|Class line||Wizard ⇢ Sorcerer ⇢ Hermit ⇢ Warlock|
|Description||Approach the limits of mortal knowledge and obtain world-rattling powers of destruction.|
|Level BonusesLevel bonuses are earned with levels 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20.||
|Master Bonuses||ATK +1% and Skill DMG +2%|
|Release date||2016-06-28||Other sites|
|Arcane Master||20% boostAdditive modifier to skill damage.
30% boost to .
's cooldown reduced.
|Metaphysics||Boost to skill damage cap.|
|Base Multiattack Rates|
|Base DA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses||7%||Base TA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses||3%|
|Recommended Extended Mastery Perks|
|Debuff Success (vital for landing), Attack, Double Attack Up|
Extended Mastery Skills:
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown in Turns||DurDuration in Turns or Seconds||SubSubskill usable on other classes||LVLClass level required||Notes|
|Aether Blast III||400%-500% elemental damage to all foes.||5T||-||No||1|
Extended Mastery Skills
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown||DurDuration||EMPCost in EMP||Notes|
|Dark Haze||Inflict, , , and on all foes.||5T||180s||30|
|Aether Bane||Inflicton a foe.||5T||-||10|
|Chaser||All allies gain.||7T||3T||25|
|Resounding Chant||300% elemental damage to all foes (Damage cap: ~400,000).
All allies gain .
(Boost to damage, damage cap, and charge bar effect based on number of staff-specialty allies.)
3 turns3-turn cooldown at start of battle. /
12 turns12-turn cooldown upon use.
|-||50||See Gameplay Notes.|
- Elemental damage and charge bar boost are based on the total number of Staff-specialty allies in the party, including sub allies.
|Staff Allies||Elemental DMG|
|1||300% (Damage cap: ~400,000)||20%|
|2||600% (Damage cap: ~800,000)||40%|
|3||900% (Damage cap: ~1,200,000)||60%|
|4||1200% (Damage cap: ~1,600,000)||80%|
|5||1500% (Damage cap: ~2,000,000)||100%|
|6||1800% (Damage cap: ~2,400,000)||120%|
Warlock is an alternative to Chaos Ruler, primarily for players seeking a source of or who can effectively utilize Chaser.
- deals more damage compared to , but does not apply Delay.
- consistently applies a strong compared to 's random (but potentially very powerful) debuffs. Note also that because Warlock lacks Chaos Ruler's Debuff Success level bonuses, Dark Haze is more likely to Miss.
- can indirectly raise the normal attack damage cap and capitalize on damage bursts (such as Assassin skills) by providing the team with . It is the primary reason to use Warlock over Chaos Ruler, but usually requires a team to already be operating near the damage cap, as well as considerable DA/TA to fully optimize.
- Tiamat Omega Impossible or Grand Order. is rarely optimal for difficult content, but is excellent for accumulating honors when MVP racing by attacking multiple foes at a time, such as in
- is terrible as the damage increase is not significant and Aether Blast will usually hit its damage cap regardless.
- is an excellent option for teams.
For most players, Warlock should be a lower priority than Chaos Ruler because of the importance of landing ATK/DEF Down and the value of Delay in many fights, but Warlock can be the better choice for players who can use both Chaser and Dark Haze, or for providing both a direct Blind and backup ATK/DEF Down in HL content where a Chaos Ruler is already present.
Notable Main Weapons
Warlock does not have any real main weapon dependence, and can take whatever weapon suits the fight and team.
- is significantly worse than many other class champion weapons, due to its focus being on Warlock's relatively poor damage skills. Its value improves if the rest of your team relies on skill damage, however, due to the partywide buff to skill specs on charge attack. The only emblem worth considering is Arcanist's Devilry, which will extend the duration of .
- is of use for teams taking .
- Reddit Class Discussion (2019-09-20)
- Reddit Class Discussion (2020-04-16) (post-March 2020 EMP Update)
|I||Fighter • Knight • Priest • Wizard • Thief • Enhancer • Grappler • Ranger • Harpist • Lancer|
|II||Warrior • Sentinel • Cleric • Sorcerer • Raider • Arcana Dueler • Kung Fu Artist • Archer • Bard • Dragoon|
|III||Weapon Master • Holy Saber • Bishop • Hermit • Hawkeye • Dark Fencer • Ogre • Sidewinder • Superstar • Valkyrie • Gladiator|
|IV||Berserker • Spartan • Sage • Warlock • Bandit Tycoon • Chaos Ruler • Luchador • Nighthound • Elysian • Apsaras|
|Chrysaor • Lumberjack • Cavalier • Monk • Robin Hood|
|EX I||Alchemist • Ninja • Samurai • Sword Master • Gunslinger • Mystic • Assassin • Drum Master • Dancer • Mechanic|
|EX II||Doctor • Runeslayer • Kengo • Glorybringer • Soldier • Nekomancer • Tormentor • Rising Force|
- zekasyuz, https://twitter.com/zekasyuz/status/946586899719659521
- hiroXgbf, http://hiroxgbf.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-7.html
- Dashi, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18QlXwzSN0QpaW2kRg_t8VRELF8w2woWRyvR1zUTV-B8/edit?usp=sharing
- GameWith, Warlock. https://xn--bck3aza1a2if6kra4ee0hf.gamewith.jp/article/show/33949