|Class line||Knight ⇢ Sentinel ⇢ Holy Saber ⇢ Spartan|
|Description||Absorb damage and reflect foes' attacks.|
Lvl 20 Sentinel and Cleric
|Level BonusesLevel bonuses are earned with levels 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20.||
|Master Bonuses||DEF +3%|
|Mighty Shield||Chance to reduce damage taken by 50%.|
upon using . |
Gain upon using .
|Base Multiattack Rates|
|Base DA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses||Base TA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses|
|Recommended Extended Mastery Perks|
|Attack, HP, Defense|
: Massive increase to effective damage and survivability.
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown in Turns||DurDuration in Turns or Seconds||SubSubskill usable on other classes||LVLClass level required||Notes|
|Phalanx II||All parties gain.||5T||1T||No||1|
|Overdrive Surge III||500% elemental damage to one enemy in Overdrive. (200% otherwise).||6T||-||Yes||5|
Extended Mastery Skills
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown||DurDuration||EMPCost in EMP||Notes|
Holy Saber provides unmatched defensive utility, opening many solo options and allowing even the least-developed players to contribute meaningfully in multiplayer content.
- Athena (Summon) summons) to defend against damage completely. The attack boost provided by Holy Saber's passive is just a bonus. is main draw of the class, alone enough to trivialize many otherwise lethal attacks, but also stackable with (some, not all) other sources of damage cut (such as the Carbuncle or
- is less influential, especially in multiplayer, but as Holy Saber is often brought to battles where enemy charge attacks are a major threat, a tool to break enemies out of overdrive is not entirely unwelcome.
- protects other party members and provides 50% damage cut to the MC, making it excellent for directing foe attacks in emergencies or simply for reducing damage taken over a long fight. Because the damage cut is provided through a passive, it can stack with to completely negate attacks.
- Holy Saber's spear proficiency makes Double Trouble III a staple subskill provided debuffs are available from other sources. The damage and charge bar generation provided by the raid-wide DA/TA Up is tremendous, and the guaranteed triple attack pairs well with .
- Amazing and always sought after in multiplayer, where both Phalanx and Double Trouble are adored. Raid-wide skills also generate considerable contribution, allowing even new/weak players to farm Event Honors or Pendants efficiently.
Overall, Holy Saber is probably the most powerful Row III class in the game. The only reason it is not the top priority for newbies is that the more consistent mitigation provided by Dark Fencer is often more important than negating a limited number of devastating attacks. Holy Saber makes an excellent second unlock, however, as its prerequisites are mostly taken on the path to Dark Fencer, and as it makes as good use of as anyone.
- Neither Extended Mastery Skill is worth buying, as damage reflection is rarely useful and Holy Saber is already incredibly resilient, making defensive utility that benefits the party such as or much more efficient.
- Mighty Shield description in-game incorrectly states that 50% DMG Cut works whole time.
|I||Fighter • Knight • Priest • Wizard • Thief • Enhancer • Grappler • Ranger • Harpist • Lancer|
|II||Warrior • Sentinel • Cleric • Sorcerer • Raider • Arcana Dueler • Kung Fu Artist • Archer • Bard • Dragoon|
|III||Weapon Master • Holy Saber • Bishop • Hermit • Hawkeye • Dark Fencer • Ogre • Sidewinder • Superstar • Valkyrie • Gladiator|
|IV||Berserker • Spartan • Sage • Warlock • Bandit Tycoon • Chaos Ruler • Luchador • Nighthound • Elysian • Apsaras • Chrysaor|
|EX I||Alchemist • Ninja • Samurai • Sword Master • Gunslinger • Mystic • Assassin • Drum Master • Dancer • Mechanic|
|EX II||Doctor • Runeslayer • Kengo • Glorybringer • Soldier • Nekomancer • Tormentor • Rising Force|