|Class line||Knight ⇢ Sentinel ⇢ Holy Saber ⇢ Spartan|
|Description||Cultivate athletic strength to exercise defensive skills with an offensive edge.|
|Level BonusesLevel bonuses are earned with levels 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20.||
|Master Bonuses|| DEF +1%
|Release date||?||Other sites|
|Aegis Boon||50% DMG cut if
is in effect. |
Gain upon using .
|Undauntable||Chance to cut DMG taken by 50%.
Chance to remove 1 debuff at turn start.
|Base Multiattack Rates|
|Base DA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses||7%||Base TA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses||3%|
|Recommended Extended Mastery Perks|
|Attack, HP, Debuff Success Rate|
Extended Mastery Skills:
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown in Turns||DurDuration in Turns or Seconds||SubSubskill usable on other classes||LVLClass level required||Notes|
|Phalanx III||All parties gainand .||5T||1T||No||1|
Extended Mastery Skills
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown||DurDuration||EMPCost in EMP||Notes|
(Consumes 30% of charge bar.)
|Centurion II||Target ally gains.||8T||3T||10|
Inflict on a foe.
A defensive-oriented class, Spartans excel at preventing and mitigating strong single-turn damage from enemy charge attacks. Spartans retain their utility all the way into end game, with parties of multiple Spartans taking turns preventing damage for the raid being a common tactic. Its only weakness is lower-value EMP skills compared to other classes.
- Damage Cut. Consider taking Carbuncles or another character with a shield skill that stacks with if the enemy will use a party wipe attack. is raid-wide as well. If all raid members co operate, skill use can be shared round-robin style so that the raid always operates under a 70% damage cut. Some late game raids have mechanics that ignore All-Element Damage Cut, so care should be taken before choosing to bring a Spartan to an end game raid. is great for surviving bosses' special attacks, with the added bonus of a debuff resistance boost. The damage cut is still 70%, like , and thus requires additional help to reach full
- provides some hostility-based protection to the rest of the party, but is very expensive in terms of charge bar cost relative to the benefit it gives. It can function as an additional when used with .
- has use to protect a party member whose buffs will be dispelled on hit or who is operating in red HP. It can also be combined with to provide a limited party invincibility to strong single-target attacks. Situationally useful, depending on the fight and team.
- provides a strong ATK up and Delay, which is a good combination for a single skill. The DEF down penalty is mitigated by the Spartan's innate DEF boost. is usually Spartan's leading pick for the mandatory EMP skill.
In most circumstances it is recommended to take the minimum required EMP skills and instead bring utility skills such asor . is also an option to provide more party protection as Aegis Boon will lessen how much it hurts the MC.
Recommended Main Weapons
- is a decent choice for a Spartan mainhand that synergises well with Stamina-based teams. Its charge attack provides a damage boost and shields to the whole team. Provides and has a chance to gain on every turn and Spartan's support skills will help mitigate some of the damage taken from that activation.
- Legionnaire's Humanity - Adds more HP to your MC. Always useful and provides a safety buffer to counteract the extra damage you'll be taking due to the random Substitute activations from the Xiphos's innate skill.
- Legionnaire's Divinity - Adds to -- turning the skill into an expensive with more defense and hostility for 2 extra turns. This will provide a 50% DMG Cut via Aegis Boon while is in effect.
- Legionnaire's Devilry - Enhances with shields, allowing the protection to extend beyond one turn. Useful for certain teams, but requires committing to as your skill of choice.
Given Spartan's defensive nature, it is best paired with Swords or Spears that heal the party, provide extra defensive options, or-like effects. Strong candidates include:
- Supplemental Damage once team members are above 80% health. requires a team of spear and katana users, but provides a significant amount of health regeneration power to the team on charge attack, as well as
- Supplemental Damage. helps turn random elemental damage into consistently mitigatable Water damage for an Earth team, as well as providing more power through its Massive ATK multiplier. Consider bringing or to help activate its stacking passive
- provides additional damage to your team as long as you keep the MC's health high, a Massive ATK multiplier, party-wide Uplift, and a strong blind for defensive purposes. Bringing a form of healing for the MC will help keep up the damage bonus.
- gives a strong Armored bonus to the whole team on charge attack, helping to reduce incoming damage. Lower damage than some other options, but its multiattack is decent and its crit multiplier can complement a developing crit-based Earth grid.
- provides a small but reliable Damage Cut on charge attack, which can help mitigate the damage on turns where is on cooldown.
- - and to the whole party on charge attack is a strong combination. The Unworldly ATK multiplier is the strongest EX multiplier available. Consider bringing a skill-damage heavy team to take advantage of the Skill Damage Cap Up.
- While in critical health, Lyria and Vyrn will appear to perform a shield wall with the Main Character. The effect is purely cosmetic.
- If Lyria is in the front row of the party, she will not join the shield wall.
|I||Fighter • Knight • Priest • Wizard • Thief • Enhancer • Grappler • Ranger • Harpist • Lancer|
|II||Warrior • Sentinel • Cleric • Sorcerer • Raider • Arcana Dueler • Kung Fu Artist • Archer • Bard • Dragoon|
|III||Weapon Master • Holy Saber • Bishop • Hermit • Hawkeye • Dark Fencer • Ogre • Sidewinder • Superstar • Valkyrie • Gladiator|
|IV||Berserker • Spartan • Sage • Warlock • Bandit Tycoon • Chaos Ruler • Luchador • Nighthound • Elysian • Apsaras|
|Chrysaor • Lumberjack • Cavalier • Monk • Robin Hood|
|EX I||Alchemist • Ninja • Samurai • Sword Master • Gunslinger • Mystic • Assassin • Drum Master • Dancer • Mechanic|
|EX II||Doctor • Runeslayer • Kengo • Glorybringer • Soldier • Nekomancer • Tormentor • Rising Force|