|Class line||Knight ⇢ Sentinel ⇢ Holy Saber ⇢ Spartan ⇢ Paladin|
|Description||The best tools for defending allies: a sturdy shield and holy armor inherited from a predecessor.|
|Prerequisites|| Master Lvl 30 |
Master Lvl 30
- Clear Chapter 18 Quest: A Proud Guardian.
|Level BonusesLevel bonuses are earned with levels 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20.||
|Completion Bonuses||Boost to DEF for classes not row V +5%|
|Release date||2022-03-24||Other sites|
|Best Offense Is A Good Defense||Cap damage taken at 10,000.
Boost to attack specs based on number of shields.
|Holy Knight's Pride||Start battle with.|
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown in Turns||DurDuration in Turns or Seconds||SubSubskill usable on other classes||LVLClass level required||Notes|
|Elemental Phalanx||All allies gain 80% superior elemental DMG Cut
and superior Elemental Switch
All other parties gain .
Extended Mastery Skills
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown||DurDuration||EMPCost in EMP||Notes|
|Noblesse Proteger||Gainand .||6T||1T||50|
|Boosted Resistance||All allies gain and .||10T||5T||40|
|Sacred Protection||All allies gain .||6T||1T||30|
This section is about the Paladin gear. For the status effect, see Shield.
The Paladin class uses a shield in battle. Shields grant a minor stat boost to the Main Character depending on the shield equipped.
- You can equip a shield by tapping on the Shield button on the Party screen while in the Paladin class.
- Only one type of shield can be equipped at a time.
- If more than one of the same type of shield is obtained as loot, the excess shield will be automatically sold for rupies.
- Shields can still be obtained as loot even if Paladin has not yet been unlocked.
|Icon||Name||Effect||Obtained From:||Release Date|
|Round Shield||HP +50||Crafted:
|Buckler||Dodge Rate +1%||Crafted:
|Knight Shield||DEF +1%||Default||2022-03-24|
|Mythril Shield||HP +75||Crafted:
|Holy Shield||Dark Resistance +3%||Default||2022-03-24|
|Tiamat Shield||Wind ATK +5%||Possible drop:
Tiamat Omega Extreme (Raid)
Tiamat Omega Impossible (Raid)
|Rose Crystal Shield||Superior Element Resistance +5%||Possible drop:
Rose Queen (Raid)
|Spartan Shield||DEF +5%||Default||2022-03-24|
|Malice Adarga||ATK +5%||Possible drop:
Tiamat Malice (Raid)
Leviathan Malice (Raid)
Luminiera Malice (Raid)
|Archangel's Shield||HP +100||Possible drop:
The Four Primarchs
|Colossus Wall||Fire ATK +5%||Possible drop:
Colossus Omega (Raid)
Colossus Omega Impossible (Raid)
|Bahamut Shield||C.A. DMG +5%||Possible drop:
Wings of Terror
Wings of Terror (Impossible)
|Soul of Oneness||Fire and Water DEF +5%||Crafted:
Twin Elements Showdown
|Eutr Nogadr Ldeysh||Debuff Resistance +10%||Possible drop:
|Hero's Shield||DEF +10%||Crafted:
|Shield of Lamentation||N.A. DMG +3%||Possible drop:
Grand Order (Raid)
Grand Order Impossible (Raid)
|Huanglong Shield||Light ATK +5%||Possible drop:
Huanglong and Qilin (Raid)
|Qilin Shield||Dark ATK +5%||Possible drop:
Huanglong and Qilin (Raid)
|Nibelung Mauer||Water Resistance +7%||Possible drop:
Godsworn Alexiel (Raid)
|Obelisk||Charge Bar Gain +5%||Possible drop:
Best Offense Is A Good Defense
- The cap to damage taken is applied after all other forms of damage reduction. For example, consider a special attack which deals 9,999,999 Dark damage to all allies:
- If is in effect, the damage is reduced to 49,999 before being reduced to 10,000 by this support skill.
- If is in effect, the special attack first subtracts the damage absorbed by the shield, before being reduced to 10,000.
- Additionally, if a form of is in effect, the damage is first reduced to 10,000, then the character takes all four attacks for a total of 40000.
- Boost to attack specs based on number of shields obtained.
- 5% ATKNormal modifier Up (Max: 80%Current confirmed maximum with 16 shields)
- 10% DA Up (Max: 100%Current confirmed maximum with 16 shields)
- 5% TA Up (Max: 80%Current confirmed maximum with 16 shields)
- The current maximum number of shields is 21.
|This section contains subjective remarks about this class.|
Relevancy of information and recommended weapons can quickly change over time.
Use substantial discretion before heavily investing resources.
Elemental Phalanx grants the party the equivalent of 80% DMG Cut, except it ignores theeffect common in many high-level raids while also being slightly more effective against off-element damage sources.
Notable Main Weapons
As Paladin is the successor class to, the same weapons Spartan finds useful will also be useful for Paladin - with some modification and additions.
With enough shields acquired, multiattacks become guaranteed for Paladin. Weapons that trigger effects on multiattacks will activate every turn.
- - ATK and DEF will stack for the MC each turn
Asprovides 10% more damage cut than , more weapon charge attacks that provide damage cut will provide an acceptable level of damage prevention when used on the same turn as Elemental Phalanx.
- now provides full cut.
- Other weapons that still do not provide full cut will be closer than before, and skills like can cover the gap.
- GameWith, Paladin. https://グランブルーファンタジー.gamewith.jp/article/show/311699