Granblue Fantasy the Animation
|Granblue Fantasy The Animation|
|Series Director||Ayako Kurata|
|Character Design||Toshifumi Akai|
January 21, 2017 (Television film special)
Granblue Fantasy the Animation is an upcoming anime adaptation of the role-playing video game developed by Cygames. It was scheduled to premiere in January 2017, however it was delayed to April 1, 2017. A television anime special which aired the first two episodes of the television anime series was broadcast on January 21, 2017 prior to the anime series.
Confirmed cast members are reprising their respective character roles in the anime.
- Gran - Yūki Ono
- Djeeta - Hisako Kanemoto
- Lyria - Nao Tōyama
- Vyrn - Rie Kugimiya
- Katalina - Miyuki Sawashiro
Although Gran is the main character for the anime, Djeeta will still appear as the "Promo Captain" for advertisements and promotional material.
- #1: "GO" by Bump of Chicken
- #1: "Sora no Parade" (ソラのパレード) by HARUHI
|#||Title||Screenplay||Storyboard||Episode Director||Animation Director||Release Date|
|1||Girl in Blue||Nao Takizawa||Yuuki Itoh||Yuuki Itoh||Asami Komatsu||Jan 21, 2017|
| Gran and Vyrn live on the sleepy, far-flung island of Zinkenstill. Their quiet lives are rocked by the sound of a sudden explosion and the sight of battleship in the sky. They follow a light that falls from the battleship into the forbidden woods, where they encounter a mysterious girl.
Note: An advance preview of this episode aired as the first half of Zinkenstill Arc television film special on January 21, 2017.
|2||Departure||Kyōhei Terashima||Ayako Kurata||Ayako Kurata||Akira Takata||Jan 21, 2017|
| Gran dreams of his youth, remembering the words his father left in a letter - "I will be waiting at Estalucia, Island of the Astrals." He awakens to find Lyria at his bedside, happy to see him well after the incident with Pommern and the Hydra. Katalina and Lyria explain to Gran the situation he now finds himself in, and that he must now make the bold action to journey with them.
Note: An advance preview of this episode aired as the second half of Zinkenstill Arc television film special on January 21, 2017.
|3||Meet the Wind||-||-||-||-||Apr 15, 2017|
|Gran and his party depart Zinkenstill for their goal, the Island of Astrals. However, Katalina crash lands the small airship on a nearby island, Eingana Island. A man named Rackam happens to witness their totaled aircraft. The townspeople consider Rackam an oddball for the way he’s always working on repairing a certain airship that has no chance of ever flying again...|
|4||A Helmsman's Resolve||-||-||-||-||Apr 22, 2017|
|Gran and company are under fire and trapped by Imperial Army General Furias, who intends to recapture Lyria. However, Rackam, the helmsman, gives them a way out. They propose hiring him as a helmsman to get them off the island, but he refuses and tells them he doesn’t want to fly unless it’s with the Grandcypher, the old airship that has captivated him since he was young.|
|5||The Storm Guardian||-||-||-||-||Apr 29, 2017|
|Thanks to his skill as a helmsman, Rackam navigates the Grandcypher to the mass of dark clouds, where Tiamat is waiting for them. Gran and his comrades must face this great primal beast to save the Port Breeze Archipelago and its guardian deity.|
- Original Work: Cygames
- Original Character Design: Hideo Minaba
- Script: Cygames
- Anime Character Design: Toshifumi Akai
- Series Director: Ayako Kurata
- Director: Yuuki Itoh
- Chief Animation Director: Akira Takata, Mami Komatsu, Yuki Imoto
- OP Storyboard: Masashi Ishihama
- OP Unit Director: Masashi Ishihama
- ED Unit Director: Akira Takata
- Music: Nobuo Uematsu, Tsutomu Narita, Yasunori Nishiki
- Sound Director: Ryō Tanaka, Yoichi Hayakawa
- Art Director: Masatoshi Kai (Studio KAIMU)
- Art Design: Kazushi Fujii, Shiho Takeuchi
- 3D Director: Shūji Shinoda (Buemon)
- Director of Photography: Yoshihiro Sekiya (Graphinica)
- 2D Works: Saya Utsumi (Graphinica)
- Color Design: Nakashima Kazuko
- Editing: Akinori Mishima (Graphinica)
- Effects Animation Director: Takashi Hashimoto
- Prop Design: Akira Takata
- Special Effects: Saya Utsumi (Graphinica)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures