Isaac/Strategy

From Granblue Fantasy Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
  Game   Strategy   Lore   Voice    
Stamp66.png This page is a Strategy stub. Please help us expand it by contributing relevant data.
See Meta:Manual of Style/Character Pages/Strategy for more info.

Ratings

Isaac Label Type Defense.png Label Race Human.png Label Weapon Gun.png Label Weapon Melee.png
Npc m 3040327000 01.jpg
  • Role: Attacker/Debuffer
  • Auto-skill nuke after normal attacks.
  • High damage output even with his low innate multiattack rate.
  • High-endurance Status Shield.pngShieldNext ATK received will be ineffective for a fixed amount
    that doubles as Status Veil.pngImmuneDebuffs will be nullified
    and Fire DMG capper.
    • Charge attacks refresh his shield.
Site RatingThe character's overall rating out of 10. GrindingThe character's general efficiency in repeatedly clearing menial content with an emphasis on real-time speed.
GW Max Grade: SS
KG Max Grade: SS
Full AutoThe character's general performance in Full Auto parties.
GW Max Grade: SS
KG Max Grade: SS
High DifficultyThe character's capability relative to the game's most difficult content.
GW Max Grade: SS
KG Max Grade: SS
Last Update
Icon Gamewith.png GameWith 9.5 S A B 2021-03-18
Icon Kamigame.png Kamigame 9.0 A A B 2021-09-17

Overview

Isaac is a skill damage-focused character with high value of durability. Combination of his two damaging skills, one which can auto-activate and the other with 1100% damage multiplier, and his high-endurance Status Shield.pngShieldNext ATK received will be ineffective for a fixed amount
that doubles as Status Veil.pngImmuneDebuffs will be nullified
and caps Fire damage he receives, allows him to relentlessly assault foes with skills while staying high on health.

Strengths

  • Ability m 1420 1.png Thermal Blade1100% Water damage to all foes (Damage cap: ~1,200,000).
    Inflict Status ATK Down 4.png25% ATK DownATK is lowered
    Strength: 25%Duration: 4 turnsLocal status effect
    and Status DEF Down 4.png25% DEF DownDEF is lowered
    Strength: 25%Duration: 4 turnsLocal status effect
    .
    is a massive nuke to all foes and debuffing skill stacked in one button, allowing skills like Ability Miserable.png Miserable MistInflict Status AttackDown.png25% ATK DownATK is lowered
    Strength: 25%Base Accuracy: 80%Duration: 180 secondsStacking: Dual
    and Status DefenseDown.png25% DEF DownDEF is lowered
    Strength: 25%Base Accuracy: 80%Duration: 180 secondsStacking: Dual
    on all foes.
    to reach ATK/DEF Down cap.
  • Ability m 1421 1.png Plasma Ripper500% Water damage to all foes (Damage cap: ~635,000).
    Gain Status Uplift.pngCharge Bar +20%Instantly boosts Charge Bar by 20%
    Strength: 20%
    .
    doubles as a skill that rapidly fills his charge bar, allowing him to deal charge attack faster, besides damaging multiple foes.
    • The skill automatically activates after normal attacks thanks to Icon Support Skill.png Motor Drive43% hit to double attack rate and 47% hit to triple attack rateThis already takes the 7%/3% base DA/TA rate into account.
      AmplifySeraphic modifier normal attack damage by 30%.
      Activate Plasma Ripper after normal attacks.
      .
  • Icon Support Skill.png Motor Drive43% hit to double attack rate and 47% hit to triple attack rateThis already takes the 7%/3% base DA/TA rate into account.
    AmplifySeraphic modifier normal attack damage by 30%.
    Activate Plasma Ripper after normal attacks.
    amplifies damage he deals with normal attacks.
  • He can easily deal massive burst damage in short amount of turns with Ability m 1422 3.png Rocket ThrusterGain Instant ChargeInstantly sets Charge Bar to 100%
    Unaffected by Charge Bar Gain status effects.
    No effect when afflicted by Shorted debuffs or when Charge Bar is above 100%.
    and Status 7106.pngCharge BoostCharge bar will be boosted to 100% at the end of the turn
    Duration: 2 turns
    .
    (Boosts charge bar to 100% at end of turn while in effect.)
    , granting him Instant ChargeInstantly sets Charge Bar to 100%
    Unaffected by Charge Bar Gain status effects.
    No effect when afflicted by Shorted debuffs or when Charge Bar is above 100%.
    and Status 7106.pngCharge BoostCharge bar will be boosted to 100% at the end of the turn
    .
  • Icon Support Skill.png Extravehicular GearStarts battle with Status Shield.pngShield (6000)Next ATK received will be ineffective for a fixed amount
    Strength: 6000Duration: Indefinite
    .
    When Isaac has Status Shield.pngShieldNext ATK received will be ineffective for a fixed amount
    :
    Immune to debuffs and caps incoming Fire damage at 5000 per hit.
    protects him with preemptive Status Shield.pngShield (6000)Next ATK received will be ineffective for a fixed amount
    Strength: 6000
    . It grants Isaac Status Veil.pngImmuneDebuffs will be nullified
    and caps Fire damage at 5000 per hit, as long as his shield lasts.
    • He can also regain the shield with his own charge attack.
  • Works best against multiple enemies, where he can fully make use of his all-foe damaging skills.

Weaknesses

  • His debuffs are local status effects. Even with their high values, the debuffs only benefits the caster's party, not the others.
  • Status Shield.pngShieldNext ATK received will be ineffective for a fixed amount
    gained from Icon Support Skill.png Extravehicular GearStarts battle with Status Shield.pngShield (6000)Next ATK received will be ineffective for a fixed amount
    Strength: 6000Duration: Indefinite
    .
    When Isaac has Status Shield.pngShieldNext ATK received will be ineffective for a fixed amount
    :
    Immune to debuffs and caps incoming Fire damage at 5000 per hit.
    and charge attack can be dispelled, which hurts his survivability against enemies able to dispel character buffs.

How to Play

Synergy

Skill Damage Cap Up

As a lot of his damage comes from skills, Isaac greatly appreciates any sources of skill damage cap up. Some notable sources are:

  • Weapon s 1040511200.jpg Clarion (4★): Cobalt Arts
  • Npc s 3040314000 01.jpg Filene: Ability m 1346 3.png Silvery SnowAll Water allies gain Status 7032.pngSilvery SnowWater ATK is boosted / Skill DMG is boosted / Maximum amount of skill DMG that can be dealt per hit is boosted (Can't be removed)
    Duration: 6 turns
    .
  • Npc s 3040213000 01.jpg Macula Marius: Icon Support Skill.png Frigid MaidenBoost to Water allies' skill specs based on their number of Status Deluge Crest.pngDeluge CrestWater magic is amplified (Max: 5 / Can't be removed)
    .
    (Takes effect even when Macula Marius is a sub ally.)
    (Note the Status Deluge Crest.pngDeluge CrestWater magic is amplified (Max: 5 / Can't be removed)
    requirement.)
  • Weapon s 1040514400.jpg Plasma Slicer: Cobalt Arts

Guaranteed Multiattacks

With his low multiattack rate down to negative value, it's practically impossible for him to deal multiattacks consistently. Status DoubleUp.pngGuaranteed DAGuaranteed double attack regardless of Double Attack Lowered debuffs
and Status TripleUp.pngGuaranteed TAGuaranteed triple attack regardless of Triple Attack Lowered debuffs
are bypassing his inability to do so, thus exploiting his already strong normal attacks. Some notable sources of guaranteed multiattacks are:

  • Class 280201 kn square.jpg Dancer: Ability ClassicalLead.png Classical LeadGain Status Etoile.pngEtoileAllies positioned after you will copy your attack
    Duration: 1 turn
    .
    (Requires MC to deal multiattacks.)
  • Class 280301 kn square.jpg Masquerade: Ability m 1413 3.png Bounce ChasseAll allies gain Status TripleUp.pngGuaranteed TAGuaranteed triple attack regardless of Triple Attack Lowered debuffs
    Duration: 1 turn
    and Status Routine Step.pngDouble StrikeAttacks twice each turn
    Duration: 1 turn
    .
    Inflict Status CASeal.pngC.A. SealedCan't use charge attack
    Duration: 1 turn
    on all allies.
    (Consumes 10 Status 7083 1.pngPromenadeMultiattack rate is boosted based on Promenade lvl (Can't be removed)
    lvls from all allies.)
    • Isaac will have issues gaining Status 7083.pngPromenadeMultiattack rate is boosted based on Promenade lvl (Can't be removed)
      lvls due to his non-existing multiattack rate, but this can be partially negated by taking Ability m 1414 1.png Non-Sequence6-hit, 80% elemental damage to random foes (Damage cap: ~60,000 per hit).
      Raise all allies' Status 7083 1.pngPromenadeMultiattack rate is boosted based on Promenade lvl (Can't be removed)
      lvl by 1.
      (Increase number of hits based on caster's Status 7083 1.pngPromenadeMultiattack rate is boosted based on Promenade lvl (Can't be removed)
      lvl [Max: 16 hits].)
      .
    • Class 280301 kn square.jpg Masquerade, being an Extra II class, has access to Class 280201 kn square.jpg Dancer's Ability ClassicalLead.png Classical LeadGain Status Etoile.pngEtoileAllies positioned after you will copy your attack
      Duration: 1 turn
      .
      while possessing improved support skills and ability to choose 3 free skills rather than 1.
  • Npc s 3040226000 01.jpg Europa (Summer): Ability Tyros Benedictus.png Tyros BenedictusGain Status TripleUp.pngGuaranteed TAGuaranteed triple attack regardless of Triple Attack Lowered debuffs
    Duration: 1 turn
    and Status DamageCapUp.png15% DMG Cap UpMaximum amount of DMG that can be dealt per hit is boosted
    Strength: 15%Duration: 3 turns
    .
    (When Status Starry Waters.pngStarry WatersATK is boosted / House of Thebes's hit number is increased (Max: 5 / Can't be removed)
    is at 5:
    Affects all allies.)
    (Requires 5 Status Starry Waters.pngStarry WatersATK is boosted / House of Thebes's hit number is increased (Max: 5 / Can't be removed)
    stacks to affect all allies.)
  • Npc s 3040179000 01.jpg Grea (Summer): Ability Dragonheart (Summer).png DragonheartGain Status Dracoforce.pngDracostrikeTriple attack rate is boosted / Attacks made with elemental superiority have a chance to deal boosted DMG
    Strength: Guaranteed TA /
    60% / 20% Critical Up60% chance of dealing 20% more damage.Duration: 2 turns
    .
    (Consumes 30% of charge bar. Grants the same effect to an ally with Status Linkage.pngLinkageGains Grea's skill and support skill effects (Can't be removed)
    .)
    (Ability Blazing Duo.png Blazing DuoGrant Status Linkage.pngLinkageGains Grea's skill and support skill effects (Can't be removed)
    Duration: 5 turns
    to caster and an ally.
    (Can't grant Status Linkage.pngLinkageGains Grea's skill and support skill effects (Can't be removed)
    Duration: 5 turns
    to more than 1 other ally at a time.)
    must be targeted to Isaac first.)
  • Npc s 3040286000 01.jpg Lucio (Summer): Ability m 1231 3.png Without YouGrant a Water ally Status Bonus Damage.png90% Bonus Water DMGDeals bonus water DMG for one-foe one-ally attacks
    Strength: 90%Duration: 2 turns
    , Status TripleUp.pngGuaranteed TAGuaranteed triple attack regardless of Triple Attack Lowered debuffs
    Duration: 2 turns
    , Status Fire Cut 70.png70% Fire CutFire DMG is cut 70%
    Duration: 2 turnsFire Damage Cut.
    , and Status Veil.png100% Debuff Res. UpDebuff resistance is boosted
    Strength: 100%Duration: 2 turns
    .

Bonus Damage

Without any source of guaranteed multiattack buffs, Status Bonus Damage.pngBonus DMGDeals bonus DMG for one-foe one-ally attacks
can be used instead to make use of his strong normal attacks. Although, they're still best combined with Status DoubleUp.pngGuaranteed DAGuaranteed double attack regardless of Double Attack Lowered debuffs
/Status TripleUp.pngGuaranteed TAGuaranteed triple attack regardless of Triple Attack Lowered debuffs
for even better results. Some notable sources of bonus damage are:

  • Npc s 3040225000 01.jpg Cagliostro (Summer): Ability Ars Nova.png Ars NovaArs Nova:
    All Water allies gain Status CriticalUpWater.png70% / 30% Critical Hit Rate UpAttacks made with elemental superiority have a chance to deal boosted DMG
    Strength: 70% chance of dealing 30% more damage.Duration: 3 turns
    , Status Keen.pngKeenSupplemental DMG to critical hits
    Strength: 1% of enemy's max HP (Damage cap: 50,000)Duration: 3 turns
    , and Status Deluge Crest 1.pngDeluge CrestWater magic is amplified (Max: 5 / Can't be removed)
    Duration: Indefinite
    .
    (When Cagliostro's Status Deluge Crest.pngDeluge CrestWater magic is amplified (Max: 5 / Can't be removed)
    Duration: Indefinite
    is 5:

    Skill changes to Ars Notoria.)
    Ars Notoria:
    All Water allies gain Status CriticalUpWater.png100% / 30% Critical Hit Rate UpAttacks made with elemental superiority have a chance to deal boosted DMG
    Strength: 100% chance of dealing 30% more damage.Duration: 3 turns
    , Status Keen.pngKeenSupplemental DMG to critical hits
    Strength: 1% of foe's max HP (Damage cap: 50,000)Duration: 3 turns
    , Status Bonus Damage.png50% Bonus Water DMGDeals bonus water DMG for one-foe one-ally attacks
    Strength: 50%Duration: 3 turns
    , and Status DamageCapUp.png15% DMG Cap UpMaximum amount of DMG that can be dealt per hit is boosted
    Strength: 15%Duration: 3 turns
    .
    (Consumes 5 Status Deluge Crest.pngDeluge CrestWater magic is amplified (Max: 5 / Can't be removed)
    Duration: Indefinite
    .)
    (Consumes 5 Status Deluge Crest.pngDeluge CrestWater magic is amplified (Max: 5 / Can't be removed)
    stack from Cagliostro to grant Status Bonus Damage.pngBonus Water DMGDeals bonus water DMG for one-foe one-ally attacks
    .)
  • Weapon s 1040019700.jpg Fateless (4★/Main): Skill charge attack.png Frigid StingMassive Water damage to a foe.
    Remove 1 buff.
    After 4★:
    All allies also gain Status Bonus Damage.png15% Bonus Water DMGDeals bonus water DMG for one-foe one-ally attacks
    Strength: 15%Duration: 3.5 turnsApplied during the attack phase.
    On the next turn, it'll have 3 turns remaining.
    .
  • Npc s 3040293000 01.jpg Juliet (Water): Ability m 1257 3.png Fulmine AzzurroAll Water allies gain Status Deluge Crest 1.pngDeluge CrestWater magic is amplified (Max: 5 / Can't be removed)
    Duration: Indefinite
    , Status Mirror Image.pngMirror Image (1 time)Next one-to-one attack received will be ineffective
    (Effect removed on next all-foe all-ally attack)
    Duration: Indefinite
    , and Status Bonus Damage.png20% Bonus Water DMGDeals bonus water DMG for one-foe one-ally attacks (Ends upon taking DMG)
    Strength: 20%Duration: Indefinite
    .
    (Bonus Water DMG effect ends upon taking damage.)
    (Ends upon taking damage.)
  • Npc s 3040286000 01.jpg Lucio (Summer): Ability m 1229 3.png RevelationAll allies gain Status Bonus Damage.png20% Bonus Water DMGDeals bonus water DMG for one-foe one-ally attacks
    Strength: 20%Duration: 3 turns
    and Status Uplift.pngCharge Bar +20%Instantly boosts Charge Bar by 20%
    Strength: 20%
    .
    and Ability m 1231 3.png Without YouGrant a Water ally Status Bonus Damage.png90% Bonus Water DMGDeals bonus water DMG for one-foe one-ally attacks
    Strength: 90%Duration: 2 turns
    , Status TripleUp.pngGuaranteed TAGuaranteed triple attack regardless of Triple Attack Lowered debuffs
    Duration: 2 turns
    , Status Fire Cut 70.png70% Fire CutFire DMG is cut 70%
    Duration: 2 turnsFire Damage Cut.
    , and Status Veil.png100% Debuff Res. UpDebuff resistance is boosted
    Strength: 100%Duration: 2 turns
    .
  • Npc s 3040044000 01.jpg Societte: Ability Heal.png First Dance: KaguraRestore 30% of all allies' HP (Healing cap: 2000).
    All allies gain Status Revitalize.pngRevitalizeRecover HP each turn. Boost to charge bar if HP is full.
    Strength: 500 HP or 10% charge barDuration: 3 turns
    and Status Bonus Damage.png10% Bonus Water DMGDeals bonus water DMG for one-foe one-ally attacks
    Strength: 10%Duration: 3 turns
    .
    (When a foe uses a special attack:
    Consumes Status 4013.pngYonagi RiteFirst Dance: Kagura activates when a foe uses a special attack (Can't be removed)
    to auto-activate.)

Extended Mastery Perks

Isaac Stars: 9 EMP: 45
ZenithAtk.pngATK
★☆☆★★☆★★★
+500+800+1000
ZenithDef.pngDEF
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithDef.pngDEF
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithHP.pngHP
★☆☆★★☆★★★
250500750
ZenithFireDmgDown.pngFire Damage Down
★☆☆★★☆★★★
2%4%5%
☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆
ZenithAtk.pngATK
★☆☆★★☆★★★
+500+800+1000
ZenithDef.pngDEF
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithHP.pngHP
★☆☆★★☆★★★
250500750
ZenithDA.pngDouble Attack Rate
★☆☆★★☆★★★
3%5%6%
ZenithCritHit.pngCritical Hit
★☆☆★★☆★★★
12% chance for 12% more DMG20% chance for 20% more DMG25% chance for 25% more DMG
☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ★★★
ZenithHP.pngHP
★☆☆★★☆★★★
250500750
ZenithHP.pngHP
★☆☆★★☆★★★
250500750
ZenithSkillDmgCap.pngSkill Damage Cap
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithSkillDmgCap.pngSkill Damage Cap
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
Perk unknown, please help fill it out
☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ★★★ ★★★ ☆☆☆
Last update: 2021-03-19

Gamewith's recommended EMP build for Isaac.

Priorities

As a skill damage-focused character, taking two 3★ on Skill DMG Cap is a top priority. Round his damaging performance with 3★ on Critical Hit. The rest of unused points can be spent liberally, preferably DEF to ensure his Status Shield.pngShieldNext ATK received will be ineffective for a fixed amount
to last longer.

Isaac Stars: 18 EMP: 171
ZenithAtk.pngATK
★☆☆★★☆★★★
+500+800+1000
ZenithDef.pngDEF
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithDef.pngDEF
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithHP.pngHP
★☆☆★★☆★★★
250500750
ZenithFireDmgDown.pngFire Damage Down
★☆☆★★☆★★★
2%4%5%
☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆
ZenithAtk.pngATK
★☆☆★★☆★★★
+500+800+1000
ZenithDef.pngDEF
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithHP.pngHP
★☆☆★★☆★★★
250500750
ZenithDA.pngDouble Attack Rate
★☆☆★★☆★★★
3%5%6%
ZenithCritHit.pngCritical Hit
★☆☆★★☆★★★
12% chance for 12% more DMG20% chance for 20% more DMG25% chance for 25% more DMG
☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ★★★ ☆☆☆ ★★★
ZenithHP.pngHP
★☆☆★★☆★★★
250500750
ZenithHP.pngHP
★☆☆★★☆★★★
250500750
ZenithSkillDmgCap.pngSkill Damage Cap
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithSkillDmgCap.pngSkill Damage Cap
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
Perk unknown, please help fill it out
★★★ ★★★ ★★★ ★★★ ☆☆☆
Last update: 2021-03-18
Kamigame's recommended EMP build for Isaac.

Resources