|Class line||Ranger ⇢ Archer ⇢ Sidewinder ⇢ Nighthound|
|Description||Use keen senses combined with tactical ingenuity to intercept and neutralize the enemy.|
|Level BonusesLevel bonuses are earned with levels 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20.||
|Completion Bonuses||Skill DMG +1% and Dodge +1%|
|Release date||2016-12-20||Other sites|
|Night Hunter||Immunity to
5% boost to ATKUnique modifier against debuffed enemies.
|Target||200% boost to's damage and reduce its cooldown by 1 turn.|
|Abrupt Shot||Unlocks at Master Level 20:
When Sub Ally: Elemental damage to all foes upon any chain burst activation (Damage cap: ~800,000).
|Base Multiattack Rates|
|Base DA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses||4%||Base TA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses||1%|
|Recommended Extended Mastery Perks|
|Master Level BonusesRequirements to unlock Master Levels|
|Total Master Level Bonuses|
| ATK +2200
Skill DMG +12%
Skill DMG Cap +20%
New Support Skill: Abrupt Shot
Skill Upgrade: Evasive Maneuvers
Alternate color class outfits
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown in Turns||DurDuration in Turns or Seconds||SubSubskill usable on other classes||LVLClass level required||Notes|
|Evasive Maneuvers||800% elemental damage to a foe (Damage cap: ~630,000).
Gain , , and .
At level 30:
Now hits all foes.
Damage increased to 1000% (Damage cap: ~1,160,000).
Upgrade to .
|5T||1T||No||1||will only trigger once even if you dodge multiple times in a single turn.|
Extended Mastery Skills
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown||DurDuration||EMPCost in EMP||Notes|
|Tactical Relocation||Switch positions of any two allies of your choice.||20T||30|
|Frequency Jam||All allies gain and .||7T||2T||20|
|Twilight Zone||field.to the||16T||180s||30||When superior element: 30% Elem ATK Up for Fire, Water, Earth, and Wind attacks.|
|Judicious Shot||300% elemental damage to all foes (Damage cap: ~660,000).
|Time On Target||300% elemental DMG to a foe (Damage cap: ~440,000).
Inflict a random debuff.
(Number of hits and debuffs increased based on number of bow and gun-specialty allies / Max: 6.)
|15T||-||50||See Gameplay Notes.|
Time On Target
- The amount of hits and debuffs equal the total number of Bow- and Gun-specialty allies in the party, including sub allies (Max: 6).
- The following debuffs can be inflicted:
- can overwrite even though its duration is shorter.
- Damage dealt is based on the attributes of the character in first position.
- Stacks with similar support skills like or 's , 's
Nighthound is a support class which offers moderate power in comparison to other Row IV classes, but provides unique strength for Ultima Gun/Bow or Hollowsky Bow teams, adds significant raid-wide damage against tetra-elemental enemies, and enables several otherwise impossible strategies for One-Turn Kill teams.
- is a respectable nuke and useful for protecting the main character, but the can be unreliable. Combined with , however, it becomes a powerful defensive tool for the entire team, as well as guaranteeing the and secondary nuke activation. Best used against enemies with powerful single-target charge attacks by taking or using .
- is an upgraded form of , allowing any slot on the front-line to be changed mid-battle. This can enable some extremely niche and creative strategies, especially when turn-efficiency is important, but given the prohibitively long cool-down of Tactical Relocation it is unlikely you will change positions more than 1-2 times in a single fight. is most used for one-turn-kill strategies, such as Enmity grids in combination with . is also sometimes used to reset the cooldown to move multiple team members quickly for more strategic flexibility.
- is moderately powerful, especially against multi-hit attacks or when stacked with other forms of , but the fairly weak and extremely low uptime make it much weaker than the EX skills of most other Row IV classes.
- Ultimate Bahamut due to requiring elemental advantage. Only one Nighthound in a raid should take this skill - any more would be wasteful. is the main reason for taking Nighthound, often providing 30% Elemental ATK to an entire raid for 3 minutes with one button press. Unfortunately, it does not affect Light and Dark or work against Non-Elemental enemies such as
- is useful primarily for the DEF Down, but is also a decent nuke on a relatively short cooldown. Players that do not require the debuff should consider bringing one of Nighthound's unique utility skills instead.
- specifically benefits Gun/Bow parties, providing a very strong nuke and a multiplicity of debuffs. Requires a full gun/bow team (including sub-allies) to be most effective. Using this skill will immediately empower a followup use of . Its only major downside is the very long 15 turn cooldown.
Notable Main Weapons
Nighthound can work well with most guns and bows, though if taking subskills with long cooldowns such asand a weapon that cuts skill cooldown times on charge attack may be helpful.
increases Nighthound's defensive power and flexibility by applying on without sacrificing a sub-skill slot. The charge attack provides mostly reliable but weak crit buffs to the whole party, and will have decent uptime due to the uplift bonus provided when using .
- Shadowhound's Humanity - An extra 20% skill cap up is strong in combination with and . Keep in mind this boost is for the MC only - other allies are unaffected, unlike some other skill cap raising weapons.
- Shadowhound's Divinity - Provides a small amount of Bonus Damage to the MC when an enemy is marked by . Requires you to commit to taking (a skill that does no damage and provides no debuffing effect) and provides very little damage in return for the cost.
- Shadowhound's Devilry - Improves further by giving a small multiattack boost to your party for the full length of . The best option if you are not bringing damage skills on the MC, and maybe the best option then as well.
- 🛑This weapon requires many Gold Moons to acquire, and will realistically involve the use of several Damascus Ingots to uncap to its full potential. Think very carefully before making the heavy commitment to acquiring this weapon! - very strong and very expensive (requires 100 🛑Gold Moons), Hercules doubles each skill use by the MC when uncapped, cuts skill cooldowns on charge attack, and gives a major boost to skill damage too. Best paired with a friend summon , a full Bow/Gun team, , and many nuke skills.
- - for light gun/bow teams taking . Provides supplemental damage on critical hits. It helps with this by providing a small chance of large crits as a skill, and the charge attack gives a large boost to crit chance for the party. Best paired with other sources of crit such as , EMP skills and further crit skills in grid, along with multi-hit skills to provide more chances for crits to happen.
- - Supplements skill damage and also cuts cooldown times with every charge attack. Much cheaper option than which has the same skill cooldown cut effect.
- - Boosts all allies' skill damage and skill damage cap when wielded as a main weapon and cooldown cut to damage skills on charge attack.
- - Boosts Wind allies' skill damage and skill damage cap when wielded as a main weapon.
- - Provides a significant boost to skill power after a charge attack, but only for the MC.
- - Cuts skill cooldowns for the MC on charge attack.
- - Boosts skill damage for the MC when wielded as a main weapon. Much cheaper option than with Shadowhound's Humanity.
- Reddit Class Discussion (2019-10-18)
- Reddit Class Discussion (2020-04-18) (post-March 2020 EMP Update)
- Reddit Class Discussion (2022-10-05) (post-Master Level Update)
- hiroXgbf http://hiroxgbf.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-7.html
- zekasyuz, https://twitter.com/zekasyuz/status/811226164870004737
- Hecate_mk2 Judicious Shot, https://twitter.com/Hecate_mk2/status/976780680100175873
- jpokiehl EX II, https://twitter.com/jpokiehl/status/976795535137845249