Unknown Character Tier List
Source[edit | edit source]
This page simply shows the ratings in table format, and adds short summary of the character abilities.
Other notable tier lists[edit | edit source]
- Includes a ★ ranking for how easy a character is to use for beginners. More stars means they're simple to use off-the-bat, while less stars means the character either has a learning curve or require more investment to reach full potential.
Reading the tier list[edit | edit source]
The following sections are general guidelines on how to interpret the tier list.
Important points[edit | edit source]
- The value and usefulness of a character varies based on your rank, your team, fight length, fight mechanics and how you play.
- Each element is evaluated on its own. A 9.5 rating in Fire is not the same as 9.5 in Water.
- The rating reflects the median usefulness of a character. A character may lose points for being hard to use or fit in a team, or gain points for being strong against Magnas. Judging a character by HL usefulness alone may be unhelpful as HL teams tend to deviate from other content.
- Ratings are strictly taken from Gamewith. Tier list remarks and bullet points on gbf.wiki are not necessarily from Gamewith and are usually from wiki contributors.
- The Eternals have their own rating system separate from other characters.
- Arcarum Evokers currently do not have any rating due to the heavily time-gated nature of their recruitment process.
- At the end of the day a tier list is just a tool to help you find useful characters.
Role meanings[edit | edit source]
Roles describe what a character is generally good at.
- Attacker - Focuses on dealing damage through skills and attacks, including selfish or mostly-selfish buffs and debuffs.
- Defender - Focuses on protecting the party through damage mitigation or attack redirection. Includes Party DMG Cut, Substitute, high hostility, etc.
- Debuffer - Focuses on decreasing an enemy's effectiveness or ability to do damage through stat decreases or statuses. Includes Delay and Gravity.
- Healer - Focuses on directly restoring the HP of other party (or raid) characters. Does not include self-healing or shields.
- Support - Focuses on increasing the party's (or raid's) effectiveness or ability to complete content through stat increases or statuses. Includes Clarity, Dispel, etc.
Rating range for each rarity[edit | edit source]
SSR Characters[edit | edit source]
SSR characters are generally scored between 7 to 10 points.
However, only characters that affect the balance of the game as a whole may score 10 points.
For SSR characters an easy way to read these ratings are:
|9.5 rating||Vital in many team setups|
|9.0 rating||Fills the gaps between 9.5 characters|
|8.5 rating||Useful for specific fights or challenges|
|8.0 rating||For teams lacking something or rare circumstances|
|7.5 rating||Should have been an SR.|
SR Characters[edit | edit source]
SR characters are generally scored between 4.5 to 8.5 points.
|8.5 rating||Outperform SSR characters with proper setup.|
|8.0 rating||Can compete with standard SSR characters for party slots.|
|7.5 rating||Higher SR standard. No real faults, and can complement a team well.|
|7.0 rating||Middle SR standard. Competent functionality.|
|6.5 rating||Lower SR standard. May perform a role decently, but will never excel.|
|6.0 rating||Functional, but easily overshadowed.|
|5.5 rating||The minimum SR usefulness.|
|5.0 rating||Ask for a refund.|
|4.5 rating||Garbage to detrimental. More trouble than they're worth.|
R Characters[edit | edit source]
R characters are generally scored from 3 to 6.5 points.
|6.5 rating||As useful as an SR character|
|6.0 rating||Outstanding for an R character. Exhibit a special feature or exploit that gives them an edge.|
|5.5 rating||Functionally equivalent to and typically able to replace a low-tier SR Character.|
|5.0 rating||Useful kits that can fit well into team compositions.|
|4.5 rating||Usable in standard situations.|
|4.0 rating||Serviceable but lack outstanding contributions to the team.|
|3.5 rating||Detrimental to themselves.|
|3.0 rating||Detrimental to the team.|
Filtered lists[edit | edit source]
|9.6 - 9.5|
|9.2 - 9.0|
|Lady Katapillar and Vira||8.5||
|Morphe and Phoebe||8.0||
|Wulf and Renie||9.5||