|Class line||Lancer ⇢ Dragoon ⇢ Valkyrie ⇢ Apsaras|
|Description||Dance and flow along the currents of the winds as you glide your way to victory.|
|Level BonusesLevel bonuses are earned with levels 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20.||
|Master Bonuses||Inhibit Overdrive +1% and Double attack rate +1%|
|Release date||?||Other sites|
|Swim Like a Bird, Fly Like a Fish||5% boost to both ATKNormal modifier and DEF.
Spear: 10% boost to double attack rate and 5% boost to triple attack rate.
Axe: 80% bonus elemental damage for non-multiattacks.
|Crisis Blow||Boost to's damage.|
|Base Multiattack Rates|
|Base DA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses||20%||Base TA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses||15%|
|Recommended Extended Mastery Perks|
|Attack, DA Up, Debuff Success|
Extended Mastery Skills:
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown in Turns||DurDuration in Turns or Seconds||SubSubskill usable on other classes||LVLClass level required||Notes|
|Thunder on the Water||300% elemental damage to one enemy. (Damage cap: ~640,000.)
Spear: Inflict to one enemy in Break.
All parties gain .
Axe: Mode bar cut to one enemy in Overdrive.
All allies gain .
Extended Mastery Skills
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown||DurDuration||EMPCost in EMP||Notes|
|Swan Song||All parties gain
Spear: All parties gain .
Axe: All allies gain and .
|Dance of Zeal||Gain
All other allies gain and .
debuff can be removed with or other debuff removal skills.|
Veil does not circumvent self-inflicted debuffs.
|Springwater Robe||Gainand .||6T||3T||10|
|Crestfallen Flower||Gain 
Spear: All allies gain .
Axe: All allies gain .
|Lightning Strike||Spear-specialty allies gain
Axe-specialty allies gain .
|6T||1T / 3T||50|
Apsaras is a support class which boasts the one of the highest innate multiattack rates, right after Drum Master and Luchador and rivaled only by Runeslayer. Like the previous classes in its line, Apsaras has bonus effects in its skills that activate depending on whether an Axe or Spear is equipped as the main weapon. Equipping activates both Spear and Axe effects at once, including the class support skill, bringing them to their full potential. The EM skill is an alternative to Helmwige, but only affects the next applicable skill.
The class has a range of powerful main weapon options, such as Spartan, Cavalier and Sage), Apsaras is the most offense-oriented, Spartan provides the best defense against single-turn damage, Sage provides the best healing, and Cavalier (with a Spear) provides the strongest tanking and countering abilities against enemy normal attacks., or , but faces some competition in class options. Compared to the other high-level Spear-proficient classes (
In the Axe-specialty department, Apsaras' competition are Berserker and Lumberjack. While Apsaras carries a wider range of party-wide buffs, Berserker generally has better damage potential and its Sword proficiency is easier to build an Ultima or Hollowsky weapon team around. Lumberjack competes with Apsaras more directly as a support class, and while it needs more ramp-up time, its abilities are much better for solo play or long battles than Apsaras is.
: A serviceable skill, but its Axe effect is far better in the game's current state. Its inherent damage is decent, but not particularly notable. Some players may find themselves never using this skill outside of its axe effects.
- Spear: Most players who can unlock Apsaras will likely have grids strong enough to make useless, as it doesn't boost Skill DMG Cap. Many HL raids will reset mode bar at certain HP triggers, nullifying the effects of and lowering its value and Break states are far more likely to break to damage dealt anyway.
- Axe: is always helpful, and while the cut to mode bar is negligible, it scales slightly better into later-game raids with long Overdrive gauges. Be sure to use first for the extra charge bar gain if you take that skill.
: A useful support skill that affects all parties' charge bar gain. However, its low strength and lengthy cooldown makes it less desirable compared to skills with shorter cooldowns or character skills with stronger effects.
- Spear: A relatively reliable Crit buff is always welcome, but doesn't have any explicit synergy with other skills.
- Axe: Enjoys more synergy with 's Axe effect and provides some party utility via and .
is the most situational Extended Mastery Skill that depends heavily on the fight, your main weapon, and team.
- Its buff is strong, but only effects party members besides the MC. If you need a party-wide ATK up, may provide a lower effect, but it also has a lower cooldown, affects the MC as well as all other raid participants, and does not self-inflict DEF Down.
- Helmwige (Humanity) or True Conviction Flashspear's. However, Devotion's poor uptime (3 turns vs. its 8-turn cooldown) means you need other character abilities to fill in the gaps, and it cannot redirect damage from all-ally attacks. shines when the MC must not be hit in order to maintain a buff or trigger an effect, such as -style buffs or certain weapon skills such as
- Consider bringing or a character with debuff clearing abilities if you expect to take heavy damage.
- Helmwige, both modifiers are multiplied with each other, and the party's damage output becomes more well-rounded regardless of health. The skill is more useful against enemies that debuff your party upon using special attacks, as the party gains a 50% chance of avoiding the debuff. provides useful damage buffs but is hampered by its low values. Certain elements typically favor one buff or the other, making the skill pickier about your main weapon than Apsaras' other options. However, when used with or
- is useful as long as you don't have in that element—which means it's useful in most situations. is a slightly situational, but potentially very useful, bonus that works well with for negating single-target charge attacks or triggers.
- Ultima/Hollowsky weapons.
provides a burst of extra power for the whole team, provided your characters have Spear and/or Axe specialties. The skill can be used with a mixed Spear/Axe team, but shines as a way to provide power to single-weapon teams using
- The Spear effect lends itself to use in teams built around a burst turn, especially those with access to skill resets from summons like Qilin and Aphrodite. Spear teams using Lightning Strike should bring sources of Bonus Damage and Supplemental Damage for maximum effectiveness. ( , for example, shines for its passive Supplemental Damage when characters are above 80% HP.)
- The Axe effect provides a strong damage increase on a 50% uptime, but characters with Axe-specialty are relatively rare and few elements can build an all-Axe lineup.
- Unlike Apsaras' other skills, this skill doesn't require Helmwige or Springwater Robe; as long as the character has both weapon specialties, they will get both effects. That said, besides the MC who automatically qualifies, few characters are applicable for both effects.
Recommended Main Weapons
Apsaras' Class Champion Weaponallows its skills to reach their full potential, but suffers from rather dated Emblem effects that provide meager gains for their time and resource investment. Combined with other powerful, farmable options, and Apsaras is a class that can largely work without its CCW.
- Devilry: Also grants to other allies upon using Dance of Zeal. However, considering that Dance of Zeal is already a highly situational skill, it's a large investment for a single element.
- Divinity: Also grants upon using Swan Song. Because it does not grant a boost to C.A. DMG Cap, however, it scales poorly with player progression.
- Humanity: Boosts the Main Character's multiattack rate every turn (Ends upon taking damage). Can be combined with Dance of Zeal's and/or characters with innate boost to Hostility to draw attacks away from the MC. However, this emblem's overall effectiveness will vary greatly depending on the battle as well as the player's grid.
Alternatives to Helmwige:
- Xeno Ifrit Clash. The main perk of this weapon (even in its base form, Xeno Infernal Flamescythe) is its charge attack's party-wide and buffs (30% in True form, unknown amount for Xeno form). 's Axe effect can slightly increase True Infernal Flamescythe's chance. (Axe): A powerful, farmable weapon from
- Proving Grounds (Water enemies). It directly benefits from characters that have Axe specialty, as 's (Axe effect) increases damage dealt by countering. (Spear): A farmable weapon from
- Xeno Sagittarius Clash. Its second weapon skill notably works well with 's , and ramps up rather quickly so MC getting hit by a stray attack isn't too big of a deal. (Spear): A farmable weapon from
- Reddit Class Discussion (2019-07-23)
- Reddit Class Discussion (2020-04-23) (post-March 2020 EMP Update)
|I||Fighter • Knight • Priest • Wizard • Thief • Enhancer • Grappler • Ranger • Harpist • Lancer|
|II||Warrior • Sentinel • Cleric • Sorcerer • Raider • Arcana Dueler • Kung Fu Artist • Archer • Bard • Dragoon|
|III||Weapon Master • Holy Saber • Bishop • Hermit • Hawkeye • Dark Fencer • Ogre • Sidewinder • Superstar • Valkyrie • Gladiator|
|IV||Berserker • Spartan • Sage • Warlock • Bandit Tycoon • Chaos Ruler • Luchador • Nighthound • Elysian • Apsaras • Chrysaor • Lumberjack • Cavalier • Monk|
|EX I||Alchemist • Ninja • Samurai • Sword Master • Gunslinger • Mystic • Assassin • Drum Master • Dancer • Mechanic|
|EX II||Doctor • Runeslayer • Kengo • Glorybringer • Soldier • Nekomancer • Tormentor • Rising Force|
- firemagma, https://twitter.com/firemagma/status/824344316835295232
- hiroXgbf, http://hiroxgbf.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-7.html
- jpokiehl, EX II. https://twitter.com/jpokiehl/status/976795535137845249
- Hecate_Mk2, Crestfallen Flower. https://twitter.com/Hecate_mk2/status/976789377916354560
- Hecate_mk2, Lightning Strike https://twitter.com/Hecate_mk2/status/1237345334008754181?s=20