|This page is a Strategy stub. Please help us expand it by contributing relevant data.|
See Meta:Manual of Style/Character Pages/Strategy for more info.
Athena is a well rounded Defense character, able to both reduce foes' attacks effectiveness and mitigate damage taken by the party. She also brings a respectable amount of skill and charge attack damage, but doesn't perform particularly well with normal attack on her own.
Her high defensive ability makes her very useful in hard fights and Stamina-based weapon grid, but can make her a liability in more laid back fights when using an Enmity-based grid as she gets in the way of losing HP.
- provides relatively long duration and to all allies, which can be maintained permanently with frequent enough charge attack.
- , and in particular the buff, is a powerful tool to have in hard raid which use multiple/random elements, like Akasha (Raid). also allows to reach 100% Damage Cut when used with or various other sources of damage cut.
- can deal massive amount of damage due to .
- by herself. helps Athena activate
- While it needs some time to reach full effectiveness, cap DEF Down by herself. It also allows her to ignore the resistance of some foes to regular , particularly in some hard raids. means she can almost
- Due to Goddess of the Shield, those debuffs can be maintained pseudo-permanently, and quickly reapplied if a foe clears its debuffs.
- brings a bundle of accurate defensive debuffs on a relatively low cooldown.
- Being a Primal Character, she's affected by any Bahamut Weapons.
- She shares her Spear Specialty with some of the best Fire characters, and also has good synergy with them.
- Because of that and centered teams are a good choice for Fire and she fits well in them.
- Shield of the Gods: Aigis, and its , is not enough to reach 100% Damage Cut with .
- Athena doesn't have any reliable way to ensure she's regularly targeted by foes to activate Goddess of the Shield, making it fairly inconsistent, particularly in short fights.
- While she only needs to be targeted, a foe's ability to do so can be highly impaired by debuffs such as Hostility or . or , or an ally with high
- The strongest Spear Specialty Fire characters, with whom she synergize the best, are also Limited characters, making team centered around them difficult to access for newer players.
How to Play
Extended Mastery Perks
|Last update: 2019-11-25|
Gamewith's recommended EMP build for Athena.
Prioritise Debuff Success first, followed by Fire ATK and CA DMG. After that, take CA DMG Cap then Charge Bar Up and finally the support skill.Hostility UP is a good option for increasing the probability of reaching as early as possible. This essentially allows early and frequent automatic activation of . However, one should also consider DEF and HP for durability reason.