Proving Grounds is a limited-time event where players participate in sets of multiple battles called sorties.
Face the waves of foes and prove your parties' might!
Sorties[edit | edit source]
Sorties consist of multiple battles and require players to form multiple parties.
Sortie Parties[edit | edit source]
Party Restrictions[edit | edit source]
Parties may share weapons and summons, and the main character may use the same class and skills, but other versions of characters can only be included in one party per sortie. No changes can be made to a party that has won a battle until the sortie is cleared or evacuated.
Support Summon[edit | edit source]
A support summon can be selected at the start of a sortie, and the same summon will be applied throughout the sortie.
Battles[edit | edit source]
Each crew sortie can be cleared by winning all of its battles.
Characters included in the first party can't be included in the second party.
For the third battle, the sortie party from previous battles may be selected once again.
Party Status[edit | edit source]
If you select a party used in previous battles, the characters' status, such as HP, buffs, debuffs, skill cooldown, and status effects will not reset. On the other hand, summon aura effects, support skill effects or weapon skill effects that change based on turns passed and field effects will be reset.
Choosing the previous party has both advantages and disadvantages. Grasp the party's state and make the wisest tactical decision!
Difficulties[edit | edit source]
- Available difficulties for sorties are as follows. Each difficulty unlocks by clearing the previous difficulty. (Numbers in the parentheses indicate the number of battles.)
- Very Hard (2)
- Extreme (2)
- Extreme+ (2)
- Maniac (2)
- Proud (3)
- Proud+ (3)
- Maniac sortie can be cleared only once a day. The limit resets daily at 5 a.m. (JST).
- Proud and Proud+ sorties only provide completion rewards once during the event period. Subsequent clears do not provide rewards.
- No elixirs can be used in Proud and Proud+ sorties.
- The might of foes in Proud and Proud+ sorties is significantly greater than in other difficulties. Proud+ sortie will especially be the most challenging content among all the event quests in the game. A well thought-out battle strategy and party formation will be required to overcome these challenges.
- Foes that appear in Extreme and harder-difficulty sorties have resistance to all elements except for fire. All elements other than fire will deal less damage than normal.
- Maniac, Proud, and Proud+ sorties can be retried until cleared even if you've evacuated from them.
Foes' for nightmare-difficulty sorties have resistance to all elements except for the foe's weakness element. All elements other than the weakness element will deal less damage than normal.
Retrying[edit | edit source]
You can retry each battle if the entire party is knocked out or you retreat from a battle. The party will be reset to its state before the battle.
Characters, weapons, summons, and the main character's class and skills can be changed, but all damage, buffs, and debuffs on the foe and allies will be reset.
Evacuation[edit | edit source]
To end a sortie, tap the Evacuate button on the event page. Battle progress in the sortie will be reset, and the sortie can be started over from the first battle.
AP used to start the sortie won't be returned when the sortie is evacuated.
If a crew sortie battle is in progress, you can continue to play it even after the event period. However, regardless of the battle result, the sortie will end after that battle, and will be counted as an evacuated sortie.
PG Points[edit | edit source]
By satisfying certain requirements during sortie battles, PG points will be accumulated. The requirements fall into three categories. The categories and requirements are as follows.
- Deal damage to foes
- Action Bonuses
- Use skills, call summons, activate chain bursts, etc.
- Clear the battle under certain conditions, such as having all six characters remaining, clearing within ten turns, including SR or R characters in the party, etc.
There is a limit to PG points that can be earned in one battle.
Event Loot[edit | edit source]
You can obtain loot from each battle of a crew sortie. In addition, if you clear all battles, you will get more loot as a completion reward!
Aside from the loot from each sortie, you'll be able to pick up items by gathering battle badges. The battle badge loot includes an event-exclusive weapon, a gold spell book, and an SSR draw ticket!
Trophies[edit | edit source]
This list contains Trophies from all iterations of Proving Grounds.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Event character's loyalty will not rise by clearing crew sortie battles.
Event History[edit | edit source]
|1||November 2018||Fire||Beta test. New weapon:|
|2||February 2019||Wind||New weapon:|
|3||June 2019||Water||New weapon:|
|5||October 2019||Dark||Halloween-themed. New weapon:|