|Class line||Samurai ⇢ Kengo|
|Description||Become the dancing blade that cuts through all opposition in battle.|
- Clear Chapter 29 (42) Quest: You Have My Katana.
|Level BonusesLevel bonuses are earned with levels 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20.||
|Master Bonuses||ATK Boost to main weapon's ATK when main weapon is a katana +3%|
|Release date||2018-05-17||Other sites|
|Shinku||Charge bar maximum is increased to 200%.|
|Unyou||Gainupon using charge attack.|
|Base Multiattack Rates|
|Base DA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses||4%||Base TA RateIncluding Support Skills/Level Bonuses||1%|
|Recommended Extended Mastery Perks|
|Attack, Charge Attack Damage Up|
Extended Mastery Skills:
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown in Turns||DurDuration in Turns or Seconds||SubSubskill usable on other classes||LVLClass level required||Notes|
|One with the Blade||Gain and .||5T||3T||No||1||ends upon taking damage.|
Extended Mastery Skills
|Icon||Skill Name||Effect||C/DCooldown||DurDuration||EMPCost in EMP||Notes|
|Eagle Reversal||Gain .||6T||2T||30|
|No More Doubt||Gain
(Consumes 40% of charge bar.)
|Rending Flash||700% elemental damage to a foe (Damage cap: 820,000).
Gain and .
(Consumes 60% of charge bar.)
- ATK UpNormal modifier, C.A. DMG Up, and Multiattack Up, dependent on the amount of stacks. grants
- cannot be removed.
|Unyou stacks||ATK UpNormal modifier||C.A. DMG Up||DA and TA Up|
Kengo is a Charge Attack-based damage class comparable toand . Kengo prefers a slow-and-steady approach compared to its competitors, utilizing its 200% maximum charge bar to potentially Charge Attack twice in one turn.
- : is a powerful buff that guarantees double attacks and gives a 30% boost to triple attack rate as long as MC isn't hit. Due to that condition, you can maintain it almost indefinitely if you can keep MC from getting hit... but on the flip side, it loses much of its effectiveness against enemies with high multiattack rates or all-ally attacks.
- Summer Grea's Dragonheart, Grand Vira's Divine Weapon, etc, which can result in nine attacks and huge charge bar gain in a single turn. Alternatively, Kengo's own provides guaranteed double attacks and a good chance at triple attacks. : Extremely powerful when combined with guaranteed multiattack buffs like ,
- : A strong nuke combined with a massive buff to charge attack damage and cap. The charge bar can make it a bit cumbersome to use, but it lasts for three turns so it's often possible to empower multiple charge attacks with one use. Becomes less useful when the main character is already hitting the charge attack damage cap, however.
- : Rarely chosen due to Kengo not having any way to redirect attacks to itself, and because getting hit will cause you to lose . Could be useful against enemies that perform multiple or all-ally attacks, or if the party has some way to redirect hostility to the main character.
How to Play
Every time MC uses a Charge Attack, they gain 1 Chain Bursts are helpful but aren't necessary, so Kengo doesn't need to wait to C.A. with the rest of the party.(up to 5)—a permanent buff that further boosts their combat specs. Kengo synergizes well with multiattack buffs and charge bar speedups/generation that allow it to charge attack more. Generally,
Notable Main Weapons
Kengo wants to be charge attacking as many times as possible, as often as possible. The best main weapons to suit Kengo for this purpose are bows or katanas that provide charge bar boosts or an increase to charge bar speed, charge attack power, or multiattack. Main weapons that can provide guaranteed triple attack are an excellent combo with.
If using Kengo for one-turn kill teams, then a different approach is preferable. Weapons with charge attacks that debuff the enemy DEF or buff the party attack specs are much better in that case. Boosts to charge bar or or multiattack will be useless as you will not be taking a second turn to use those buffs. If a weapon that buffs the party attack specs on charge attack is chosen, then Kengo's second charge attack that turn will become stronger due to the effect of the first charge attack.
: The Class Champion Weapon's C.A. effect gives +10% charge bar to all characters after MC, filling their gauges by at least 20% per C.A. (since Charge Attacks innately gives +10% charge bar to following characters). A very solid choice for medium-to-long fights in any element. (Note: While Kaneshige still works in One-Turn Kill teams (especially with Humanity Emblem), weapons that provide party-wide buffs or bonus damage on C.A. may be more beneficial for OTK setups.)
- Devilry EmblemAll allies gain upon MC using charge attack. Standout choice for regular use. Devilry's party-wide is extremely beneficial for C.A.-based parties, especially when the party has a high MA rate. Note: Devilry's effect is treated as a character skill-sided buff and does not stack with similar effects from character skills, such as —the strongest effect takes precedence.
- Humanity Emblem significantly improves Chain Burst effectiveness, but you must take care not to have the MC charge attack on their own lest the emblem be wasted. Better than Devilry for one-turn kill teams, but you may simply wish to take another weapon instead.
- Divinity Emblem provides significant bonus damage when above 100% charge bar, but to use this effectively you will need to turn off charge attacks, attack until you have 200% bar, then turn on charge attacks and use all your bar at once, then repeat the process. Manual charge bar management is key to success with this emblem. If you do not turn off charge attacks the bar will be used on the turn after the MC reaches 100%, using most of the bar and not dealing any bonus damage at all. Best used with characters with 200% bar so that their charge acquired whilst waiting for the MC to reach 200% is not wasted.
- 🛑This weapon requires many Gold Moons to acquire, and will realistically involve the use of several Damascus Ingots to uncap to its full potential. Think very carefully before making the heavy commitment to acquiring this weapon! - an expensive choice that grants the chance to do 9 attacks in a single turn after C.A., as well as provide stacking damage buffs on multiattacks. Triggering the 9x attack will bring the MC close or at enough charge to do another charge attack immediately. 🛑
- - it provides a chance to do a turn of after a charge attack. Only has compared to 's 3x3 attacks, but has a much better chance of it happening. Also provides a teamwide clear on Charge Attack as well as drain effect for anyone under the effect of . Best combined with use of .
- ⚠️This weapon is acquired from the Premium Draw. It will require the use of duplicate copies or Damascus Ingots to uncap to its full potential. It may be difficult to get this weapon in the first place, and will be expensive to bring to its full power. Consider whether you can use a farmable replacement instead. - Has the same chance-of- ⚠️ effect as , but provides a teamwide ATK up instead of a clear.
- - provides partywide drain and an improvement to the MC's charge attack every time it happens. A decent choice for longer battles with a Light team.
- - Provides a unique stacking attack and defense buff to the MC on each charge attack, up to 50% strength for each.
- ⚠️This weapon requires use of a Gold Brick to uncap to its full potential. Make sure this weapon is the best possible use you can get out of your before choosing to get it. - Assumes use of the γ Revelation or Δ Revelation skills. Both help the charge bar in different ways on charge attack, as well as lift damage caps. An alternative to ⚠️ if you have or dark characters that use crests.
- γ Revelation gives 15% boost to C.A. DMG cap and all allies gain on charge attack, a lower strength version of the Devilry emblem effect from .
- Δ Revelation gives 50% boost to chain burst DMG cap and all allies gain on charge attack, much like 's charge attack effect.
- ⚠️This weapon is acquired from the Premium Draw. It will require the use of duplicate copies or Damascus Ingots to uncap to its full potential. It may be difficult to get this weapon in the first place, and will be expensive to bring to its full power. Consider whether you can use a farmable replacement instead. - ⚠️ and after charge attack. Also triggers a stacking supplemental damage effect for each triple attack, up to a maximum strength of 30K per instance. Excellent combination with .
- ⚠️This weapon is acquired from the Premium Draw. It will require the use of duplicate copies or Damascus Ingots to uncap to its full potential. It may be difficult to get this weapon in the first place, and will be expensive to bring to its full power. Consider whether you can use a farmable replacement instead. - Boosts the power of all charge attacks when wielded as a main weapon, as well as giving the MC a boost to charge bar on each charge attack. ⚠️
- - Boosts the MC's charge bar on charge attack, and provides 's buff to the party without having to have her in the front lines. Also provides a very strong attack and DMG cap increase to the party once is active. A strong pick but requires the use of , and loses relative value if is in the front line of your party.
- - It provides a strong party-wide boost to multiattack and after charge attack. A decent choice for longer battles with a Earth team.
- - All allies gain on charge attack. Also notable for its weapon skill that supplements all charge attacks with up to 400K damage.
- When set as a main or support summon, 4★ 's call is the most reliable way to instantly reach 200% charge bar. Because its aura only affects Water allies, this strategy works best for Water teams but will be much less reliable, damage-wise, for other elements.
- 4★ gives 30% charge bar on call, which can be used to refill some charge bar lost by using or . However, for OTK purposes, only Water teams have instant access to her call.
- hiroXgbf http://hiroxgbf.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-7.html
- Hecate_mk2, Kengo. https://twitter.com/Hecate_mk2/status/997064980468981761
- Great Sundome, https://twitter.com/greatsundome/status/997365245680140288
- I_never_fail, Kengo. https://twitter.com/I_never_fail/status/997101417914486784