|Class line||Samurai ⇢ Kengo|
|Description||Become the dancing blade that cuts through all opposition in battle.|
- Clear Chapter 29 (42) Quest: You Have My Katana.
|Level BonusesLevel bonuses are earned with levels 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20.||
|Master Bonuses||ATK Boost to main weapon's ATK when main weapon is a katana +3%|
|Release date||?||Other sites|
|Shinku||Charge bar maximum is increased to 200%.|
|Unyou||Gainupon using charge attack.|
|Base Multiattack Rates|
|Base DA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses||4%||Base TA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses||1%|
|Recommended Extended Mastery Perks|
|Attack, Charge Attack Damage Up|
Extended Mastery Skills:
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown in Turns||DurDuration in Turns or Seconds||SubSubskill usable on other classes||LVLClass level required||Notes|
|One with the Blade||Gain and .||5T||3T||No||1||ends upon taking damage.|
Extended Mastery Skills
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown||DurDuration||EMPCost in EMP||Notes|
|Eagle Reversal||Gain .||6T||2T||30|
|No More Doubt||Gain
(Consumes 40% of charge bar.)
|Rending Flash||700% elemental damage to a foe (Damage cap: 820,000).
Gain and .
(Consumes 60% of charge bar.)
- ATK UpNormal modifier, C.A. DMG Up, and Multiattack Up, dependent on the amount of stacks. grants
- cannot be removed.
|Unyou stacks||ATK UpNormal modifier||C.A. DMG Up||DA and TA Up|
Kengo is a Charge Attack-based damage class comparable toand . Kengo prefers a slow-and-steady approach compared to its competitors, utilizing its 200% maximum charge bar to potentially Charge Attack twice in one turn.
- : is a powerful buff that guarantees double attacks and gives a 30% boost to triple attack rate as long as MC isn't hit. Due to that condition, you can maintain it almost indefinitely if you can keep MC from getting hit... but on the flip side, it loses much of its effectiveness against enemies with high multiattack rates or all-ally attacks.
- Summer Grea's Dragonheart, Grand Vira's Divine Weapon, etc, which can result in nine attacks and huge charge bar gain in a single turn. Alternatively, Kengo's own provides guaranteed double attacks and a good chance at triple attacks. : Extremely powerful when combined with guaranteed multiattack buffs like ,
- : A strong nuke combined with a massive buff to charge attack damage and cap. The charge bar can make it a bit cumbersome to use, but it lasts for three turns so it's often possible to empower multiple charge attacks with one use. Becomes less useful when the main character is already hitting the charge attack damage cap, however.
- : Rarely chosen due to Kengo not having any way to redirect attacks to itself, and because getting hit will cause you to lose . Could be useful against enemies that perform multiple or all-ally attacks, or if the party has some way to redirect hostility to the main character.
How to Play
Every time MC uses a Charge Attack, they gain 1 Chain Bursts are helpful but aren't necessary, so Kengo doesn't need to wait to C.A. with the rest of the party.(up to 5)—a permanent buff that further boosts their combat specs. Kengo synergizes well with multiattack buffs and charge bar speedups/generation that allow it to charge attack more. Generally,
Recommended Main Weapons
- Devilry EmblemAll allies gain upon MC using charge attack.: Best choice for regular use. Its C.A. effect gives +10% charge bar to all characters after MC, filling their gauges by at least 20% per C.A. (since Charge Attacks innately gives +10% charge bar to following characters). Devilry's party-wide is extremely beneficial for C.A.-based parties, especially when the party has a high MA rate.
- Note: Devilry's effect is treated as a character skill-sided buff and does not stack with similar effects from character skills, such as —the strongest effect takes precedence.
- In One-Turn Kill teams: While Kaneshige still works, weapons that provide party-wide buffs or bonus damage on C.A. may be more beneficial for OTK setups.
- When set as a main or support summon, 4★ 's call is the most reliable way to instantly reach 200% charge bar. Because its aura only affects Water allies, this strategy works best for Water teams but will be much less reliable, damage-wise, for other elements.
- 4★ gives 30% charge bar on call, which can be used to refill some charge bar lost by using or . However, for OTK purposes, only Water teams have instant access to her call.
|I||Fighter • Knight • Priest • Wizard • Thief • Enhancer • Grappler • Ranger • Harpist • Lancer|
|II||Warrior • Sentinel • Cleric • Sorcerer • Raider • Arcana Dueler • Kung Fu Artist • Archer • Bard • Dragoon|
|III||Weapon Master • Holy Saber • Bishop • Hermit • Hawkeye • Dark Fencer • Ogre • Sidewinder • Superstar • Valkyrie • Gladiator|
|IV||Berserker • Spartan • Sage • Warlock • Bandit Tycoon • Chaos Ruler • Luchador • Nighthound • Elysian • Apsaras|
|Chrysaor • Lumberjack • Cavalier • Monk • Robin Hood|
|EX I||Alchemist • Ninja • Samurai • Sword Master • Gunslinger • Mystic • Assassin • Drum Master • Dancer • Mechanic|
|EX II||Doctor • Runeslayer • Kengo • Glorybringer • Soldier • Nekomancer • Tormentor • Rising Force|
- hiroXgbf http://hiroxgbf.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-7.html
- Hecate_mk2, Kengo. https://twitter.com/Hecate_mk2/status/997064980468981761
- Great Sundome, https://twitter.com/greatsundome/status/997365245680140288
- I_never_fail, Kengo. https://twitter.com/I_never_fail/status/997101417914486784