This article is about the non-party character. For the raid, see Lucilius (Raid).
||This section contains spoilers. Continue reading at your own discretion.
|RaceOfficially called "Type" in-game.
|GenderGender is a character attribute used for game mechanics. A character's lore, appearance, and other factors do not affect this attribute.
|This Astral was the head researcher of a research lab. His unequivocal genius and transcendent will led to many breakthroughs that would shake up the world—notably the birth of the original primal beasts. But as his research into evolution progressed, he drew his own conclusions about the gods' designs and established the fallen angels to bring about his grand finale—a plan intended to destroy the world.
- Lucilius' design is based on Lucifer the Voidwing from Rage of Bahamut.
- Lucilius is a copy of the Speaker, Helel ben Sahar, created as an imperfect clone for the astral world. Due to subconsciously feeling the gaps in his power, he created the supreme Primarch Lucifer who is closer to Helel ben Sahar.
- The name "Lucilius" is Latin and while its etymological roots are unknown, it may be derived from "lux" (light).
- In Japanese, Lucilius’ name is written as ルシファー (Lucifā), which is another way of romanizing Lucifer, who already existed in the series as ルシフェル (Luciferu). To avoid confusion, the English translation changed his name to "Lucilius" which has been accepted as the official translation of his name from then on.
- Belial's nickname for Lucilius was changed from "Faa-san" (ファーさん) to "Cilius" to fit the change.
- Ironically, this resulted in a mistranslation in Sandalphon (Event)'s side-scrolling quotes: "What is Lucifer plotting?" should be "What is Lucilius plotting?"