|Class line||Ranger ⇢ Archer ⇢ Sidewinder ⇢ Nighthound|
|Description||Use keen senses combined with tactical ingenuity to intercept and neutralize the enemy.|
|Level BonusesLevel bonuses are earned with levels 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20.||
|Master Bonuses||Skill DMG +1% and Dodge +1%|
|Night Hunter||Immunity to
5% boost to ATKUnique modifier against debuffed enemies.
|Target||200% boost to
's damage. |
's cooldown reduced by 1 turn.
|Base Multiattack Rates|
|Base DA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses||4%||Base TA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses||1%|
|Recommended Extended Mastery Perks|
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown in Turns||DurDuration in Turns or Seconds||SubSubskill usable on other classes||LVLClass level required||Notes|
|Evasive Maneuvers||Deal 800% elemental damage to one foe and gain, , and .||5T||1T||No||1||
will deal elemental damage and inflict on all foes. |
Even if you dodge multiple times it only triggers once.
Extended Mastery Skills
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown||DurDuration||EMPCost in EMP||Notes|
|Tactical Relocation||Switch positions of any two allies of your choice.||20T||30|
|Frequency Jam||All allies gain and .||7T||2T||20|
|Twilight Zone||Deploy the field effect.||16T||180s||30||When superior element: 30% Elem ATK Up for Fire, Water, Earth, and Wind attacks.|
|Judicious Shot||300% elemental damage to all foes. (Damage cap: ~660,000.)
Nighthound is a support class which offers some unique utilities, but is generally a very low priority Row IV class due to being outperformed by most other classes in most fights.
- is a respectable nuke and useful for protecting the main character, but the can be unreliable. Combined with , however, it becomes a powerful defensive tool for the entire team, as well as guaranteeing the and secondary nuke activation
- Change) are Nighthound's most unique utilities, allowing the front-line to be changed mid-battle. This can enable some extremely niche and creative strategies, especially when turn-efficiency is important, but is generally not worth the real-time involved compared to playing/racing normally, especially given the prohibitively long cool-down of Tactical Relocation. That said, it does see moderate use for one-turn-kill strategies, especially in conjunction with or 3★ (and
- is moderately powerful, especially against multi-hit attacks or when stacked with other forms of , but the fairly weak and extremely low uptime make it much weaker than the EX skills of most other Row IV classes.
- Ultimate Bahamut due to requiring elemental advantage. is the main reason for taking Nighthound, often providing 30% Elemental ATK to an entire raid for 3 minutes with one button press. Unfortunately, it does not affect Light and Dark or work against Non-Elemental enemies such as
Fortunately, Nighthound becomes much more competitive when equipped with its class weapon, Weapon Skill, and the Emblem of Devilry adds a modest team-wide multi-attack boost to Twilight Zone, something Nighthound previously lacked. Altogether this makes Nighthound much more consistent and allows it to offer value comparable to the more popular Row IVs. That said, 5★ Class Weapon are a significant investment and only improve one element at a time.. The passive effect of Maverick applies on Evasive Maneuvers without sacrificing a sub-skill, the on the charge attack compensate for the lack of an offensive
|I||Fighter • Knight • Priest • Wizard • Thief • Enhancer • Grappler • Ranger • Harpist • Lancer|
|II||Warrior • Sentinel • Cleric • Sorcerer • Raider • Arcana Dueler • Kung Fu Artist • Archer • Bard • Dragoon|
|III||Weapon Master • Holy Saber • Bishop • Hermit • Hawkeye • Dark Fencer • Ogre • Sidewinder • Superstar • Valkyrie • Gladiator|
|IV||Berserker • Spartan • Sage • Warlock • Bandit Tycoon • Chaos Ruler • Luchador • Nighthound • Elysian • Apsaras • Chrysaor|
|EX I||Alchemist • Ninja • Samurai • Sword Master • Gunslinger • Mystic • Assassin • Drum Master • Dancer • Mechanic|
|EX II||Doctor • Runeslayer • Kengo • Glorybringer • Soldier • Nekomancer • Tormentor|
References[edit | edit source]
- hiroXgbf http://hiroxgbf.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-7.html
- zekasyuz, https://twitter.com/zekasyuz/status/811226164870004737
- Hecate_mk2 Judicious Shot, https://twitter.com/Hecate_mk2/status/976780680100175873
- jpokiehl EX II, https://twitter.com/jpokiehl/status/976795535137845249