|Class line||Wizard ⇢ Sorcerer ⇢ Hermit ⇢ Warlock|
|Description||Approach the limits of mortal knowledge and obtain world-rattling powers of destruction.|
Level BonusesLevel bonuses are earned with levels 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20.
|Master Bonuses||ATK +1% and Skill DMG +2%|
20% boostAdditive modifierto Skill DMG.
Boost to Laser Focus' effectiveness and reduces its cooldown.
|Metaphysics||Boost to Skill DMG cap.|
|Recommended Extended Mastery Perks|
|Attack, Debuff Success (vital for landing Dark Haze), Double Attack Up|
Extended Mastery Skills:
: Team-wide can be extremely powerful.
: Useful in battles against multiple enemies, especially when MVP racing.
: Nearly reaches DEF Down cap with Dark Haze.
: Quickly generate charge bar for powerful charge attacks (namely 's DA/TA buff).
C/DCooldown in Turns
DurDuration in Turns or Seconds
SubSubskill usable on other classes
LVLClass level required
|Aether Blast III||400%-500% Elemental damage to all enemies.||5T||-||No||1|
Extended Mastery Skills
EMPCost in EMP
|Dark Haze||Inflict, , and on all enemies.||5T||180s||30||Highest-level direct(see status page for details).|
|Aether Bane||Inflicton one enemy.||5T||-||10||Increases damage done by Aether Blast.
level increases for every Aether Blast cast. (Max lvl: 20)
|Chaser||All allies gain.||7T||3T||25|
AssessmentWarlock is an alternative to Chaos Ruler, primarily for players seeking a source of or who can effectively utilize Chaser.
- Aether Blast deals more (and all-enemy) damage compared to , but does not apply Delay.
- Dark Haze consistently applies a strong compared to 's random (but potentially very powerful) debuffs. Note also that because Warlock lacks Chaos Ruler's Debuff Success level bonuses, Dark Haze is more likely to Miss.
- Chaser can indirectly raise the normal attack damage cap and capitalize on damage bursts (such as Assassin skills) by providing the team with . It is the primary reason to use Warlock over Chaos Ruler, but usually requires a team to already be operating near the damage cap, as well as considerable DA/TA to fully optimize.
- Choke is rarely optimal for difficult content, but is excellent for accumulating honors when MVP racing by attacking multiple enemies at a time, such as in Grand Order or Luminiera Omega Impossible.
- Aether Bane is terrible as the damage increase is not significant and Aether Blast will usually hit its damage cap regardless.
For most players, Warlock should be a lower priority than Chaos Ruler because of the importance of landing ATK/DEF Down and the value of Delay in many fights, but Warlock can be the better choice for players who can use both Chaser and Dark Haze, or for providing both a direct Blind and backup ATK/DEF Down in HL content where a Chaos Ruler is already present.
|I||Fighter • Knight • Priest • Wizard • Thief • Enhancer • Grappler • Ranger • Harpist • Lancer|
|II||Warrior • Sentinel • Cleric • Sorcerer • Raider • Arcana Dueler • Kung Fu Artist • Archer • Bard • Dragoon|
|III||Weapon Master • Holy Saber • Bishop • Hermit • Hawkeye • Dark Fencer • Ogre • Sidewinder • Superstar • Valkyrie|
|IV||Berserker • Spartan • Sage • Warlock • Bandit Tycoon • Chaos Ruler • Luchador • Nighthound • Elysian • Apsaras|
|EX I||Alchemist • Ninja • Samurai • Sword Master • Gunslinger • Mystic • Assassin • Drum Master • Dancer • Mechanic|
|EX II||Glorybringer • Nekomancer|