|Class line||Ranger ⇢ Archer ⇢ Sidewinder ⇢ Nighthound|
|Description||Use keen senses combined with tactical ingenuity to intercept and neutralize the enemy.|
|Level BonusesLevel bonuses are earned with levels 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20.||
|Master Bonuses||Skill DMG +1% and Dodge +1%|
|Night Hunter||Immunity to
5% boost to ATKUnique modifier against enemies with debuff.
|Target||Increases the effectiveness of Bullseye Run and reduces its cooldown by 1 turn.||Base Multiattack Rates|
|Base DA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses||4%||Base TA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses||1%|
|Recommended Extended Mastery Perks|
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown in Turns||DurDuration in Turns or Seconds||SubSubskill usable on other classes||LVLClass level required||Notes|
|Evasive Maneuvers||Deal 800% damage to one foe and gain
, and . ||5T||1T||No||1||The Bonus Effect on Dodge will deal Elemental damage and inflict
on all foes.|
Even if you dodge multiple times it only triggers once.
Extended Mastery Skills
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown||DurDuration||EMPCost in EMP||Notes|
|Tactical Relocation||Switch positions of any two allies||20T||30|
|Frequency Jam||All allies gainand .||7T||2T||20|||
|Twilight Zone||Deploy the field effect.||16T||180s||30||
When superior element, damage is boosted for fire, water, earth and wind attacks (increases elemental modifier by 30%).
|Judicious Shot||300% Elemental DMG to all foes (Damage cap: ~660,000) and inflict 25% Elemental DEF loweredBase accuracy: 100%.||5T||25|
Nighthound is a support class which offers some unique utilities, but is generally a very low priority Row IV class due to being outperformed by most other classes in most fights.
- Evasive Maneuvers is a respectable nuke and useful for protecting the main character, but the can be unreliable. Combined with , however, it becomes a powerful defensive tool for the entire team, as well as guaranteeing the and secondary nuke activation
- Tactical Relocation (and Change) are Nighthound's most unique utilities, allowing the front-line to be changed mid-battle. This can enable some extremely niche and creative strategies, especially when turn-efficiency is important, but is generally not worth the real-time involved compared to playing/racing normally, especially given the prohibitively long cool-down of Tactical Relocation. That said, it does see moderate use for one-turn-kill strategies, especially in conjunction with Zooey (Summer) or 3★
- Frequency Jam is moderately powerful, especially against multi-hit attacks or when stacked with other forms of , but the fairly weak and extremely low uptime make it much weaker than the EX skills of most other Row IV classes.
- Twilight Zone is the main reason for taking Nighthound, often providing 30% Elemental ATK to an entire raid for 3 minutes with one button press. Unfortunately, it does not affect Light and Dark or work against Non-Elemental enemies such as Ultimate Bahamut due to requiring elemental advantage.
Fortunately, Nighthound becomes much more competitive when equipped with it's class weapon, Weapon Skill, and the Emblem of Devilry adds a modest team-wide multi-attack boost to Twilight Zone, something Nighthound previously lacked. Altogether this makes Nighthound much more consistent and allows it to offer value comparable to the more popular Row IVs. That said, 5★ Class Weapon are a significant investment and only improve one element at a time.. The passive effect of Maverick applies on Evasive Maneuvers without sacrificing a sub-skill, the on the charge attack compensate for the lack of an offensive
|I||Fighter • Knight • Priest • Wizard • Thief • Enhancer • Grappler • Ranger • Harpist • Lancer|
|II||Warrior • Sentinel • Cleric • Sorcerer • Raider • Arcana Dueler • Kung Fu Artist • Archer • Bard • Dragoon|
|III||Weapon Master • Holy Saber • Bishop • Hermit • Hawkeye • Dark Fencer • Ogre • Sidewinder • Superstar • Valkyrie • Gladiator|
|IV||Berserker • Spartan • Sage • Warlock • Bandit Tycoon • Chaos Ruler • Luchador • Nighthound • Elysian • Apsaras • Chrysaor|
|EX I||Alchemist • Ninja • Samurai • Sword Master • Gunslinger • Mystic • Assassin • Drum Master • Dancer • Mechanic|
|EX II||Doctor • Runeslayer • Kengo • Glorybringer • Soldier • Nekomancer|
- hiroXgbf http://hiroxgbf.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-7.html
- Hecate_mk2 Judicious Shot https://twitter.com/Hecate_mk2/status/976780680100175873
- jpokiehl EX II https://twitter.com/jpokiehl/status/976795535137845249