|Metera (Fire)||9.5This character's rating from GameWith out of 10||8.5This character's rating from Kamigame out of 10. This rating is intended for advanced players. 🔰 4This character's beginner rating from Kamigame out of 5. This rating is intended for beginners and is a separate evaluation from the advanced player rating.|
Metera is a selfish attacker, providing moderate utility with a Damage cap thanks to her . However, unlike other characters of the same kind, she has very little ability to increase her base damage or Multi Attack Rate and can only shine with a fully developed grid and proper support. Exploiting her full potential requires to operate at, or close to, the damage cap, and consistently dealing triple attack. Because of that, Metera is usually not considered a free to play friendly character, as Omega Fire grids have a hard time achieving both of those goals.and a debuff, while dealing very high damage. Her main draw is her ability to hit way over the
, one of the strongest in the game.
- Stacks with other sources of .
- Consumes 1 Normal Attack to activate. on
- All of her skills deal damage.
- Her Bow Specialty makes her one of the few candidates in Fire for a centered team.
- Fire has easy access to high Critical hit rate thanks to and characters like or , making it particularly effective.
- Is very reliant on grid and other characters to increase her damage and multi attack rate.
- and both use whenever available, which reduces her up time.
- When using without , Metera self inflict and .
- This usually causes her death within a few turns, as she has no defensive mechanic.
- It can be used to draw attacks away from another ally, if her own death is not a concern.
- Her Bow Specialty makes her unfit for Ultima Weapons centered team.
- It makes her hard to fit in a team centered around another Weapon Specialty as Attacker are usually characters that benefit the most from being covered by the Ultima buff.
- Bow is also an unlikely Ultima Weapon choice, as Bow Specialty characters are very rare.
- Ultima Weapons are also one of the main sources of Multi Attack Rate in Omega Fire grids, making them difficult not to use.
How to Play
Use on cooldown to maximize uptime, as it is Metera's main source of damage. If you want to take advantage of the and don't particularly need the , use first so as not to use an . This skill has otherwise very little damage and can usually be ignored. Due to the strength of her passive Bonus Damage, barring any restrictive type of Damage cap increase:
- It is more interesting to spend a Seal on a Normal Attack than on if you can consistently deal more than 875,000 damage in a turn, as the bonus damage will be more important than the skill damage (more than 700,000).
- It is as interesting to spend a Seal on Normal Attack as on Charge Attack if you can consistently triple attack with damage near the cap.
- The bonus damage effect on the C.A. is similar to a use of , but the C.A. itself makes up for the difference in damage.
- While the best scenario is to use Metera's C.A. during the turn of downtime in her Seals, stalling other characters C.A. to wait for that is not recommended.
- On the other hand, stalling Metera's C.A. to wait for other characters (e.g. to Chain Burst) has no adverse effect on her damage.
Bear in mind that and the effect of are both Skill Damage. Fire has relatively easy access to Skill Damage Cap boost with and Tien's which can change which Seal use to prioritize quite a bit.
Also note that "Assassin" buffs, like or , have a stronger effect on Normal Attack than on Charge Attack, which make a triple attack with a 80% Bonus Damage stronger than a C.A.
An alternative use of is to cast it without to sacrifice Metera, either to draw attacks away from other character, or to make a sub ally take her place. However, this method does not guarantee that Metera will be targeted, and should not be relied upon too heavily.
- Benefits from any and all buffer, as she needs all the damage and multi-attack rate you can give her.
- Using a strong buffer with low personal damage in combination with her, rather than a weaker buffer with better personal damage, is potentially more interesting as Metera can more than make up for the difference if she's properly supported.
- Benefit greatly from Ultima Weapons with Gauph Key βBoost to skill DMG cap, and 's 5★ as she has a total of 4 sources of Skill DMG. ,
- Alternatively, a Gauph Key αBoost to one-foe attack DMG cap can go a long way in improving Metera's damage, if she can consistently triple attack and reach the damage cap.
- Due to her Bow Specialty, Metera can be used in combination with the Critical hit rate. , making her indirectly synergize with all sources of
- Omega based Fire grids have easy access to high Critical hit rate thanks to .
- Similarly, Primal based Fire grids can make use of , but due to how Critical Hit rate from Normal weapons skill interact with each other they are usually seen as inferior to Omega ones.
- At level 90, can artificially activate all effect requiring a foe to be in Break state, regardless of its actual state, further improving the uptime. 's passive Treacherous Trigger gives all allies a weak but guaranteed crit against foes in Break, a highly efficient way to trigger the Hollowsky Bow effect. Additionally, Tien's
- Other notable sources of Critical Hit rate include , 's and 's . 's
- Metera can help quickly build 's Summer Hell Drill Sergeant stacks, as her 3 skills are considered "damage skill" (identifiable by their red border).
- more powerful choices. 's passive Diligent gives her a Critical Hit rate when in the same party as Metera, making them more interesting to play together if you only have a limited number of Fire characters, but shouldn't be considered over
Extended Mastery Perks
|Metera (Fire)||Stars: 11||EMP: 66|
|Last update: 2017-08-16|
Gamewith's recommended EMP build for Metera (Fire).
PrioritiesPrioritise Skill DMG Cap first as Metera's abilities hit hard. After that, take Critical, then Fire ATK, then TA. Lastly take DA and optionally a point in each of the DEF nodes to compensate the DEF DOWN given by a seal-less Descent of the Flames. Her extended mastery support skill is also an option.
|Metera (Fire)||Stars: 11||EMP: 66|
|Last update: 2018-08-20|