From Granblue Fantasy Wiki
|Description||Absorb damage and reflect foes' attacks.|
|Prerequisites||300 CP, Lvl 20 Sentinel and Cleric|
|DEF +4%, total 20%|
|Master Bonuses||DEF +3%|
|Mighty Shield||Chance to reduce DMG taken by 50%.|
|Aegis Boon||Gain upon using Substitute. |
Gain upon using Phalanx II.
|Recommended Extended Mastery Perks|
|Attack, HP, Defense|
Miserable MistInflict and on all enemies.: Massive increase to effective damage and survivability.
Double Trouble IIIGain: Raid-wide damage and charge boost via multi-attack.
Spear: All parties gain and .
Axe: Inflict and on one enemy..
ClarityRemove 1 debuff from all parties.: Raid-wide debuff removal.
C/DCooldown in Turns
DurDuration in Turns or Seconds
SubSubskill usable on other classes
LVLClass level required
|Phalanx II||All parties gain.||5T||1T||No||1||Affects all players.|
|Overdrive Surge III||500% Elemental DMG to one enemy in Overdrive (200% otherwise).||-||-||Yes||5|
|Substitute||Gain.||6T||1T||Yes||15||Includes multi-hit attacks.|
Extended Mastery Skills
EMPCost in EMP
Gain Verification needed.for up to 3 hits.
Holy Saber provides unmatched defensive utility, opening many solo options and allowing even the least-developed players to contribute meaningfully in multiplayer content.
- Phalanx IIAll parties gain .is main draw of the class, alone enough to trivialize many otherwise lethal attacks, but also stackable with (some, not all) other sources of damage cut (such as the Carbuncle or Athena summons) to defend against damage completely. The attack boost provided by Holy Saber's passive is just a bonus.
- Overdrive Surge III500% Elemental DMG to one enemy in Overdrive (200% otherwise).is less influential, especially in multiplayer, but as Holy Saber is often brought to battles where enemy charge attacks are a major threat, a tool to break enemies out of overdrive is not entirely unwelcome.
- SubstituteGain .protects other party members and provides 50% damage cut to the MC, making it excellent for directing foe attacks in emergencies or simply for reducing damage taken over a long fight. Because the damage cut is provided through a passive, it can stack withPhalanx IIAll parties gain .to completely negate attacks.
- Holy Saber's spear proficiency makes Double Trouble III a staple subskill provided debuffs are available from other sources. The damage and charge bar generation provided by the raid-wide DA/TA Up is tremendous, and the guaranteed triple attack pairs well with Phalanx IIAll parties gain ..
- Amazing and always sought after in multiplayer, where both Phalanx and Double Trouble are adored. Raid-wide skills also generate considerable contribution, allowing even new/weak players to farm Event Honors or Pendants efficiently.
Miserable MistInflict and on all enemies.as anyone.
- Neither Extended Mastery Skill is worth buying, as damage reflection is rarely useful and Holy Saber is already incredibly resilient, making defensive utility that benefits the party such as GraceAll parties gain .orClarityRemove 1 debuff from all parties.much more efficient.
- Mighty Shield description in-game incorrectly states that 50% DMG Cut works whole time.