|Class line||Priest ⇢ Cleric ⇢ Bishop ⇢ Sage|
|Description||Lead your party out of a pinch with your battle wits and healing wisdom.|
|Level BonusesLevel bonuses are earned with levels 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20.||
|Master Bonuses||Healing +2% and Debuff resistance +1%|
|Release date||2016-03-10||Other sites|
|Ray of Hope||5% boost to healing.
20% boost to healing cap.
100% boost to restored HP amount upon revival.Also affects summons such as Europa and on MC.
Reduces 's cooldown by 2 turns.
Gain upon using .
|Timeless Teachings||Immunity to.|
|Base Multiattack Rates|
|Base DA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses||4%||Base TA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses||1%|
|Recommended Extended Mastery Perks|
Extended Mastery Skills:
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown in Turns||DurDuration in Turns or Seconds||SubSubskill usable on other classes||LVLClass level required||Notes|
|Panacea III||Restore HP to all parties (Healing cap: 3000 [1500 for other parties]).||5T||-||No||1|
Extended Mastery Skills
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown||DurDuration||EMPCost in EMP||Notes|
|Blessing II||350%-500% Light damage to all foes.
|Dispel Deluge||Remove 1 buff from all foes.||5T||-||25|
|Peace of Mind||Remove 1 debuff from all allies.
All allies gain .
For most players, Sage will be the ideal first Row IV due to its versatility: Panacea and Veil (or Dispel, where relevant) are very powerful in almost every battle and for almost every team, allowing the remaining subskills to be tailored for individual situations.
- lasts until consumed and can block multiple debuffs at a time, effectively negating the debuff component of many battles.
- is simply an all-foe version of Bishop's and an alternative to Veil for the mandatory Extended Mastery Skill.
- is usually worse than due to its longer cooldown and it not being raid-wide, but has niche value as an Extended Mastery alternative to Veil, or in battles where multiple debuff removal skills are desired.
In practice, Veil, Holy Saber and Spartan) is one of the best classes with which to legitimately contribute to difficult high-level raids. As Panacea can keep teams alive almost indefinitely with damage cut from characters and summons, Sage is no less resilient in solo content, and even its offensive capabilities are respectable due to the Ray of Hope passive, guaranteed triple-attacks from Double Trouble, and the flexibility to safely dip into Enmity or maintain Stamina via Panacea.immunity, and potentially even (via / ) make Sage an excellent raid support, capable of reliably offering Panacea, Clarity, Dispel, or other skills as needed. Even for players with under-developed grids, Sage (along with
Sage's one weakness is that it doesn't strictly offer anything that cannot be replicated by other characters or summons in solo play. Therefore, players whose characters already bring Veil, Dispel, and powerful healing may wish to prioritize more offensive classes such as Chaos Ruler or Elysian.
Notable Main Weapons
Sage has strong choices of a variety of staves and spears for each element. There is not necessarily a need for a Sage to wield a staff or spear that interacts with its healing abilities at all, and many players may just choose a strong offensive spear or staff that goes well with the rest of their team. Still, a player may find use for healing-centric main weapons in select circumstances.
- The Class Champion Weapon significantly improves healing potential for the class. The MC also gains access to , which when combined with allows bypassing certain boss triggers. Its strength is somewhat counterbalanced by weak emblems.
- Saint's Humanity - 25% resistance to debuffs is a decent amount, but it is of extremely limited use since it is limited to protecting the MC.
- Saint's Divinity - Improves the strength of the shield from White Wall to a decent 2000 on a 6 turn cooldown, which is better than some characters. The best emblem for normal use, though still not an amazing choice.
- Saint's Devilry - Transforms from being nearly useless into a minor damage reduction, but it is doubtful whether it is worth spending an emblem on it.
Other spears and staves that directly benefit or directly benefit from Sage's healing when wielded as a main weapon include:
- - Applies a strong stacking attack buff to the party each time a green-border skill (healing etc) is used. Sage has access to several of this type of skill and thus can power up the party relatively easily.
- ⚠️This weapon is acquired from the Premium Draw. It will require the use of duplicate copies or Damascus Ingots to uncap to its full potential. It may be difficult to get this weapon in the first place, and will be expensive to bring to its full power. Consider whether you can use a farmable replacement instead. - Boosts healing power and healing cap of the MC after a charge attack. Also includes a bonus shield at the start of a fight. ⚠️
- ⚠️This weapon is acquired from the Premium Draw. It will require the use of duplicate copies or Damascus Ingots to uncap to its full potential. It may be difficult to get this weapon in the first place, and will be expensive to bring to its full power. Consider whether you can use a farmable replacement instead. - Boosts healing power and healing cap of the MC after a charge attack. ⚠️
- - The Drain and Refresh effects from this spear can recover the HP lost from tanking hits.