefenseDownStack.pngDEF Down (Stackable)DEF is lowered (Stackable)
Strength: 10% (Max: 40%)Base Accuracy: 90%Duration: 180 seconds
(Max: 40%) and Status Burned.pngBurnedHP is lowered on every turn
Strength: 5000Base Accuracy: 90%Duration: 180 seconds
on all foes.
(Hit number increases based on Status Goddess's Wrath 1.pngGoddess's WrathTetradrachm's hit number increases based on Goddess's Wrath lvl (Max: 5 / Can't be removed)
lvl / Max: 10)
. However, one should also consider DEF and HP for durability reason.

Resources[edit | edit source]