|Class line||Enhancer ⇢ Arcana Dueler ⇢ Dark Fencer ⇢ Chaos Ruler|
|Description||Dominate the battlefield through disorder and masterfully devious tricks.|
|Level BonusesLevel bonuses are earned with levels 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20.||
|Master Bonuses||Debuff resistance +1% and Debuff success rate +1%|
|Release date||?||Other sites|
|Demolish||Boost to debuff success rate.
7% boost to debuff resistance.
|Hasty Action||1-turn cut to skill cooldowns.|
|Base Multiattack Rates|
|Base DA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses||7%||Base TA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses||3%|
|Recommended Extended Mastery Perks|
|Attack, Debuff Success|
Extended Mastery Skills:
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown in Turns||DurDuration in Turns or Seconds||SubSubskill usable on other classes||LVLClass level required||Notes|
|Stall III||Elemental damage to a foe.
Extended Mastery Skills
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown||DurDuration||EMPCost in EMP||Notes|
|Uprising||Target ally gains, , and .||8T||3T||30|
|Unpredictable||Inflict, , and a random debuff on all foes.||6T||180s||15||Random debuffs are:, , , , , , , and .|
|Chaos||Deploy the field effect, lowering all foes' and allies' debuff resistance every 60 seconds.
Debuff resistance lowered by 5% / 10% / 15%.
|16T||180s||20||With this effect, allies' and foes' debuff resistance is lowered and foes' special attack DMG is boosted.
The debuff resistance hit rate and the special attack DMG boost amount will be modified at 60 and 120 seconds.
|Absorption||All allies gain.||6T||2T||20||Heals 30% of the damage taken rounded down at the end of the turn.
Does not activate if the character dies before the end of the turn.
The random debuffs are:
- + (Common);
- (Common; stronger than Wizard-line ;
- (Rare; strongest charm in the game);
- (Very Rare);
- (Very Rare).
A strong generalist fighter with a focus on debuffing, Chaos Ruler is a direct improvement to Dark Fencer with added flexibility and power - combining the chance of unique strong debuffs ( or ) with whole-party survivability and sharp increases in power for a favored ally.
- is an excellent skill for dealing with bosses with strong charge attacks, and can help delay them enough to hit the end of Overdrive before the charge attack happens. Combine with for the best effect.
- is a direct upgrade to and the primary reason to play Chaos Ruler. It reliably provides 25% and in addition to one other random debuff. Most notable of them are and , which do not increase a boss' resistance to the normal versions of those debuffs, making them safe to apply at any time regardless of raid's debuff coordination.
- 's combines a good boost to double attack rates and a boost to charge bar gain to rapidly increase how many charge attacks a select character will do. The very strong will also significantly increase that character's power. Worth taking if you want a specific team member charge attacking much more often than normal.
- reduces the debuff resistance of all parties and foes while also increasing foe special attack DMG. Chaos should only be considered as a skill for very coordinated use to land certain status effects in fights where the enemy gains resistance over time. In any other fight it is likely to do more harm than good and not worth using. The Field lasts 180 seconds and amplifies over time, having a 10/20/30% effect at 0/60/120 seconds.
- So long as your allies do not die, this skill will heal back a good amount of the damage taken and greatly increase survivability. This skill should not be used on a boss that can inflict allies with as it will make things significantly worse!
Recommended Main Weapons
- is a leading contender to be used as the Chaos Ruler's mainhand weapon. It provides a strong party-wide boost to multiattack on charge attack, debuffs become easier to land for the whole party, and the MC can no longer have their skills sealed.
- Vigilante's Humanity - Boosts the MC's double attack depending on the enemy's debuff count. The MC mayhave trouble stacking debuffs quickly to enable this boost if you only bring , so bring a debuffer ally or more debuff EMP skills if you wish to pick this option.
- Vigilante's Divinity - Enhances to become a healing engine and damage boost for the whole party. Perfect for Stamina-based grids. Strong, but requires committing to bringing to all fights.
- Vigilante's Devilry - Provides a significant burst of charge bar to the target of , enabling even quicker access to a charge attack. Worth considering if you always take as a skill.
As the Chaos Ruler has both Dagger and Sword specialty, there are many strong weapon choices available, especially among swords. The class is a generalist, so there are no 'perfect fit' weapon candidates, but none are counterproductive for the class either. Experiment to find one that fits your team and the fight you are taking on.
- One weapon to note is the and its upgraded forms. Like it provides a party-wide multiattack boost on Charge Attack. The Four-Sky Blade's effect is already stronger in its base form and gets even further increased in its final, upgraded form. Original Sin, however, has better integration with the Chaos Ruler's skills.
- Supplemental Damage the more debuffs are present on the enemy, which Chaos Ruler can easily provide. gives a sabre/dagger team strong EX ATK up and an increase to debuff success rate. It also provides more
|I||Fighter • Knight • Priest • Wizard • Thief • Enhancer • Grappler • Ranger • Harpist • Lancer|
|II||Warrior • Sentinel • Cleric • Sorcerer • Raider • Arcana Dueler • Kung Fu Artist • Archer • Bard • Dragoon|
|III||Weapon Master • Holy Saber • Bishop • Hermit • Hawkeye • Dark Fencer • Ogre • Sidewinder • Superstar • Valkyrie • Gladiator|
|IV||Berserker • Spartan • Sage • Warlock • Bandit Tycoon • Chaos Ruler • Luchador • Nighthound • Elysian • Apsaras|
|Chrysaor • Lumberjack • Cavalier • Monk • Robin Hood|
|EX I||Alchemist • Ninja • Samurai • Sword Master • Gunslinger • Mystic • Assassin • Drum Master • Dancer • Mechanic|
|EX II||Doctor • Runeslayer • Kengo • Glorybringer • Soldier • Nekomancer • Tormentor • Rising Force|
- jpokiehl, Chaos Field. https://twitter.com/jpokiehl/status/885134326903390208
- hiroXgbf, http://hiroxgbf.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-7.html
- Dashi, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18QlXwzSN0QpaW2kRg_t8VRELF8w2woWRyvR1zUTV-B8/edit?usp=sharing
- zekasyuz, Absorption. https://twitter.com/zekasyuz/status/976806779932745728