Baal/Strategy

From Granblue Fantasy Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
  Game   Strategy   Lore   Voice    
Stamp66.png This page is a Strategy stub. Please help us expand it by contributing relevant data.
See Meta:Manual of Style/Character Pages/Strategy for more info.

Ratings

Baal Icon Gamewith.png 9.3This character's rating from GameWith out of 10 Icon Kamigame.png 8.5This character's rating from Kamigame out of 10. This rating is intended for advanced players. 🔰 4This character's beginner rating from Kamigame out of 5. This rating is intended for beginners and is a separate evaluation from the advanced player rating. Label Type Balance.png Label Race Primal.png Label Weapon Harp.png Label Weapon Axe.png
Npc m 3040215000 01.jpg
  • Roles: Support/Debuffer
  • Shines in mid-to-long battles, with allies who can consistently output chain bursts.
  • Inflicts Dispel, stackable ATK/DEF Down, and Status Tuning.pngTuningHP is lowered on every turn
    (9999 damage every turn).
  • Provides powerful multiattack boosts and a Bonus Earth DMG effect for himself and one ally through Status Session.pngSessionMultiattack rate, DEF, and hostility are boosted / Deals bonus earth DMG for one-foe attacks (Can't be removed)
    .
  • Party-wide damage mitigation through Status Armored.png70% / 30% ArmoredChance of lowering DMG taken
    Strength: 70% chance of taking 30% less damage.Duration: 2.5 turnsApplied during the attack phase.
    On the next turn, it'll have 2 turns remaining.
    and passive Water damage reduction.

Overview

Baal is a supportive buffer and debuffer who shines in mid-to-long battles. He weakens enemies with dispel, stackable ATK/DEF Down, and Status Tuning.pngTuningHP is lowered on every turn
while supporting the party through buffs granted on chain burst activation and his Extended Mastery support skill. He also provides extensive support for himself and one other ally through Status Session.pngSessionMultiattack rate, DEF, and hostility are boosted / Deals bonus earth DMG for one-foe attacks (Can't be removed)
.

Strengths

  • Grants powerful buffs to himself and his Status Session.pngSessionMultiattack rate, DEF, and hostility are boosted / Deals bonus earth DMG for one-foe attacks (Can't be removed)
    partner:
    • 50% boost to double attack rate
    • 25% boost to triple attack rate
    • 100% boost to DEF
    • Boost to hostility
    • 20% Bonus Earth DMG effect
    • Restores up to 2500 HP on charge attack.
  • Reduces the damage the party takes through Status Armored.png70% / 30% ArmoredChance of lowering DMG taken
    Strength: 70% chance of taking 30% less damage.Duration: 2.5 turnsApplied during the attack phase.
    On the next turn, it'll have 2 turns remaining.
    (upon chain burst at 3 Status Resonance.pngResonanceGrants buffs to all allies upon chain burst activation based on Resonance lvl (Can't be removed)
    ) and passive party-wide Water damage reduction through his Icon Extended Mastery Support Skill.png Extended Mastery Support SkillWater DMG reduction to all allies..
  • Can dispel an enemy once every 7 turns.
  • Status Resonance.pngResonanceGrants buffs to all allies upon chain burst activation based on Resonance lvl (Can't be removed)
    is gained on any chain burst and does not require Baal to be in it, allowing him to build it up reliably.

Weaknesses

  • Mediocre personal damage and relatively long ramp-up times to reach full effectiveness on his skills makes him less suited for shorter battles.
  • May be less effective in Full Auto, as Ability Session.png SessionGrant Status Session.pngSessionMultiattack rate, DEF, and hostility are boosted / Deals bonus earth DMG for one-foe attacks (Can't be removed)
    Duration: 5 turns
    to caster and an ally. (Can't grant Session effect to more than 1 other ally at a time.)
    is not used by FA and parties may not reliably activate chain bursts.

How to Play

Synergy

Classes

Characters

Generally, Status Session.pngSessionMultiattack rate, DEF, and hostility are boosted / Deals bonus earth DMG for one-foe attacks (Can't be removed)
works well on any defensive character due to its DEF and Hostility boost.

  • Npc s 3040232000 01.jpg Alexiel (Summer): Alexiel makes good use of Session due to her mediocre innate multiattack rate, and its DEF and Hostility boost helps serve as a stopgap while Status Uncrossable Waters.pngUncrossable WatersReceives all attacks in place of allies (Includes all-foe all-ally attacks) / DEF and debuff resistance are boosted / Elemental DMG from foes turns into water DMG / Water DMG taken is capped at 1500 per hit / Ends when no Mirror Blades are deployed (Can't be removed)
    Duration: Up to 3 turns
    is down.
  • Npc s 3040041000 01.jpg Sara: Sara appreciates Session's boost, even moreso than Alexiel.
    • She wants to take hits to gain the full effects of Icon Support Skill.png Graphos's TeachingsGain these effects in order upon taking DMG:
      Convert DMG taken to Water DMG, boost to C.A. DMG, boost to C.A. DMG cap, debuff immunity, and Tank-and-Counter effect (3 times).
      as soon as possible, but only has Status Substitute.pngSubstituteReceives foe attack in place of an ally
      (Excludes all-foe all-ally attacks)
      and one Hostility EMP node to direct attacks towards herself. Session's Hostility boost will help with this.
    • One of Sara's major weaknesses is a lack of self-healing to keep up with the damage she takes. Baal's charge attacks while in Session with her will help maintain her HP.
    • Sara's party-wide damage mitigation through Status Dmg Cut 50.png50% DMG CutTaking 50% less DMG
      Duration: 1 turn Damage Cut reducing damage taken for all elements.
      Warning! Does not work for Plain Damage!
      , Status DefenseUp.png25% DEF UpDEF is boosted
      Strength: 25%Duration: 3 turns
      , and Status Shield.pngShield (1200)Next ATK received will be ineffective for a fixed amount
      Strength: 1200Duration: 3.5 turnsApplied during the attack phase.
      On the next turn, it'll have 3 turns remaining.
      keeps allies' HP up for Baal's Status Strength.pngStrengthATK is greatly boosted based on how high HP is
      Strength: 15%-5%Duration: 2.5 turnsApplied during the attack phase.
      On the next turn, it'll have 2 turns remaining.
      from Icon Support Skill.png ResonanceStatus Resonance.pngResonanceGrants buffs to all allies upon chain burst activation based on Resonance lvl (Can't be removed)
      lvl rises by 1 upon chain burst activation (Max: 3).
      Buffs to all allies upon chain burst activation based on Resonance lvl.
      .

Extended Mastery Perks

Baal Pts: 16
ZenithAtk.pngATK
★☆☆★★☆★★★
+500+800+1000
ZenithDef.pngDEF
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithHP.pngHP
★☆☆★★☆★★★
250500750
ZenithDA.pngDouble Attack Rate
★☆☆★★☆★★★
3%5%6%
ZenithDebuffRes.pngDebuff Resistance
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆
ZenithAtk.pngATK
★☆☆★★☆★★★
+500+800+1000
ZenithDef.pngDEF
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithHP.pngHP
★☆☆★★☆★★★
250500750
ZenithEarthAtk.pngEarth ATK Up
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithCADmg.pngCharge Attack Damage
★☆☆★★☆★★★
10%15%20%
☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ★★★ ★★★
ZenithHP.pngHP
★☆☆★★☆★★★
250500750
ZenithCritHit.pngCritical Hit
★☆☆★★☆★★★
12% chance for 12% more DMG20% chance for 20% more DMG25% chance for 25% more DMG
ZenithCritHit.pngCritical Hit
★☆☆★★☆★★★
12% chance for 12% more DMG20% chance for 20% more DMG25% chance for 25% more DMG
ZenithDebuffAcc.pngDebuff Success Rate Up
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithSupportSkill.pngWater DMG reduction to all allies.
☆☆☆ ★★★ ★★★ ★☆☆ ★★★
Last update: 2020-08-03

Gamewith's recommended EMP build for Baal.

Priorities

Allocate 3★ in both Critical Hit perks first, then 3★ in Earth Attack and C.A. DMG. Then 1★ in Debuff Success. Increase to 3★ if fighting high resistance/difficulty enemies.

Baal Pts: 18
ZenithAtk.pngATK
★☆☆★★☆★★★
+500+800+1000
ZenithDef.pngDEF
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithHP.pngHP
★☆☆★★☆★★★
250500750
ZenithDA.pngDouble Attack Rate
★☆☆★★☆★★★
3%5%6%
ZenithDebuffRes.pngDebuff Resistance
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ★★☆ ☆☆☆
ZenithAtk.pngATK
★☆☆★★☆★★★
+500+800+1000
ZenithDef.pngDEF
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithHP.pngHP
★☆☆★★☆★★★
250500750
ZenithEarthAtk.pngEarth ATK Up
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithCADmg.pngCharge Attack Damage
★☆☆★★☆★★★
10%15%20%
☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ★★★ ★☆☆
ZenithHP.pngHP
★☆☆★★☆★★★
250500750
ZenithCritHit.pngCritical Hit
★☆☆★★☆★★★
12% chance for 12% more DMG20% chance for 20% more DMG25% chance for 25% more DMG
ZenithCritHit.pngCritical Hit
★☆☆★★☆★★★
12% chance for 12% more DMG20% chance for 20% more DMG25% chance for 25% more DMG
ZenithDebuffAcc.pngDebuff Success Rate Up
★☆☆★★☆★★★
5%8%10%
ZenithSupportSkill.pngWater DMG reduction to all allies.
☆☆☆ ★★★ ★★★ ★★★ ★★★
Last update: 2020-05-15
Kamigame's recommended EMP build for Baal.

Resources