|Class line||Enhancer ⇢ Arcana Dueler ⇢ Dark Fencer ⇢ Chaos Ruler|
|Description||Dominate the battlefield through disorder and masterfully devious tricks.|
Level BonusesLevel bonuses are earned with levels 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20.
|Master Bonuses||Debuff resistance +1% and Debuff success rate +1%|
|Demolish||Boost to debuff success rate / 7% Boost to debuff resistance|
|Hasty Action||Reduce skill-use turn by 1||Base Multiattack Rates|
Base DA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses
Base TA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses
|Recommended Extended Mastery Perks|
|Attack, Debuff Success|
Extended Mastery Skills:
: Increases frequency of powerful charge attacks for one ally.
: Nearly reaches DEF Down cap with Unpredictable.
: Reduces the frequency of enemy charge attacks.
: Alternative to Uprising for rushing the MC's charge attack.
C/DCooldown in Turns
DurDuration in Turns or Seconds
SubSubskill usable on other classes
LVLClass level required
|Stall III||Elemental damage to one enemy. Inflict.||5T||-||No||1|
Extended Mastery Skills
EMPCost in EMP
|Uprising||Target ally gains, and .||8T||3T||30|
|Unpredictable||Inflict, and 1 random debuff on all enemies.||6T||180s||15||Random debuffs include:
, , , , ,
|Chaos||Deploy the field effect, lowering all enemies' and allies' debuff resistance every 60 seconds.
Debuff resistance lowered by 5% / 10% / 15%.
With this effect, allies' and foes' debuff resistance is lowered and foes' special attack DMG is boosted. The debuff resistance hit rate and the special attack DMG boost amount will be modified periodically.
|Absorption||All allies gain.||6T||2T||20||Heals 30% of the damage taken rounded down at the end of the turn. Does not activate if the character dies before the end of the turn.|
Excellent for all the same reasons as Dark Fencer, with the added flexibility to omit Gravity and the chance to secure both solo and multiplayer battles when Unpredictable lands its unique Paralysis or Petrify.
- Unpredictable is a direct upgrade to Miserable Mist and the primary reason to play Chaos Ruler, reliably providing -25% ATK and DEF Down in addition to 1 other random debuff. Most notable are the random Paralysis and Petrify, which do not increase boss resistance to the normal versions of those debuffs, making them safe to apply at any time regardless of raid debuff coordination. The random debuffs provided are:
- + (Common)
- Blind) (Common; stronger than Wizard-line
- (Rare; strongest charm in the game)
- (Very Rare)
- (Very Rare)
- Uprising is good for boosting an ally's charge bar generation to increase the frequency of powerful charge attacks, such as Katalina (Grand)'s or the MC with Four-Sky Blade, but is often overshadowed by more standard subskills and never necessary due to Unpredictable fulfilling the EM skill requirement
- Chaos reduces the debuff resistance of all parties and foes while also increasing foe special attack DMG. Outside of very coordinated use to land certain status effects, it is likely to do more harm than good and usually not worth using. The Chaos Field lasts 180 seconds and amplifies over time, having a 10/20/30% effect at 0/60/120 seconds
Overall, Chaos Ruler augments one of the strongest Row III classes enough to be a high-priority Row IV class worthwhile for players looking to optimize Dark Fencer's kit for high-level content or expand its options for solo play.
|I||Fighter • Knight • Priest • Wizard • Thief • Enhancer • Grappler • Ranger • Harpist • Lancer|
|II||Warrior • Sentinel • Cleric • Sorcerer • Raider • Arcana Dueler • Kung Fu Artist • Archer • Bard • Dragoon|
|III||Weapon Master • Holy Saber • Bishop • Hermit • Hawkeye • Dark Fencer • Ogre • Sidewinder • Superstar • Valkyrie|
|IV||Berserker • Spartan • Sage • Warlock • Bandit Tycoon • Chaos Ruler • Luchador • Nighthound • Elysian • Apsaras|
|EX I||Alchemist • Ninja • Samurai • Sword Master • Gunslinger • Mystic • Assassin • Drum Master • Dancer • Mechanic|
|EX II||Runeslayer • Kengo • Glorybringer • Nekomancer|