|Class line||Ranger ⇢ Archer ⇢ Sidewinder ⇢ Nighthound|
|Description||Use keen senses combined with tactical ingenuity to intercept and neutralize the enemy.|
|Level BonusesLevel bonuses are earned with levels 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20.||
|Completion Bonuses||Skill DMG +1% and Dodge +1%|
|Release date||2016-12-20||Other sites|
|Night Hunter||Immunity to
5% boost to ATKUnique modifier against debuffed enemies.
|Target||200% boost to's damage and reduce its cooldown by 1 turn.|
|Abrupt Shot||Unlocks at Master Level 20:
When Sub Ally: Elemental damage to all foes upon any chain burst activation (Damage cap: ~800,000).
|Master Level BonusesRequirements to unlock Master Levels|
|Total Master Level Bonuses|
| ATK +2200
Skill DMG +12%
Skill DMG Cap +20%
New Support Skill: Abrupt Shot
Skill Upgrade: Evasive Maneuvers
Alternate color class outfits
|Ultimate Mastery Level BonusesRequirements to unlock Ultimate Mastery|
- 1 Skills
- 2 Extended Mastery Skills
- 3 Gameplay Notes
- 4 Resources
- 5 Alternate Colors
- 6 Assessment
- 7 References
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown in Turns||DurDuration in Turns or Seconds||SubSubskill usable on other classes||LVLClass level required||Notes|
|Evasive Maneuvers||800% elemental damage to a foe (Damage cap: ~630,000).
Gain , , and .
At level 30:
Now hits all foes.
Damage increased to 1000% (Damage cap: ~1,160,000).
Upgrade to .
|5T||1T||No||1||will only trigger once even if you dodge multiple times in a single turn.|
Extended Mastery Skills
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown||DurDuration||EMPCost in EMP||Notes|
|Tactical Relocation||Switch positions of any two allies.||20T||30|
|Frequency Jam||All allies gain and .||7T||2T||20|
|Twilight Zone||field.to the||16T||180s||30||When superior element: 30% Elem ATK Up for Fire, Water, Earth, and Wind attacks.|
|Judicious Shot||300% elemental damage to all foes (Damage cap: ~660,000).
|Time On Target||300% elemental DMG to a foe (Damage cap: ~440,000).
Inflict a random debuff.
(Number of hits and debuffs increased based on number of bow and gun-specialty allies / Max: 6.)
|15T||-||50||See Gameplay Notes.|
Ultimate Mastery Skills
- Requires Ultimate Mastery Lvl 6.
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown||DurDuration||MaterialsMaterials consumed to learn||Notes|
|Homing Beacon||Inflicton a foe. (Can't recast.)||-||-|
|Rearguard Relocation||Switch positions with a sub ally for 5 turns.
When switching with an ally:
Switched ally gains .
All other allies gain .
3 turns3-turn cooldown at start of battle. /
10 turns10-turn cooldown upon use.
Time On Target
- The amount of hits and debuffs equal the total number of Bow- and Gun-specialty allies in the party, including sub allies (Max: 6).
- The following debuffs can be inflicted:
- can overwrite even though its duration is shorter.
- Damage dealt is based on the attributes of the character in first position.
- Stacks with similar support skills like or 's , 's
has the following effects every 3 turns:
- Deal 5-hit Plain damage to a foe (Damage cap: 222,222 per hit)
- Remove 1 buff
grants the following effects:
- Can't normal attack
- Upon using charge attack: Grants to the ally in the next position
- Into Hiding effect
- At end of turn if no damage has been taken:
- Deal 1000% elemental damage to a foe (Damage cap: ~1,160,000)
-  also increases normal attack damage cap to ~1,160,000 and C.A. damage cap by 30%.
- The strength of Assassin buffs is reduced to 2/3 effectiveness when used with charge attacks.
-  grants the following effects:
- Reddit Class Discussion (2019-10-18)
- Reddit Class Discussion (2020-04-18) (post-March 2020 EMP Update)
- Reddit Class Discussion (2022-10-05) (post-Master Level Update)
- Reddit Class Discussion (2023-11-29) (post-Ultimate Mastery Update)
|This section contains subjective remarks about this class.|
Relevancy of information and recommended weapons can quickly change over time.
Use substantial discretion before heavily investing resources.
Nighthound is a unique class due to the ability to swap around party members. Since many MC classes provide valuable utility and/or damage, it is hard to justify using Nighthound which brings neither. Currently, Ultimate Mastery has not yet been released for Nighthound so the class's usage may change in the future.
Notable Main Weapon Options
Class Champion Weapon Overview
|Maverick has very niche use in certain hard raid solos such as Lucilius HL. Outside of these cases, the weapon is not recommended as a main weapon. None of the emblems provide anything noteworthy.|
|Shadowhound's NatureWhen main weapon: Enhance 's effect / Also gain Substitute effect upon using|
|Shadowhound's HumanityWhen main weapon: 20% boost to Skill DMG cap (MC only)|
|Shadowhound's DivinityWhen main weapon: Gain 20% Bonus Elemental DMG effect against foes with (MC only)|
|Shadowhound's DevilryWhen main weapon: 15% boost to DA rate and 10% boost to TA rate for all allies while is in effect|
Main Weapon Options
Since Nighthound is focused on swapping out for other party members, main weapon choice is rarely relevant. Use a weapon that serves as a good gridpiece.
- zekasyuz, https://twitter.com/zekasyuz/status/811226164870004737
- Hecate_mk2 Judicious Shot, https://twitter.com/Hecate_mk2/status/976780680100175873
- jpokiehl EX II, https://twitter.com/jpokiehl/status/976795535137845249
- GameWith, Nighthound. https://グランブルーファンタジー.gamewith.jp/article/show/47045
- Midokuni, Assassin on Ougi. User:Midokuni/Notepad/Assassin_on_Ougi