μ's Third-Years are a rare defensive/support Dark SSR, making them useful for players at any stage of the game.
- Can Dispel an enemy buff, particularly useful against certain Light bosses like Luminiera Omega and Xeno Corow.
- Provide several useful party-wide buffs: a powerful and , , on Charge Attack, and party-wide if Dispel succeeds.
- Applies DEF Down to hit the DEF Down cap (-50%). and , which stack with other forms of
- One of the only Dark characters to carry party-wide damage mitigation ( ).
- Small heal from C.A. helps sustain the party without intruding on Enmity, which is more effective at lower HP.
- passively increases the party's survivability by reducing Light damage taken.
- damage cap. loses value once the party can hit the C.A.
- Multiattack buffs last a short 2 turns, leaving 5 turns without MA buffs before it can be recast.
- Cannot directly cap DEF Down with ; needs at least one other source of DEF Down.
has a long cooldown (7 turns), leaving gaps in their defensive abilities.
- With a 3★ providing , μ's is also just shy of reaching a full 100% cut.
- Have no way of protecting themselves from debuffs.
- Lackluster set of Extended Mastery Perks.
How to Play
- and can be used at the start of battle and recast once they come off cooldown, unless there is a reason not to—such as Luminiera Omega raids, or to avoid wasting multiattacks buff on a whole-party C.A. turn.
- dispels the enemy's last buff (the icon furthest to the right, if it gains multiple buffs). For most new players, this will see heaviest use in Luminiera Omega raids.
- Like Khorosho!, should be used as needed. Because of its lengthy 7-turn cooldown, it would be best to know the raid's mechanics if you aren't confident in your party's survivability. Knowing when to use a damage cut effectively goes a long way.
Luminiera Omega is a bit of a gimmicky raid that may trip up newer players, especially when dealing with Aegis Merge. Luckily, μ's Third-Years have been geared for this raid, making it easier to deal with her even without a strong party.
is your savior from Aegis Merge. Luminiera always uses Aegis Merge on turn 1, so do not use any debuffs on her at the start of battle. Use Khorosho! at the start of turn 2 to remove , then apply debuffs but hold on to any damage skills. Dispelling will trigger Aegis Unmerge on enemy phase, and Luminiera will remove the Damage Cut buffs from itself. At the start of turn 3, you are now free to use your damage skills.
Ideally, you can burst it down to 50% before it fills its charge diamonds and re-applies Aegis Merge. For most beginners, this won't be feasible; just wait for Khorosho! to come off cooldown again and repeat the process. If you need to call backup, it may be useful to have Khorosho! ready to use; every player that joins and uses a normal attack will reactivate Aegis Merge, and Khorosho! might be needed if other players didn't bring a Dispel of their own.
μ's defensive/supportive kit makes them beneficial for any early- or mid-game player farming Luminiera Omega. For later-game players with more options available to them, they remain a solid choice for an Atma/Ultima Staff team.
Dark Staff characters for Atma Staff teams:, , , , , ,
- provides additional small heal-over-time in case μ's isn't enough, and their effects stack with each other. In parties that prefer being at high HP, Cagliostro's gives her a party-wide heal on C.A., much like μ's (but stronger at 3★). provides , boosting μ's C.A. heal to 1500 HP for that turn.
- is another free Dark SSR, and her 15% + μ's is enough to cap DEF Down on turn 1 with MC's or .
Extended Mastery Perks
|Μ's Third-Years||Pts: 13|
|Last update: 2019-11-16|
Kamigame's recommended EMP build.